This thread is being watched by 1 person
theperfectgentleman is off-line
27 January 2014 18:22
theperfectgentleman
Photographer
theperfectgentleman
Essex
Chelmsford

I have just downloaded and have sudenly gone dim!!!
How do I specify others to have limited access to my images?
Do they have to be on dropbox as well or not?

Matt Harper is off-line
27 January 2014 18:25
mattharper
Photographer
mattharper
Devon
Paignton

YOu have to share the folder the pics are in with them. You do this by going to Sharing, then select the folder and then enter their email address in the box indicated and submit. They get an email to say they have been invited to share the folder and can see its contents

Neil Anderson is off-line
27 January 2014 19:17
stolenfaces
Photographer
stolenfaces
London
West London

First install dropbox.... assuming you're on windows (although Mac is similar)
In explorer find the Dropbox folder. In that, create a new folder to share (maybe name it after who you are sharing it with)
Copy the photos you want to share into that folder.
Right click on the folder: you have two options
For one off transfer you can get a link to the folder and e-mail it to the other party
Alternatively you can share the folder by putting in other party's e-mail as Matt says above. This gives two way sharing so other party can delete ones they don't like or move pics into sub-folders such as ok/love/hate. This is useful if you have a long-term relationship with party as once set up new files added by either party will be shared (if put in the shared folder)
Like any dealer he was watching for the card that is so high and wild he'll never need to deal another...

theperfectgentleman is off-line
28 January 2014 07:04
theperfectgentleman
Photographer
theperfectgentleman
Essex
Chelmsford

Thanks guys, I will try later and let you know how I get on.

28 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
bonni_cuffs Craigchesham Maryrose Teela
andrewf Andy_B bbphotos beachman carshaltonkev cliffc Danneu david1500 djb1 duncanjames Gaudinio Ianmcculloch iestyn Images1854 James7799 john_at_tina_spice JohnDentonPhoto mareeoosh nemesis pixelking RonA Rule_of_Thumb Shootonlocation Speedbird1977