Adobe CC price increase

This thread is being watched by 1 person
rtistik is off-line
05 February 2014 04:11
rtistik
Photographer

East Sussex
Brighton

Just got an email telling me that Creative Cloud subscription will increase when my current subscription runs out in March.
The increase appears to be about 37%.
I'm on an educational discount, so I don't know how this will affect normal subscriptions.

OldMaster is off-line
05 February 2014 04:47
OldMaster
Photographer
OldMaster
Hertfordshire
Harpenden

It's a very good reason to have stand alone CS6 on your computer?

The only thing subscriptions can do is go up!!

rtistik is off-line
05 February 2014 05:13
rtistik
Photographer

East Sussex
Brighton

Fortunately, I do have CS6, and that is fine for Photoshop, but as I'm also into video I'm wondering if the increase is worth it.
I do find that the ongoing improvements in Premiere and After Effects are desirable, not so much Photoshop.

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
05 February 2014 05:32
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

I bet with the 37% increase the educational copy is still a RedChecker is a naughty person load cheaper than the commercial one.
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

Aegean is off-lineSilver Member
05 February 2014 08:34
AegeanSoft
Photographer
AegeanSoft
London

This is what was feared.

You sign up to the CC scheme, lose your upgrade paths and licenses for your stand alone copies and after a while they can rip you off with whatever price rise they want knowing you have too much intellectual material tied up in PSD files etc.

www.aegeansoft.com Adult and fetish web site designers photographers and video producers

NoNoizePhotography is off-line
05 February 2014 09:17
NoNoizePhotography
Photographer
NoNoizePhotography
Surrey
Croydon

Quote from AegeanSoft
This is what was feared. You sign up to the CC scheme, lose your upgrade paths and licenses for your stand alone copies and after a while they can rip you off with whatever price rise they want knowing you have too much intellectual material tied up in PSD files etc.

What You said

Bob is off-linePlatinum Member
05 February 2014 10:34
Bob
Photographer
Bob
Devon
Honiton

Quote from rtistik
got an email telling me that Creative Cloud subscription will increase when my current subscription runs out

I suspect that a blind bandit in a darkened bank vault with his balaclava on backwards could have seen that one coming!
Bob

John McNairn is off-line
05 February 2014 11:52
Fox2006
Photographer
Fox2006
Tayside
Dundee

it was inevitable...once they have you by the short n curlies they up the price.
Erica Von Stein - jealousy does manky things to people.

OldMaster is off-line
05 February 2014 12:09
OldMaster
Photographer
OldMaster
Hertfordshire
Harpenden

I understand there are some very good video editors out their other than Photoshop/Premier..Sony for instance?

Of course there will come a time you can't up date CS6 but it does everything I could want and more particularly with all the plug ins loaded in it...

I can only hope that Adobe at least up date ACR for new DSLR's rather than force customers to subscribe...

Neil Anderson is off-line
05 February 2014 12:20
stolenfaces
Photographer
stolenfaces
London
West London

What did it go up to from ?
They seem to be selling the Student and Teacher subscription (the whole suite) for £15.88 per month inc VAT.
I can't help thinking that if you had it 37% cheaper than that initially it must have been an introductory offer for the first year only.

[ I realise that you said it went up by 37% and thus when I say '37% cheaper' it's not strictly true]

[ I don't disagree with general lack of confidence in Adobe upping rates ]
Like any dealer he was watching for the card that is so high and wild he'll never need to deal another...

6 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
heather94
Antz Creativedge gordon Philski Robinsky