casting call towns

Hugh Spence is off-line
23 January 2014 06:25
StNeots
Photographer
StNeots
Bedfordshire
Potton

I just created a casting and saw the drop down list of towns in Cambridgeshire.
I find the list of towns in Cambridgeshire peculiar - Buckden, with a population of 3,000 is listed, as is Huntingdon with 19.380, but St Neots with 30,000 does not appear on the list (figures from Wickipedia).
Wickipedia lists 13 major settlements in the county. but St Neots, St Ives and Wisbech are all missing from the PS list of around 60 towns. I can't even find Little Paxton's figures for population on Wickipedia but it appears on the drop down list.

Maybe putting major towns in the listing would be a good idea? As Wickipedia lists major settlements in the county (and I presume other counties as well) it may be more usefull in compiling the lists than whatever criteria has been used for the current lists.

Tim is a moderatorPlatinum Member
23 January 2014 09:09
Tim
Model
Tim
East Sussex
Brighton

Hi StNeots,

Thanks for the feedback, we are aware of the slightly 'odd' town results which are showing, you are right that St Neots should be showing as a major place compared to Huntingdon and that is how the system should work but we have traced this issue down to some wrong information within the data we use for locations. We are working on resolving this.

Thanks,
Tim.
many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view

Hugh Spence is off-line
02 September 2014 13:34
StNeots
Photographer
StNeots
Bedfordshire
Potton

Seven months later and St Neots appears in Bedfordshire's drop down box but not in Cambridgeshire. About 20% of St Neots is in Bedfordshire, but most is in Cambs.

04 September 2014 14:19
Jackass
Photographer

Blimey you're hard to please
If it walks like a duck, and talks like a duck, it could be my ex wife.

21 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
danixhale fashion29 onyx_gem
ad360photo fannmore FlyingShot GerryS2 GH46 Ladiesman MIB moorlane oz_4 pafriend pc9 Peter_d_photography peterh philippahh scott24 siclews steveiowguy stevew1