This thread is being watched by 1 person
Mr D is off-line
01 February 2014 05:34
Darkstudent
Photographer
Darkstudent
Lancashire
Manchester

I have left feedback for a model who cancled on me last moment, costing me money and time. model was persistant with trying to contact me days later but regardless of model wanting to re-arrange things with me doesnt change the fact I was out of pocket, a day wasted and a client a annoyed with me.

The model was booked on another site, But I also left feedback for model on here. I believe regardless were the booking was made, people should be made aware of any negative outcomes and have the abillity to contact the person who left the reference if they wish.

How-ever, model has moaned to admin who removed the feedback.

Am I wrong in thinking is a bit of a mockery of the feedback system or would people agree with admins actions ?

If im right or wrong then fair be it but I thought id ask for opinions.

Edit: At the time of canclation id also like to add the reason in the text was due to a photographer running over, not, yes come a bit later my shoots are running over a little bit kinda text, it wasnt a family issue, cat died, model was run over or anything like that. 

Ian Payne is off-line
01 February 2014 06:10
extra_mayo
Photographer
extra_mayo
Kent
Gillingham

Quote from Darkstudent

The model was booked on another site, . 

There's your answer

01 February 2014 06:29
Socialdisaster
Photographer

You are in the wrong.
Modesty is just arrogance in stealth mode

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
01 February 2014 06:29
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Quote from Darkstudent

I believe regardless were the booking was made, people should be made aware of any negative outcomes and have the abillity to contact the person who left the reference if they wish.

Without the ability for the site's admin to verify what happened (by checking emails etc) then your claims are just heresay and the site rightly reserves the right to delete such posts to protect itself and it's members from legal action.
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

HowardJ is off-line
01 February 2014 06:32
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
Surrey
West Midlands

That's why its often a good idea to use the booking calendar feature on here. It sends a notification to the model of the booking which she accepts. If the shoot then doesn't happen both model and photographer have evidence to prove the booking was made and confirmed by all parties.

Amber West is off-line
01 February 2014 06:40
Amber6
Model
Amber6
Dumfries and Galloway

I may be wrong, but I think possibly once upon a time they did allow people to leave feedback regarding other sites. However, I know there were incidents of crazy folk making up things (personal vendettas, tit for tat issues) and just like how people can't expand on what's happened when they leave a negative feedback anymore.

To be fair I could randomly make up that say, you booked me for a shoot and cancelled last minute on another site, and there'd be no proof. I'm sure it's probably hard enough for admin to get to the bottom of incidents where two people are both claiming totally different truths - much less if they had to cross check other sites/third parties!

Life would be fairer and easier if everyone was honest, and behaved responsibly. However, that's never going to happen.

RGBphoto is off-lineSilver Member
01 February 2014 07:00
magpie1
Photographer

Tyne and Wear
Newcastle

It's just wrong, wrong, wrong to leave feedback on another site/s for something conducted on a specific site. The consequences of allowing 'broadcast' commentary would be utter chaos with messages crossing sites.

ForumModerator is a moderatorPlatinum Member
01 February 2014 07:17
ForumModerator

West Sussex

What we believe to be clear guidance on use of the Feedback system can be found here
in the
Help And Advice section which is linked from the foot of every Purestorm page.
Those who are unwilling to accept Purestorm's system put its existence in jeopardy.
~~~~~~~~

Matthew G is off-line
01 February 2014 07:34
MG
Photographer
MG
Warwickshire

I had exactly the same the other way around recently. I believe that there should be an open system that allows the two main sites, her and Purpleport to swap feedback. The owner of the other site said that they had tried this but it hadn't worked. I understand that the two sites are in competition with each other to a certain extent but a simple verification system between the two sites would really work well. If someone (model or photographer gets a + or a minus on one then the other should also work. Even if there was a slight gap to allow them to verify it.

I also think that a system of removing feedback should be put in place. Any account only be allowed two or three removals ever? A bit like in Rugby? :-) I'm sure there may be obstacles to get over but both sites really should respect the other one enough to work through the issue as it makes a bit of a mockery of feedback as it should be about the person, not the site.

Neil Anderson is off-line
01 February 2014 09:23
stolenfaces
Photographer
stolenfaces
London
West London

Quote from MG
I had exactly the same the other way around recently. I believe that there should be an open system that allows the two main sites, her and Purpleport to swap feedback. The owner of the other site said that they had tried this but it hadn't worked. I understand that the two sites are in competition with each other to a certain extent but a simple verification system between the two sites would really work well. If someone (model or photographer gets a + or a minus on one then the other should also work. Even if there was a slight gap to allow them to verify it.

I also think that a system of removing feedback should be put in place. Any account only be allowed two or three removals ever? A bit like in Rugby? :-) I'm sure there may be obstacles to get over but both sites really should respect the other one enough to work through the issue as it makes a bit of a mockery of feedback as it should be about the person, not the site.

I think it would be 'grown up' for here and PP to share info about serious incidents (ie those at a criminal level), but otherwise it would just be too time-consuming / trivial. Surely you can check feedback on both sites if you are doing due diligence on a model.
Like any dealer he was watching for the card that is so high and wild he'll never need to deal another...

2 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
ElleLaura
sniffer