Reminder Secure

I Spit On Your Grave 2

03 February 2014 21:46
PaulManuell
Photographer

Quote from stolenfaces
A huge number of people have seen Pyscho - most of them still take showers....

And an even greater number, I should imagine, have seen Psycho.

Gary Lowther is off-lineSilver Member
04 February 2014 04:16
gazbiker
Photographer

Northamptonshire
Brackley

Hi Guys and Gals

I have dealt with and worked closely with the BBFC who issue the guidelines for all film classification. "I Spit on your grave" was one film that the BBFC banned for quite a number of years, I've not watched it but I understand it has quite sickening violence. As times changed and people became more "desensitised" to this "level" of violence it was eventually released.

Quite often I would be trying to get a video production of my own certified as 18 rather than R18 because R18 can only be sold in sex shops. An example of what constituted a levels problem would be say a bondage scene such as hands tied behind the back or a combination of blindfold and hands tied. An argument I once tried to use in attempting to get the classification lowered to 18 was that if they can give "spit on my grave" an 18 certificate why can't my production have an 18? Their is answer was that it is to do with the Genre, "I spit on your grave" is classified as "horror", people who go to the cinema to watch "horror" know what they are letting themselves in for but they know its not true and is purely to scare the pants off you. However "my" genre was "adult themes" and apparently the watcher buy's into the production that it is really what goes on in the bedroom so people will go off and potentially tie their partners hands behind their back or blindfold them which could put that person in danger or cause suffering! A big No No at the BBFC is people suffering but its OK as long as the genre is Horror. The question is, does it make any difference to people what the genre is? or do they get influenced and go off and copy what they've seen anyway?

My opinion for what its worth is that I think society has become a dangerous place because of violent films, some sick individuals do watch these films and then believe its Ok to simulate what they have seen but in an age where freedom is king I think its only going to get worse!

Nuff said

Tony Stephenson is off-line
04 February 2014 04:58
tonycsm
Photographer
tonycsm
East Yorkshire
Driffield

Quote from stolenfaces
A huge number of people have seen Pyscho - most of them still take showers....

That may well be true now as we are de-sensitised to on-screen violence these days but would that be the case over 50 years ago when the film was first released?

When Psycho was first screened, many people fainted or ran from the cinema and yet there was very little actual violence ( relative to today's film offerings) in the infamous shower scene - it was all mostly generated in the mind of the viewer so it's clear that although they knew it to be just a film, it still had a particularly disturbing effect upon a minority of them and for a number of those from what I've subsequently read, it left them with an innate fear of showers, so films can and do influence people's thinking.

www.le-femme.co.uk

Simon Chan is off-line
04 February 2014 14:10
Chandos
Photographer

Merseyside
Liverpool

Quote from gazbiker
Hi Guys and Gals

I have dealt with and worked closely with the BBFC who issue the guidelines for all film classification. "I Spit on your grave" was one film that the BBFC banned for quite a number of years, I've not watched it but I understand it has quite sickening violence. As times changed and people became more "desensitised" to this "level" of violence it was eventually released.

Quite often I would be trying to get a video production of my own certified as 18 rather than R18 because R18 can only be sold in sex shops. An example of what constituted a levels problem would be say a bondage scene such as hands tied behind the back or a combination of blindfold and hands tied. An argument I once tried to use in attempting to get the classification lowered to 18 was that if they can give "spit on my grave" an 18 certificate why can't my production have an 18? Their is answer was that it is to do with the Genre, "I spit on your grave" is classified as "horror", people who go to the cinema to watch "horror" know what they are letting themselves in for but they know its not true and is purely to scare the pants off you. However "my" genre was "adult themes" and apparently the watcher buy's into the production that it is really what goes on in the bedroom so people will go off and potentially tie their partners hands behind their back or blindfold them which could put that person in danger or cause suffering! A big No No at the BBFC is people suffering but its OK as long as the genre is Horror. The question is, does it make any difference to people what the genre is? or do they get influenced and go off and copy what they've seen anyway?

My opinion for what its worth is that I think society has become a dangerous place because of violent films, some sick individuals do watch these films and then believe its Ok to simulate what they have seen but in an age where freedom is king I think its only going to get worse!

Nuff said

Have you tried turning your S&M film into foreign language particularly French? I understand the BBFC are more lenient with controversial themes if they are in a foreign language because the people in the quango thinks you have to be cultured to understand a foreign language and educated enough to behave and not go deranged by watching it.

I don't agree with your society being a dangerous place attributed to violent films, that is Chandos is a naughty person !

rootofsilence is off-line
04 February 2014 15:03
rootofsilence
Photographer

Somerset

I'd avoid any photographer who acted as weird as the guys in this movie did.

PS. I'm still trying to work out how they managed to get the girl from New York to Bulgaria without someone asking them 'what's in the box?'

Rich G is off-line
05 February 2014 03:12
SMILESPHOTO
Photographer
SMILESPHOTO
Kent

I think that, as with many aspects of life, you have to take the context into consideration. My main image has received a few comments on Facebook from folks who find it 'uncomfortable' and 'unsettling' yet I've only received positive comments on modelling sites because we understand the nature of our art in greater depth.

However, there should be boundaries not to be crossed but since these will always be based on moral values, how can they be drawn? I've seen 'I Spit on your Grave' and by today's standards found it fairly tame. It would be positively 'Disneyesque' compared to that Serbian film where a baby was raped with the umbilical cord still attached.

The numbing of morals will always be a contentious issue.
HAPPY TO WORK UP TO OPEN WALLET LEVELS

EdT is off-line
05 February 2014 14:44
EdT
Photographer
EdT
Cambridgeshire

Quote from tonycsm
That may well be true now as we are de-sensitised to on-screen violence these days but would that be the case over 50 years ago when the film was first released?

When Psycho was first screened, many people fainted or ran from the cinema and yet there was very little actual violence ( relative to today's film offerings) in the infamous shower scene - it was all mostly generated in the mind of the viewer so it's clear that although they knew it to be just a film, it still had a particularly disturbing effect upon a minority of them and for a number of those from what I've subsequently read, it left them with an innate fear of showers, so films can and do influence people's thinking.

Huh? How on earth does something leave you with an innate fear?

Tony Stephenson is off-line
05 February 2014 16:59
tonycsm
Photographer
tonycsm
East Yorkshire
Driffield

Quote from EdT
Huh? How on earth does something leave you with an innate fear?

To be absolutely honest I haven't a clue why I wrote that! I meant to say irrational fear
www.le-femme.co.uk

EdT is off-line
05 February 2014 17:09
EdT
Photographer
EdT
Cambridgeshire

Quote from tonycsm
To be absolutely honest I haven't a clue why I wrote that! I meant to say irrational fear. 

Irrational fingers probably ... I often have that problem

13 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Sammy_Louise
Brianseye Colinpierce dirkus draken FlashHarold Hioctane Jan77 jphoto mareeoosh Redbaron viewphotographic
harbourstudio