Reminder Secure

So what do people think of my image selection? More needed?

Profile Pictures is off-line
29 January 2014 07:30
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Suffolk
Bury St Edmunds

Hi Robert, I'm not sure what to say really, its not like there are any bad pictures shown, but there doesn't seem to be anything which really grabs the viewer, no statement piece or something which shows a recognisable style. I'm not founding your competence or your abilities I'm just left wondering if that's really the full scope of around 8 or more years work?

You've got skills, now maybe concentrate on creativity more, essentially, model, client, publications, all are interested in getting something with a bit of impact.

Jay R Tog is off-line
29 January 2014 07:59
Josh_Woodcock_Photography
Photographer
Josh_Woodcock_Photography
London
london/kent

i think the white balance is off on you main photo looks a tad blue to me.....
Don't take care, take risks

OldMaster is off-line
29 January 2014 07:59
OldMaster
Photographer
OldMaster
Hertfordshire
Harpenden

BA Hons...? I would suggest you need some more of virtually every genre?

Just a thought, I know things are different in the Home Counties. I live in Harpenden!(Definitely not my choice..the best view of which is in the rear view mirror!)

Cody is off-lineSilver Member
29 January 2014 08:30
Cody
Model
Cody
Oxfordshire
bicester

Oops sorry about the mistake earlier

Yes it would be good to see more headshots including facing the camera and see your work split into more genres ideally and more images

I love clubbing too

Robert Shipp is off-line
29 January 2014 08:37
sedilah
Photographer

Cambridgeshire
Godmanchester

Thanks for the constructive comments profilepictures. OldMaster bear in mind I only have 10 images available and the stuff I've done relative to this site is reasonably limited... I think you're right profilepictures in that much of my fashion portfolio is quite dated or constricted by a brief.... I've done primarily teaching, portraits and product/property photography since moving closer to London about 5yrs ago so not much fashion/model work since. I think perhaps I need to redevelop that side... and do more location work. Perhaps try using gear I usually don't and look more at current trends... its easy to get set in ones ways. Expensive though without a paying client...
I'm not sure then of the benefits of upgrading and showing more images until I have more new stuff. Little point in showing more of the same nor immaculate images of house interiors on here.
Josh.... Hah! I laughed so much, so so funny, so funny.... sooo funny... white balance is off... Hah!

29 January 2014 08:49
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Suffolk
Bury St Edmunds

Have a go at a casting call for TF here, it's clear you can take a decent picture and you'll likely find someone in need of a portfolio who I'm sure you could help out: use that as an opportunity to do something with a bit of POW. I'll be interested to see what happens from here.

Robert Shipp is off-line
29 January 2014 09:12
sedilah
Photographer

Cambridgeshire
Godmanchester

I think you're right... at the very least it's proactive in that area. I think I'll keep it all digital, seek a good location, possibly a designer/boutique for clothing and then put up a casting for model and m/u all on a S/TFP basis. See what a fresh perspective brings & drop the hassle of 6x7 film.

29 January 2014 09:55
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Suffolk
Bury St Edmunds

I'd choose whatever medium you think you're best at, digital, 35mm, medium or large format, whatever really. None of those options indicate or preclude a great picture.

Robert Shipp is off-line
29 January 2014 10:12
sedilah
Photographer

Cambridgeshire
Godmanchester

No true but cost is a factor to consider...

2 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
FirstLifePhotography john_at_tina_spice