Reminder Secure

does anyone use the Canon PIXMA iX6550 A3 photo printer?

27 January 2014 08:13
Ron_H
Photographer

I'm considering buying the above printer but there are mixed reviews from Amazon.
Do any of you guys use (or have used) this printer? If so, what's your verdict?
Some of the reviews complain about "vertical lines at regular intervals". Has this happened to you?

James Kelday is off-line
27 January 2014 18:17
gemini_fotografik
Photographer

Buckinghamshire

Hi

I have been using one for nearly a year now and am very happy with it.

I haven't had any problems but it does not get heavy usage.

Hope that helps.

James

28 January 2014 03:44
Ron_H
Photographer

Hi James, thanks for your response.
Yes that helps. I don't think mine would get heavy usage either that's why I'm going for the cheapest model.
At the moment I'm paying £5.99 per A3 print and the quality was so bad on my last prints I had to demand a refund.

Thanks again.
Ron

Anthonygh is off-line
28 January 2014 04:35
anthonyh
Photographer

Kent

You might be interested to know that Canon cartridges are easy to refill and reset...I do this with the Canon pro9000 mk2 using German OCP bulk inks and I calculate my ink costs are about 10% what I would be paying for Canon OEM carts.

28 January 2014 08:41
Ron_H
Photographer

Thanks anthonyh, I'm very interested to know that

Martin Bostock is off-line
28 January 2014 12:07
MartinB
Photographer
MartinB
Lancashire
Bispham

I've been using mine for a while and results are excellent. Only gripe is that B&W is sometimes a little tricky to get right.

Bill_M is off-line
28 January 2014 17:09
Bill_M
Photographer

Lanarkshire

I've got one. I bought it after throwing out an Epson in disgust doe to continual print head clogging. I am happy with the results, and it is much faster and quieter than the Epson.

28 January 2014 18:17
Ron_H
Photographer

Thanks for your responses guys. I've bit the bullet and ordered one

24 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
AmberBray catherinewilliams Charley1986 ElleLaura fionajane xamberx
bbphotos Blancho dorrian edb ellessephotography Flanders jas Kjoservices Mike103 Oberonfoto Peterashuk philippahh prestigephil stevegosh steveh32 Steveharratt tms
harbourstudio