Reminder Secure

Asking for location ideas

06 February 2014 10:55
gedimage
Photographer

A model l enjoy working with has asked for a elegent fasbion set of Images.
So like to ask for ideas as we have shot cambridge before so askinv for ideas that would place a nice twist on it
We both need to keep any ideas from ca.mbridge via train as she does t drive . We like the Cambridge way cycling once arrived

So trying for ideas local as in up to four stops any direction. She is a lovely model so wanna find somewhere good.

Chrissie Red is off-line
06 February 2014 11:40
Chrissie_Red
Model
Chrissie_Red
Tayside
Perthshire

Might be a good idea to go out yourself and have a little scout about.

I had a great time years ago on a shoot with a photographer who was shooting me in my hometown, he just told me to bring some clothes and we would go for a walk through town. We just stopped and shot for a few minutes in front of anything we thought looked cool, most of those things wouldn't have been locations others would have suggested "the red paint cracking off back door to the hotel down George street, the cool wall on the bakers across the bride" backdrops which other people probably wouldn't notice or even think of suggesting. It was a hell of a lot of fun just going with the flow, very informal and the photographer got some great pictures.

HowardJ is off-line
06 February 2014 15:51
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
Surrey
West Midlands

or even use google maps to find interesting locations

gerryquiff is off-lineSilver Member
07 February 2014 04:02
gerryquiff
Photographer
gerryquiff
Lanarkshire
Bonnie Scotland

As Chrissie says, go have a look and see what catches your eye. A local map (or sat nav) is great for marking with those locations.
I've also, like Chrissie, gone walkabout with a model through an area and found details that I'd probably have walked by without my camera and model.
CAT WANTED. Must be large enough to make Davy Crockett hat. (6 7/8) Prefer ginger

Profile Pictures is off-line
07 February 2014 05:07
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Suffolk
Bury St Edmunds

I may miss your point slightly in replying since it's confusingly written.

If you're shooting in Cambridge, and I'd suggest its well worth a shoot. You'll need a taxi into town from the station as the walk is around 15 minutes and usually busy in pedestrian and traffic terms. From the market square in any direction you'll find good backdrops for a picture, from modern to very ancient buildings and with some very expensive and unusual architecture to choose from. If you're a little light on your toes, you can sometimes get into college quads and the like, many of which offer gorgeous settings for a picture, and I'd recommend any area bordering the river also. Maybe get a punt hired, not too expensive and offering lots of flexibility. The botanic gardens are pretty interesting too.

07 February 2014 20:53
gedimage
Photographer

I've worked with the model in Cambridge allow not the botanic which was on the list for this year. As if you read their website that one you do need permission for which I have obtain now. I am really looking for out of Cambridge. The model for this one we been shooting around the market and river for over four years looking for something different.

Allow will check out a watermill soon that I no of. As a picturesque setting.

Allow fifteen minute walk from the Cambridge station that's slow I've walked a model after a shoot back a lot quicker than that and pulling the suitcase.

07 February 2014 20:55
gedimage
Photographer

Allow thanks Chrissy you come up with some I need to check out as soon as wind drops .

David Heels is off-line
08 February 2014 09:49
Crippen
Photographer
Crippen
South Yorkshire
Sheffield

Gerald, I don't wish to be rude, but you have the most singular grasp of the English language.

Dave

Seventy Percent Curves is off-line
08 February 2014 10:20
CliveLawrence
Photographer
CliveLawrence
Hampshire
Farnborough

Hertford Castle, lots of waterways and bridges, serious stone walls. It's in the middle of Hertford

09 February 2014 12:12
gedimage
Photographer

Thanks Clive I can look into these allow Hertford is a little costly on train almost trip to London cost but as I do know a model that lives their could try it with her first.

23 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
ad360photo antoinewynn bbphotos BOBREEVES bradder carshaltonkev daseinphoto Fstop humphries James7799 Jb3329 john_at_tina_spice keltica MIB nemesis rcimages rod_m99 Rscott360 Sp_digital thelook VB_Photo visions11 xposed