Reminder Secure

Havn't logged in to this site in a while now i see why it seems it has died a death ?

This thread is being watched by 2 people
24 January 2014 05:39
johnlp
Photographer

"I'd say that 9/10 models who are regular forumites are towards the low end of the scale." What!

Welcome to PS. Where, if, as a model, you express your views, you will be classified, by certain people, as "towards the low end of the (his) scale".

Profile Pictures is off-line
24 January 2014 05:51
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Suffolk
Bury St Edmunds

Purpleport banned me, I won't bother to explain why here, some know already. What they'd have anyone believe is that all banned members are wrong 'uns.

My factual experiences backed by evidence from the site, messages etc, is that the site has bad moderation and and unwillingness to accept they're ever in the wrong. The personalisation was to be expected and was born out of an injured ego from this very site iirc. There's some good folk on there but it's cliquey as hell and some made dogs are allowed to run wild for whatever reason to the detriment of others.

Purestorm needs to up its game though, if its to continue to provide an alternative that's viable, because sure enough, another site will come along which has brighter lights and that'll seem to the obvious choice for those who want something new and not managed by an Orwellian nightmare.

" Hibby " is off-line
24 January 2014 06:16
BrazenDivas
Photographer
BrazenDivas
Highland
Inverness

Quote from profilepictures
Purestorm needs to up its game though, if its to continue to provide an alternative that's viable, because sure enough, another site will come along which has brighter lights and that'll seem to the obvious choice for those who want something new and not managed by an Orwellian nightmare.

A good start would be for admin to reply to emails from long standing members asking for assistance. This thread demonstrates that no site can afford to rest on its laurels.

"A technically perfect photograph can be the worlds most boring picture" Andreas Feininger

24 January 2014 06:52
PaulManuell
Photographer

Quote from BrazenDivas

A good start would be for admin to reply to emails from long standing members asking for assistance.

Wholeheartedly agree. I've sent them 2 emails in the past week, the second one reminding them that I'd sent the first one and waited the 'up to 48hrs' for a reply, but as of yet they've not bothered replying to either.

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
24 January 2014 06:59
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

I've never had a problem getting replies when messaging admin on here. Perhaps the tone of my emails seem more agreeable to them?
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

24 January 2014 07:30
PaulManuell
Photographer

Quote from RedChecker
I've never had a problem getting replies when messaging admin on here. Perhaps the tone of my emails seem more agreeable to them?

There was nothing wrong with the tone of either of my emails to them, they were both polite. Perhaps it matters more who the emails are from, rather than their tone or content.

raw and the cooked is off-line
24 January 2014 07:35
Rawandthecooked
Photographer

London

Quote from profilepictures
Purpleport banned me, I won't bother to explain why here, some know already. What they'd have anyone believe is that all banned members are wrong 'uns.

My factual experiences backed by evidence from the site, messages etc, is that the site has bad moderation and and unwillingness to accept they're ever in the wrong. The personalisation was to be expected and was born out of an injured ego from this very site iirc. There's some good folk on there but it's cliquey as hell and some made dogs are allowed to run wild for whatever reason to the detriment of others.

For once, In am in total agreement with profile pictures, i must sit down and have a drink! Also with red checker!

Chrissie Red is off-line
24 January 2014 07:53
Chrissie_Red
Model
Chrissie_Red
Tayside
Perthshire

Quote from PaulManuell
Wholeheartedly agree. I've sent them 2 emails in the past week, the second one reminding them that I'd sent the first one and waited the 'up to 48hrs' for a reply, but as of yet they've not bothered replying to either.

I have mailed them a couple of times in the past (usually model safety related) and have always had a response within a few hours. Maybe your message has been marked as non urgent so takes a while longer for somebody to respond?

24 January 2014 08:40
PaulManuell
Photographer

Quote from Chrissie_Red
I have mailed them a couple of times in the past (usually model safety related) and have always had a response within a few hours. Maybe your message has been marked as non urgent so takes a while longer for somebody to respond?

But the automated reply to sent emails says up to 48 hrs for non urgent enquiries. Maybe they should extend this over optimistic timeline to, say, a couple of weeks (assuming they'll have actually got back to me by then).

Chrissie Red is off-line
24 January 2014 08:52
Chrissie_Red
Model
Chrissie_Red
Tayside
Perthshire

Quote from PaulManuell
But the automated reply to sent emails says up to 48 hrs for non urgent enquiries. Maybe they should extend this over optimistic timeline to, say, a couple of weeks (assuming they'll have actually got back to me by then).

I'm sure they will have, especially after your forum post highlighting the non reply

31 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
alishaa chloejade25 Emmaheron KellieBBW
63jian ad360photo chandos clarmike colinpierce Creativedge eosfan Jb3329 Kjoservices KrissB kyber Ladiesman Lextalionis MauricesImagery MIB moritz78 nicholas_ainsley Oberonfoto Pat9669A pb_photography Platidonio shinywear siclews Steveh32 zzdigital
grailmodels
kerandastudio2