Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
06 February 2014 09:01
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Quote from Rawandthecooked
By the way, where is Pippins these days?

He has logged in today so obviously still around, probably getting internationally published.
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

louise pearce is off-linePlatinum Member
07 February 2014 11:53
silkythighslou
Model
silkythighslou
Staffordshire
Eccleshall

There are plus points and minus points for all the portfolio hosting sites, and it is nice to see that a number of them including PS are making improvements .
One aspect I think that could be looked at on here is increasing the quantity of images and their location on the home page .
There is too much text and not enough imagery .

07 February 2014 12:32
paule
Photographer

I like the site and it works OK for me: if and when I require a model I can generally find one who's willing to collaborate... and it's worked in reverse too, models requiring photos contact me for projects..

I was a Silver subscriber for a while, though as I'm not a heavy user of models, I couldn't even justify that cost so wet Basic..

The search facility is decent, none are perfect, Middlesbrough is lost between North Yorkshire, Durham & for some people it seems Tyne & Wear (go figure..)

Generally people and forums are OK.

CGW is off-line
07 February 2014 13:40
cgwebster
Photographer
cgwebster
Hampshire
Basingstoke

Quote from PaulManuell
As an internet thicko who couldn't even set up my own profile (thanks Linderock) or make myself a Silver member (thanks Suzy Monty), Purestorm's fine for me because I can at least read the Forum and do searches on my own. I tried a search on Purple Port and couldn't find a 'Search' or 'Go' option anywhere to bring up models after filling out the ridiculously long list of criteria.

LoL

The search is dynamic, tick a box and the results are filtered right away, you don't have to click a GO button or anything.
What does annoy me is that you have to remember to pop a new tab when you click on a profile, otherwise when you go back you have to start over.

Slim is off-line
07 February 2014 14:42
S1im
Photographer
S1im
West Sussex
Chichester

Purestorm certainly looks a lot more professional than others.As for the admin team.1st class,always get a reply and follows ups. Keep up the good work.

Paul Thompson is off-linePlatinum Member
07 February 2014 16:06
Biggles485
Photographer
Biggles485
Hampshire
Fareham

Quote from Paul_Jones
I've been a member of various photography forums / websites for the last 15 years.

Over the years there are some sites that I've stuck with and there are some that I've left.  If I'm going to leave a site I just stop visiting it.  I don't post a "Goodbye, I'm leaving" thread.

Similarly, if I'm unhappy with a website I wouldn't dream of posting a thread about it on another competing website.  I would just leave.

So far, I think Purestorm is doing a decent job in providing what I need to hire models for shoots.  Could it be improved?  Yes, I'm sure there's always room for improvement, but it's doing OK for me. 

Best regards
Paul

+1  cheeky

I don't have my own website / publish or do much with my images, predominately I use this site to show the world who I'm working with  / what I've been up to, I do work with a large number of new models as well as my "regulars" so 250 images display for me isn't enough, I would love the chance to "buy" extra pages, even if they were similar to the "view more images" on the front page

I don't like the confrontation of The Forum and try and stay off it as much as I can, people like / dislike what i do is up to them, I'm here because I like being here, as to the mod team, they are not going to please everyone all the time but get my vote as they have always seemed fair and even handed, so well done there!

When going through Hell don't stop!

Tim is a moderatorPlatinum Member
07 February 2014 16:23
Tim
Model
Tim
East Sussex
Brighton

Hey everyone, Happy Friday!

Thanks for all your input so far on the threads of late about the site, it is always great to hear the good and the not so good points about life here on Purestorm. When we hear we are doing something well it's always music to our ears so we keep at it and when we hear of things which could be improved we learn from it and work hard to rectify it, so thanks for everyone's time writing up your thoughts.

We are always learning and listening, recently I've had some great chats with people on ideas and improvements which have included some wonderful "Aha!" moments for me so while the team has been working incredibly hard on all aspects of the sites we are listening and excited about new developments, it's been a great inspiration.

Looking forward,
Tim.
many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view

Rich G is off-line
07 February 2014 16:34
SMILESPHOTO
Photographer
SMILESPHOTO
Kent

There are numerous modelling/photography sites which come and go, many of which I've frequented over the last few years. Why is Purestorm the only one which has kept my continuous paid custom? The answer is because I've always found it easy to use and well moderated. It's very easy to say the moderators became too heavy-handed on 'keyboard warriors' and, let's face it, we all enjoyed a smile at times when some of them threw their toys out the pram, but it's easy to look back through rose-tinted spectacles.

Yes, I've had my share of 'no-shows' but which site hasn't - that's down to the individual and not the site. In contrast, I've worked with some lovely people, many of which I regard as friends.

Long live Purestorm!
HAPPY TO WORK UP TO OPEN WALLET LEVELS

07 February 2014 17:05
Blacklion
Photographer

Long live Purestorm indeed!

The Model Portfolio Co. is off-line
08 February 2014 13:24
TheModelPortfolioCo
Photographer
TheModelPortfolioCo
West Sussex

I have just cut my membership to basic. I have found that PS while okay just isn't as good as it used to be. PS now seems to be more focused on models making money than art or advice & support. I've found the standard of models and photographers better on other sites.

Why not start by having a better review of prospective members? 'Models' who do a few 'selfies' or togs that are 'guys with a camera' will show out and shouldn't be allowed a portfolio on the site.

It's just a shame. I am a PR/Media photographer full time and would do TFP shoots for fun and to give a bit back. I used to get loads of shoots from PS and now it's overwhelmed by financially motivated models. Art has moved away from PS.

Oh - and the front page has become far less interesting since all members can't have their images up there.  What with that and the move away from allowing basic members to see new members in their area it leads me to think that maybe PS is becoming more cash driven too?

Steve

20 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Brightonblonde chosin Ditzydee
chasJ ElegantCaptures glamshots GSC4X kai_kul kizer love nemesis photoman50 Rhadamanthus shootsyou skymouse Snooper911 stevegosh swalsh58 SyxStarr visions11