Scottish Photographers Group?

Malc is off-lineSilver Member
26 January 2014 08:06
cziiki
Photographer
cziiki
London
London

Recently I moved to Glasgow. Since then I've known of three models from the south who were talking about a Scotland tour, but these all fizzled out for different reasons. I'd love to hear from photographers who might want to help make some model tours work (from England or Scotland or Ireland or wherever) by indicating who they would like to book from girls who might like to come, and then sorting out some bookings down the line.

A group of photographers in Scotland jointly arranging for models to come for a few days or a week with enough bookings to cover the cost of the trip and make it worthwhile? It's hard for a model to make all the arrangements, bookings, castings, travel, accommodation - if all she had to do was get on the train or plane, everything else sorted, some of those plans might actually happen.

So, any Scotland based photographers out there? Message or post!

Bob is off-linePlatinum Member
26 January 2014 08:34
Bob
Photographer
Bob
Devon
Honiton

Talk to the Quiff. He's involved with the Glasgow networking set.
He's also good at fixing old bangers with gaffa tape.
Bob cheeky ... Shift+R improves the quality of this image. Shift+A improves the quality of all images on this page.

Malc is off-lineSilver Member
26 January 2014 08:55
cziiki
Photographer
cziiki
London
London

Quote from Bob
Talk to the Quiff. He's involved with the Glasgow networking set.

He's also good at fixing old bangers with gaffa tape.

Bob

none of the models I know were thinking of making tours had heard of anyone or anything that could organise anything.

However I do have an old banger and I may need some help!...

John McNairn is off-line
26 January 2014 09:08
Fox2006
Photographer
Fox2006
Tayside
Dundee

There's plenty of models that come up to Scotland, so far I know that Rachelle Summers and Joceline are heading up here, Emma Willis is planning to...and you've got local models such as Chrissie Red. And the year has only just begun!

Carla Monaco
Helen Stephens
Lulu Lockhart
etc etc
Erica Von Stein - jealousy does manky things to people.

" Hibby " is off-line
26 January 2014 09:26
BrazenDivas
Photographer
BrazenDivas
Highland
Inverness

A major problem I have found is that many "touring" models seem to think that opportunities in Scotland do not extend further north than Edinburgh and Glasgow.
"A technically perfect photograph can be the worlds most boring picture" Andreas Feininger

Tempus Fugit is off-lineSilver Member
27 January 2014 02:49
pinkbuildingphotography
Photographer
pinkbuildingphotography
Tayside

http://purestorm.com/Slinky86

This model is coming up in April

There are models up here to.

http://purestorm.com/Chrissie_Red

Is excellent, I recommend her for art and fashion.

http://purestorm.com/profile.aspx?id=Skinnyredhead

Skinny is a lovely person who takes lovely pictures. I have no0t worked with her, however I know her personally.

http://purestorm.com/profile.aspx?id=CharlieCook5

I have not met her, however I have heard good things about Charlie.

Riding on the Gotterdammerung. Down and down she goes. Where she stops no one knows.

Chrissie Red is off-line
27 January 2014 04:48
Chrissie_Red
Model
Chrissie_Red
Tayside
Perthshire

Thanks for the mentions guys!

If you are on facebook there is a group called "Scottish creative network"
Which many models and photographers are members of, they also hold monthly meet ups in Glasgow/Edinburgh (and now tayside too... thanks to Pinkbuilding). So well worth finding out when the next Glasgow one is to go along and meet some of the locals!

4 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
miles
bigearspix cygnet rscott360