Would love your oppinion

Paul Jones is off-line
06 February 2014 15:33
Paul_Jones
Photographer
Paul_Jones
Lancashire
Wigan

Whilst some might not agree with SteveSav's comments, he surely has a right to voice his opinion in a Portfolio Review thread.

To Heffy - I think this is, in my opinion, the best shot of you on your portfolio.

Best regards
Paul
www.PaulJones.org (Glamour / Portraits / NSFW)

Neil Anderson is off-line
06 February 2014 19:24
stolenfaces
Photographer
stolenfaces
London
West London

Quote from Paul_Jones
Whilst some might not agree with SteveSav's comments, he surely has a right to voice his opinion in a Portfolio Review thread.

To Heffy - I think this is, in my opinion, the best shot of you on your portfolio.

Best regards

Paul

It's perfectly reasonable for anyone to have and express an opinion as to whether they like the pictures.
But the standard of photography is much less a question of opinion .
For example the main picture is clearly well composed and exposed. Whether the post processing Is to one's taste or not is something on which opinions may differ.

If he had said 'I don't like your photos' that would be fair comment
Like any dealer he was watching for the card that is so high and wild he'll never need to deal another...

Sav~ is off-lineGold Member
07 February 2014 06:24
SteveSav
Photographer
SteveSav
West Yorkshire
Sheffield/ Wakefield

Quote from stolenfaces
It's perfectly reasonable for anyone to have and express an opinion as to whether they like the pictures. But the standard of photography is much less a question of opinion . For example the main picture is clearly well composed and exposed. Whether the post processing Is to one's taste or not is something on which opinions may differ. If he had said 'I don't like your photos' that would be fair comment

IN YOUR OPINION!!!

In my opinion I have left valuable critique, room for improvement, a chance to effectively strive for excellence which surely is the essence of this post.

You obviously settle for mediocrity, no lessons learned, no way to improve. You've left no critique but just had a go at me. Now HOW is that going to help Heffy develop her work.

If I ask for critique, ie, peoples opinions, critique is what I want, NOT oh yea your portfolio is nice, or as you say 'I don't like your photos',..... I don't like broccoli.

You pick your blonde out neatly from the smoke, Always you wait for someone else though, always ~

Neil Anderson is off-line
07 February 2014 06:52
stolenfaces
Photographer
stolenfaces
London
West London

Quote from SteveSav
IN YOUR OPINION!!!

In my opinion I have left valuable critique, room for improvement, a chance to effectively strive for excellence which surely is the essence of this post.

You obviously settle for mediocrity, no lessons learned, no way to improve. You've left no critique but just had a go at me. Now HOW is that going to help Heffy develop her work.

If I ask for critique, ie, peoples opinions, critique is what I want, NOT oh yea your portfolio is nice, or as you say 'I don't like your photos',..... I don't like broccoli.

You left a negative (and standard 'do tfp') response to the original post. Was that a critique ?
I merely suggested that you were wrong, ie that the photography was perfectly satisfactory.

How would someone improve from your thorough critique? A model's portfolio requires images that show her looks, strengths and abilities, even if the photography were poor, for a model, that is much less important than the content of the photos.
You will notice that not one of the other comments agrees with you.

Your later (more detailed) comments are not a critique of the photography, they are about the post-processing.

Also, for your info, it is regarded as rude to comment on a photographer's photos if they didn't ask for a review. Thus when a model asks for a review people normally comment on how she looks in the photos, whether they cover all the bases, and whether she has made a good selection.
Like any dealer he was watching for the card that is so high and wild he'll never need to deal another...

07 February 2014 07:17
SteveSav
Photographer
SteveSav
West Yorkshire
Sheffield/ Wakefield

Quote from stolenfaces
You left a negative (and standard 'do tfp' response to the original post. Was that a critique ? I merely suggested that you were wrong, ie that the photography was perfectly satisfactory. How would someone improve from your thorough critique? A model's portfolio requires images that show her looks, strengths and abilities, even if the photography were poor, for a model, that is much less important than the content of the photos. You will notice that not one of the other comments agrees with you. Your later (more detailed) comments are not a critique of the photography, they are about the post-processing. Also, for your info, it is regarded as rude to comment on a photographer's photos if they didn't ask for a review. Thus when a model asks for a review people normally comment on how she looks in the photos, whether they cover all the bases, and whether she has made a good selection.

You pick your blonde out neatly from the smoke, Always you wait for someone else though, always ~

Jesfish is off-line
07 February 2014 15:25
jes
Model
jes
Suffolk
Lowestoft

Glass houses 'n' all that!!

I think the quality of the images is good.  Some I prefer to others, but that is down to personal taste, not a criticism on the model or photographers.  You clearly have a style and if that's all you want to do, then I think you have a relly good profile.  If you want to be more verastile, then you will need to show that in your images and shoot some different styles with a range of hair and make up styles perhaps.  Some head shots would be nice.

07 February 2014 18:44
BicycleRacer
Photographer

Hi Heffy,

My opinion is that you have raw talent as a model, your images are eye catching, you give a fantastic look and I would love to book you for a studio shoot

Katie Soze is off-line
13 February 2014 09:22
katiesoze
Photographer
katiesoze
South Yorkshire

Id shoot you put it that way. I'm a fan of Fienderella. And I'd go as far as to say looking at Steve Savs port he just doesn't 'get it'.

I get it

13 February 2014 12:14
SteveSav
Photographer
SteveSav
West Yorkshire
Sheffield/ Wakefield

Quote from katiesoze
Id shoot you put it that way. I'm a fan of Fienderella. And I'd go as far as to say looking at Steve Savs port he just doesn't 'get it'. I get it

With what you have to say, you obviously miss- read my comments, I'm mystified that you feel qualified to comment on my port.

Samantha Duell is off-line
13 February 2014 16:59
SDuell
Photographer
SDuell
Cambridgeshire
whittlesey

i think you have a nice selection of images

the floor image with you on the rug is prob my fav and your main image is stripped back and shows you looking slightly more natural which is nice

but thats just my opinion lol

40 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
blurob bonni_cuffs Cody danixhale Looby88 ryansd Tashaholz Winterlilly
bbphotos Blancho clearimagephotography cliffc daseinphoto david1500 davidpaul dby47 ElegantCaptures freddie Gabby_d GlasgowPhotographer James7799 Jsb270 Jskazza Keith_H MIB mike0048 NormP Nothingventured PhilStorm plld plymjack Rhadamanthus sniffer Sp_digital steevrosewood stevegosh steveh32 Thunder_Photos TonyNutley Willy_O