Am I missing the point...?

Street Model is off-line
02 February 2014 13:30
StreetModel
Photographer
StreetModel
Essex
Upminster / All UK

I have looked at several of the new Models to arrive here, and many of them have photos that they put in a section they refer to as either 'Glamour Nude' or 'Fine art nude'. Now, Maybe, and this is where I think I am missing the point here, I should expect them to be photographed 'in the nude'??

One 'fine art nude' has the model fully dressed on a rock, and another has a 'glamour nude' in a cardigan and knickers... Glamour, I am sure it can be classed as, but Glamour nude??

Like I say, maybe *I* am missing the point...
It could be Lupus.... It is NEVER Lupus!!

Gerry is off-line
02 February 2014 13:40
Gerry99111
Photographer
Gerry99111
Surrey
Guildford

Without seeing the portfolios I cannot comment but:

Maybe they are happy to shoot art nude or glamour nude but don't have any images yet so posted some clothed ones so you can get the gist

Or maybe they don't understand.

New models sometimes tick adult [without nude or topless] because they think it is portraying adults.

Personally, I think new models are often still fairly inexperienced on how the world operates and you need to cut them some slack
If you have to ask why I do it, you will never understand the reason why

Jesfish is off-line
02 February 2014 14:55
jes
Model
jes
Suffolk
Lowestoft

You yourself have a nude in casual, a casual in fashion and a glamour in sport!...so maybe it's each to their own as to how they catagorize their own images

Street Model is off-line
02 February 2014 15:23
StreetModel
Photographer
StreetModel
Essex
Upminster / All UK

Quote from jes
You yourself have a nude in casual, a casual in fashion and a glamour in sport!...so maybe it's each to their own as to how they catagorize their own images

Fair point - but I never could figure the boundrys of casual and fashion... and the nude in casual 'might' be wearing shorts...

It could be Lupus.... It is NEVER Lupus!!

rmsoansphotography is off-line
03 February 2014 06:41
digimarx
Photographer

London

Quote from StreetModel
I have looked at several of the new Models to arrive here, and many of them have photos that they put in a section they refer to as either 'Glamour Nude' or 'Fine art nude'. Now, Maybe, and this is where I think I am missing the point here, I should expect them to be photographed 'in the nude'??

One 'fine art nude' has the model fully dressed on a rock, and another has a 'glamour nude' in a cardigan and knickers... Glamour, I am sure it can be classed as, but Glamour nude??

Like I say, maybe *I* am missing the point...

Probably they couldn't be bothered to get it right so hence what you saw

Neil Anderson is off-line
03 February 2014 08:34
stolenfaces
Photographer
stolenfaces
London
West London

Quote from digimarx

Probably they couldn't be bothered to get it right so hence what you saw

There isn't a right and wrong.
Many people have stuff listed as 'Fine Art Nude' which isn't by any normal interpretation 'Fine Art' or 'Nude'. It is interesting that often a model puts photos which are 'arty' and some degree of being undressed in this category, whilst photographers often seem to put photos which have no clothes but have no obvious sign of art into this category.

But.. normally if people class clothed pictures as 'Nude' of any type then one should be wary of what they are expecting if you book them for nude work.

Most people put casual shots in fashion.

It's more interesting if (as a paying member) you create your own categories.
Like any dealer he was watching for the card that is so high and wild he'll never need to deal another...

Kevin Wilson is off-line
03 February 2014 16:56
kerandastudio2
Studio
kerandastudio2
Norfolk
Kings Lynn

Just a personel opinion , but I think there are far to many catogories. I have over twenty years experience and I am often baffeld as to which catogory to choose.

Neil Anderson is off-line
03 February 2014 17:36
stolenfaces
Photographer
stolenfaces
London
West London

Quote from kerandastudio2
Just a personel opinion , but I think there are far to many catogories. I have over twenty years experience and I am often baffeld as to which catogory to choose.

It just doesn't matter - it's your profile - your choice.
But, as I said above, it can give some insight into someones attitudes to nudity and what is art, what is fashion ... or even show an anarchic or humorous attitude.
Like any dealer he was watching for the card that is so high and wild he'll never need to deal another...

23 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Abbigoodchild
antoinewynn bbphotos carshaltonkev claypaws david1500 draken gwentman hylander Jb3329 JohnDentonPhoto jonnywoo modelboutique Myview nemesis paulq rod_m99 RonA ScottMCCCXIV Sp_digital steveh32 thelook