Reminder Secure

Havn't logged in to this site in a while now i see why it seems it has died a death ?

This thread is being watched by 2 people
ICONIC :P is off-line
24 January 2014 10:20
Iconic
Photographer
Iconic
Lincolnshire
Grimsby

Quote from Socialdisaster
I think it's fair to say that nearly any model of any level of decent doesn't tend to go near forums (on any sites). Not all, of course, but I'd say that 9/10 models who are regular forumites are towards the low end of the scale. Just my view, of course. I've only ever had a face to face chat with one model who has a forum presence and she is one of the 1/10 - a mature attitude and a good model.

i dont know back when it was busy i saw alot of popular names posting even on this thrad chrissie red has posted and she is definatly not on the low end of the scale?
pissing purestorm off since 2009

24 January 2014 10:26
PaulManuell
Photographer

Quote from Chrissie_Red
I'm sure they will have, especially after your forum post highlighting the non reply

Damn, was my ploy that obvious? haha

Neil Anderson is off-line
24 January 2014 10:31
stolenfaces
Photographer
stolenfaces
London
West London

It is true that most models steer clear of forums because
a) they are more interested in actually modelling, and getting on with their lives
b) do not want to upset photographers (and potential clients) by making intelligent posts
c) do not want to be subject to vilification by making posts

In addition to Iconic's example, there have always been a number of models who have the confidence and determination to contribute to the forums, many who seem perfectly fine models. Social Disaster's comments denigrating models who do post is hardly going to encourage models to contribute.
Like any dealer he was watching for the card that is so high and wild he'll never need to deal another...

24 January 2014 10:53
Socialdisaster
Photographer

Quote from Iconic
i dont know back when it was busy i saw alot of popular names posting even on this thrad chrissie red has posted and she is definatly not on the low end of the scale?

I didn't say she was, I gave a figure. If you extrapolate that figure to fit a sites membership, you arrive at literally 100's of models who are both great and can post with intelligence. But you also arrive at 1000's who can bumble on in acting like the 2nd coming, Socialdisaster is a naughty person everyone off then vanish after a month.

Modesty is just arrogance in stealth mode

Anthonygh is off-line
24 January 2014 10:54
anthonyh
Photographer

Kent

I know several successful models on this site (and others) and they have a life so less time to sit around all day posting on forums.

That is not to say they don't monitor the sites for work, post casting calls, answer emails and so on....they just tend to do it from their iPhones when they have a few spare minutes.

People on here should look on the bright side....they don't have to rely on Net-Model for their internet fix...that would be dire!!

24 January 2014 10:55
Socialdisaster
Photographer

Quote from stolenfaces
Social Disaster's comments denigrating models who do post is hardly going to encourage models to contribute.

Learn to read and show some intelligence, just for once in your posting life. I haven't once denigrated models as a whole and if you simply look at forums you'll see exactly what I mean but if there's one thing I do remember about PS forums - it's you and your posts.
Modesty is just arrogance in stealth mode

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
24 January 2014 11:35
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Quote from anthonyh
People on here should look on the bright side....they don't have to rely on Net-Model for their internet fix...that would be dire!!

Thankfully the few members who brought NM into disrepute its subsequent downfall have buggered off to PP and now largely ignore this site.
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

Chrissie Red is off-line
24 January 2014 12:29
Chrissie_Red
Model
Chrissie_Red
Tayside
Perthshire

Quote from Iconic

thanks Iconic <3

You know I always liked you! 

Pentti Pohjonen is off-lineSilver Member
24 January 2014 12:45
PHP_Photography
Photographer
PHP_Photography
Finland
VAASA

Quote from Iconic
NSFW - NOT SAFE FOR WORK

Nah, NSFW is Not Safe For Wife

" Hibby " is off-line
24 January 2014 13:40
BrazenDivas
Photographer
BrazenDivas
Highland
Inverness

Quote from PaulManuell

There was nothing wrong with the tone of either of my emails to them, they were both polite. Perhaps it matters more who the emails are from, rather than their tone or content.

Absolutely no problem with the tone of my emails either - but a fairly typical response from Mr J

"A technically perfect photograph can be the worlds most boring picture" Andreas Feininger

5 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
alishaa
flashharry Phiesta1 Steveh32 Thunder_Photos