Reminder Secure

Have you ever photographed (or been photographed by) a celebrity...?

This thread is being watched by 2 people
Street Model is off-line
23 January 2014 13:39
StreetModel
Photographer
StreetModel
Essex
Upminster / All UK

Have you ever photographed a celebrity, or been photographed by one, and what were they like to work with? Were they full of self importance or decent people?

I was lucky enough to photograph Rik Wakeman, and he was a total gentleman, easy to work with, really down to earth and not full of himself at all.
It could be Lupus.... It is NEVER Lupus!!

Dave Beasley is off-line
23 January 2014 14:15
eosfan
Photographer
eosfan
Surrey
Guildford

I was lucky enough to photograph Rik Wakeman, and he was a total gentleman, easy to work with, really down to earth and not full of himself at all.

I was on the same flight to Milan as Rick Wakeman and while we were in Milan baggage reclaim hall, I went over to Rick, said hello and asked if I could take a couple of photos of him - as OP says he was a total gentleman, very happy to oblige, thoroughly nice person.

I've also photographed Chris Evans several times, he has always been very happy to pose for photographs.

David Kirk is off-line
23 January 2014 14:24
DKirk
Photographer

Glasgow
Glasgow

Only from the pit for the first three and no flash. . .

photo_phil is off-line
23 January 2014 14:36
photo_phil
Photographer
photo_phil
Lincolnshire
Coningsby

Six Royals, Kathleen Jenkins and Top Gears' Captain Slow.

All were ok, except Prince Andrew who was difficult. Prince Micheal of Kent was really funny and Captain Slow signed one of the photos I'd taken earlier in the day.

Bill Haley is off-lineSilver Member
23 January 2014 15:21
pompeytog
Photographer
pompeytog
Hampshire
Portsmouth

Henry Cooper, Gordon Banks, Nigel Mansell, Tom O'Connor, Nobby Stiles, Sir Norman Wisdom. Spent a few hours with each all for charity events and every one a gent with some great stories.
How hard can it be?

Will is off-line
23 January 2014 15:34
Photoimager
Photographer
Photoimager
Staffordshire
Stoke-on-Trent

I spent some days on set with a certain Kate Winslet. It was a BBC series and her first real dipping the toes in the water of fame. Some snaps of Sir Elton John whilst at Watford football matches. Some 'lesser' famous people as well.

'Commissioned by' is another matter. Premier League footballer and his girlfriend - NDA.
Where there's a Will, there's a way.

WoodPhoto is off-line
23 January 2014 16:10
Adrian
Photographer
Adrian
Derbyshire
Derby

I did a lingerie advertising shoot with Kelly Brook 3 days after she'd been told she had got the job on the Big Breakfast, she was still as high as a kite but it led to a great shoot.
I used to do it in the dark, now I just flash!

Laurence Power is off-line
23 January 2014 16:42
LaurenceJPower
Photographer
LaurenceJPower
Surrey
Esher

Elle Macpherson at polo, nice person, posed for me and others then stopped the car as she was leaving for more shots.
Laurence J. Power

Peter Hague is off-line
23 January 2014 16:45
PeterH
Photographer
PeterH
South Yorkshire

My experience is the bigger the star, the easier they are to work with. The real movie stars don't do that much press, but when they do, they know they're there to work, they know 'the game' and how to play it to everyones advantage. Then you get someone who's been in Hollyoaks a couple of months ant there a real pain to work with.

Obviously thats a generalisation, but its been mostly true in my experience.
"I am the one who knocks" - Walter White

w4pictures is off-line
23 January 2014 17:42
w4pictures
Photographer
w4pictures
London
Chiswick

Yes, plenty. And I agree that Rick Wakeman was not only nice to work with but a great raconteur with a huge sense of humour.

8 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
ch_mon eclipsephoto ellessephotography jeromoek modelimaging Photojames43 Pictureimage rscott360