Purestorm Appreciation Thread

This thread is being watched by 1 person
Oliver Cook is off-line
05 February 2014 09:16
artistoli
Photographer
artistoli
Malta

I know these days there is a lot of talk of Purestorm 'dying' and being overtaken by certain other modelling sites but, after a recent testing of other sites (particularly a certain site beginning with the same letter) I have come to the conclusion that for all its faults Purestorm is still special. Personally I think there are many subtle differences to this site that still make it a much nicer place to be and to do business. So I figured we should all be positive (even the usually grumpy members), and just say what we like about it here. Hopefully we can encourage the PS team to get some renewed energy with regards to giving the site a kick up the bum and going places again too cheeky

I like:
- The admin team seem to be actual humans who are on an even keel compared to the teams behind 'the other' sites
- The community is large enough to give variety but small enough to make it manageble
- People just seem a bit friendlier here, models and photographers
- Its simple and down-to-earth with fewer of the silly gimmicks
- It seems more about being a catalyst to find talent and making it easy to arrange things rather than a place for photographers to just collect 'love' from other photographers

Of course, it has got a bit too quiet here recently, in terms of traffic, and I really with that it was possible to have nicer galleries with bigger images displayed. But hopefully that will happen.. cough cough PS team!

Oliver Cook is off-line
05 February 2014 09:53
artistoli
Photographer
artistoli
Malta

After receiving an unbelievable reply to a support ticket on the other 'P' site I'd also add that the admin team here at PS seem to actually have some customer service experience and manners. Something certainly lacking from the other site's team.

Keith Wells is off-lineSilver Member
05 February 2014 10:16
keithpics
Photographer

East Sussex
Brighton

I totally agree. It's also a great place to find good advice on all manner of things.

Suzy Monty is off-line
05 February 2014 10:24
SuzyMonty
Model
SuzyMonty
Cornwall
Truro Cornwall -enjoy travelling! -Published Internationally

Totally agree. I prefer Purestorm - hands down.
Elizabeth Arden quote - 'I'm not interested in age. People who tell their age are silly. You're as old as you feel' OR LOOK...

Pentti Pohjonen is off-lineSilver Member
05 February 2014 10:55
PHP_Photography
Photographer
PHP_Photography
Finland
VAASA

Quote from SuzyMonty
Totally agree. I prefer Purestorm - hands down.

+1

Chrissie Red is off-line
05 February 2014 11:26
Chrissie_Red
Model
Chrissie_Red
Tayside
Perthshire

Its a shame that when we "compliment" purestorm we find the need to insult elsewhere at the same time.

Easily done I know, I've done it myself but lets just forget the other place exists.

I like purestorm because it is trying to improve and because the owner isn't a dickhead

Its nice to see the moderation going in the right direction.

And even though I have had my fair share of arguments I generally don't feel like people hold grudges on here.

John McNairn is off-line
05 February 2014 11:48
Fox2006
Photographer
Fox2006
Tayside
Dundee

In honesty I'm unsure that I like Purestorm, I certainly dont dislike it, however I used to love it. For a long time it was the number one site but during the last year or so the level of professionalism by members has gone right down hill. For me the last straw was the 'Who's got the best tits on Purestorm thread' I cancelled my subscription that day and seldom logged back in. Now I know that this is down to some users of the forum and not the admins themselves, but it has to be said that the forums turned skanky...or call it what you will. Now, as previously discussed elsewhere, other sites have had their problems and I do think that the skankiness has moved to pastures more purple thus leaving these forums quiet. Is it enough for me to resubscribe?..no I think not, not yet anyway.
I used to love logging on to Purestorm but not now, I hope things improve though.
Erica Von Stein - jealousy does manky things to people.

Chosin is a moderatorPlatinum Member
05 February 2014 11:51
Chosin
Model
Chosin
Hampshire

we are trying guys {yes very trying at times} surprise
But thank you very much x
I am old enough to say I have done it, and still young enough to do it again! ;}

Chrissie Red is off-line
05 February 2014 11:51
Chrissie_Red
Model
Chrissie_Red
Tayside
Perthshire

Quote from Fox2006
In honesty I'm unsure that I like Purestorm, I certainly dont dislike it, however I used to love it. For a long time it was the number one site but during the last year or so the level of professionalism by members has gone right down hill. For me the last straw was the 'Who's got the best tits on Purestorm thread' I cancelled my subscription that day and seldom logged back in. Now I know that this is down to some users of the forum and not the admins themselves, but it has to be said that the forums turned skanky...or call it what you will. Now, as previously discussed elsewhere, other sites have had their problems and I do think that the skankiness has moved to pastures more purple thus leaving these forums quiet. Is it enough for me to resubscribe?..no I think not, not yet anyway. I used to love logging on to Purestorm but not now, I hope things improve though.

Oh i forgot about that thread - that was the day I un subscribed too.

G Jack B is off-line
05 February 2014 12:15
Plymjack
Photographer
Plymjack
Devon
Plymouth

I have always preferred PS.. its only the limited search facilities that frustrates me... otherwise I find the admin team fine (had a problem early on but that was my fault), the models seem to want to work rather then say "Im a model!", the forums used to be more fun (but also more aggressive!)and it does what is sets out to do.
Yes other sites exist but none seem to achieve the end result as easily.
Real Bread Cook by day, BTL landlord & IT Guru - who said men can't multitask!

24 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Alexis92 ElleLaura Lanny1987 lynnesel Michelledefeo1
andrewf bob Cheshunt83 dave2008 dhuntuk digitalmood eosfan gattskirito glamorphotos Ladiesman MIB oscar powerbook92 Richard99 rscott360 Stoker tricky881 whitepython Yekim