Reminder Secure

rates... advice needed

Mad Mod is off-line
03 February 2014 10:19
MadMod
Make-up Artist
MadMod
West Sussex

Jumping to conclusions can sometimes lead to a fall.
The topic starter has not left Purestorm but has closed her account to change username.

scubie is off-lineSilver Member
03 February 2014 10:30
scubie
Photographer
scubie
West Sussex
worthing

Quote from seeryder
Hi Gabriella, In my experience , you will only get paid if you take at least some of your clothes off. Amateur photographers just won't pay for clothed modelling & the pro's will want you to be very very special before they hire you.

This is obviously not true, I always pay and am quite happy to shoot fashio/headshots most of the time.
Doug

rmsoansphotography is off-line
03 February 2014 12:59
digimarx
Photographer

London

Quote from MightyWhite
Obviously not what she wanted to hear (she has now left the site).

I am often amazed at the number of girls who come on here to ask a question but then quickly disappear afterwards.

Due to some crass answers like "You only get paid to take your clothes off or unless you're someone they are looking for" etc...

I think some people should really think before they answer

EDIT: Oh apparently the model has changed her name on here

03 February 2014 13:47
JadedRed
Model

Quote from Gerry99111
May well be nothing to do with her post.

Many models get swamped by chancers and level pushers when they join and if I was guessing, I would think that a far more likely scenario

Yep, a much as people want to blame flakey, wannabe models, it seems more common to be things like feeling uncomfortable with the reality of the situation;dealing with such close ties to the adult community, NOT normal to those coming in from the outside,  having to deal with unprofessional situations that they aren't used to having to put up with, being overcome with unsuitable offers, leading them to believe they have gone about things the wrong way, being told they are unsuited to modelling, and not uncommonly being encouraged to work TFP to build up a portfolio and then not recieving images for a shoot.

The attitudes these days seems to be newbies should be chucked in the deep end and then berated if they drown.
Admin edit [please read "Mad Mods" post above]

TarMoo is off-line
03 February 2014 15:11
tarmoo
Photographer
tarmoo
Kent
Chatham

Quote from MadMod
Jumping to conclusions can sometimes lead to a fall.
The topic starter has not left Purestorm but has closed her account to change username.

See http://www.purestorm.com/bellajackson93
Q: How to make a small fortune from photography? A: Start with a large fortune.

Chosin is a moderatorPlatinum Member
03 February 2014 15:27
Chosin
Model
Chosin
Hampshire

Quote from tarmoo
See http://www.purestorm.com/bellajackson93

Thank you, Tarmoo smiley
I am old enough to say I have done it, and still young enough to do it again! ;}

orca is off-line
03 February 2014 15:39
Orca_photography
Photographer
Orca_photography
South Yorkshire
Sheffield

Ditto madmod and Tarmoo
Russ orca.photography

03 February 2014 18:08
bellajackson93
Model

I have deleted the account that i posted this forum topic from only because i wanted to change my username. This is my new profile: http://www.purestorm.com/profile.aspx?id=bellajackson93

Hot Video profiles is off-line
04 February 2014 01:06
gcmedia
Photographer

Queensland
Gold Coast

It's interesting the mix of responses.

The work available for a model varies greatly from personal portfolios to corporate.

The answer to how much you should charge is the same as any commercial transaction. Whenever a product is sold, the success of the sale of that product comes down to the demand and perceived value.

I've met models who see themselves as worth such a high rate that they rarely get any paid work. The I've seen models who are willing to work for a reasonable rate and they experience a regular flow of work.

Eg: Model 'A' charges $100 an hour and gets $10,000 work in a year.
Model 'B' charges $35 an hour and makes $35,000 work in a year.

Ultimately you've got to work out a starting point, especially if you're new. Some models like to charge more, but what value is the person hiring the model getting? Are they getting any extra value in paying more or are they better of just looking for another model.

chris is off-line
01 December 2014 17:02
chrisrobbopt
Model

Lincolnshire
lincoln

Ive had a few and have a few photoshoots upcoming that are paid, i have only found photographers are willing to pay if your willing to do erotic or nude or implied. But average has been £300 plus travel expenses for 3 hour bookings ranging from clothed, erotic, commercial, and nude.

1 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
andygstudios