Mac Mini Driving an Eizo Colour Edge CG270

jivago Photographic is off-line
29 January 2014 18:23
jivago
Photographer
jivago
Highland
Highlands & Cheshire

Post processing kit ageing. Need to move on. Mac Mini to drive a Eizo Colour Edge CG270 monitor. Resolution of the monitor is 2560X1440. The Graphics card (which is fixed) is an Intel HD Graphics 4000. Mac Mini is high spec quad core and 16GB RAM. I have been advised that it will be fine.

Have no use for a labtop and definitely not a PC, so please no need to refer to those. (Mac Mini still retains the Firwire 800 cable which is what my cameras use).

And insights appreciated.

frown
http://www.jivagophoto.com/

PeterB is off-lineGold Member
02 February 2014 12:21
pvfb
Photographer
pvfb
Surrey
Hampton Court

This was a configuration I considered... but I use Phocus and the Hasselblad read-me recommends against the mini due to the GPU... which is sad as the native Firewire 800 was attractive. I have seen them (minis) used with Eizos at Hassy Studio days but last time round went for an iMac with an Nvidia, even though it meant a Thuderbolt-FW adaptor (which I have yet try as the older iMac in the studio has FW800)

Don't think driving the monitor itself is going to be the issue, (1920x1200 via HDMI or 2560x1600 via the Thuderbolt/mini-displayport).

jivago Photographic is off-line
02 February 2014 12:40
jivago
Photographer
jivago
Highland
Highlands & Cheshire

Quote from pvfb
This was a configuration I considered... but I use Phocus and the Hasselblad read-me recommends against the mini due to the GPU... which is sad as the native Firewire 800 was attractive. I have seen them (minis) used with Eizos at Hassy Studio days but last time round went for an iMac with an Nvidia, even though it meant a Thuderbolt-FW adaptor (which I have yet try as the older iMac in the studio has FW800) Don't think driving the monitor itself is going to be the issue, (1920x1200 via HDMI or 2560x1600 via the Thuderbolt/mini-displayport).

Thanks - There is a lot to be said for the concept of the Mac Mini. Thanks re advice at Studio days. Escape Technology advise that the new Mac Min ahs enough GPU to make it all work.

The Firewire 800 is in my mind. Hasselblad advise that 10 W is optimal output for the camera. 7W will work although it cannot drop below that. The power at the far side of the adaptor is 7W!!! - On the edge!!!!!

http://www.jivagophoto.com/

30 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Anette0726 charlotte90 ElleLaura Exoticangel kate_anne lourabern natasha_1992 Tom84
antoinewynn CalTeg digimarx Djanimation djb1 dorrian duncanjames edb Gdpics Greedy80 Ian_Walker ian201050 Ladiesman lify philippahh poah Poss powerbook92 Rupert thelook vapourtrail
photo39