Reminder Secure

Havn't logged in to this site in a while now i see why it seems it has died a death ?

This thread is being watched by 2 people
 jivago Photographic is off-line
22 January 2014 21:47
jivago
Photographer
jivago
Highland
Highlands & Cheshire

Quote from Iconic
HAHA yes the good old days, heres my 2 pence

1. I couldnt really give a flying jivago is a naughty person now as its gone to the toilet

2. the way ive seen people treated by some of the newer moderators on the forums was sickening and the way the site seems to alow an army of creepy men only here to drool over naked women.....

1. Go flush yourself down the pan then.

2. Erhhhhhhhhh Nahhh!!! Pure storm is to congratulated on its ethics!  (Yes it has them - it did not start itself up within another site sad Savvy?) - Its shown its mettle, by kicking out inappropriates over the years. frown

Lame thread - Revealing an axe that you are grinding? sad Now go and take a photograph....

http://www.jivagophoto.com/

23 January 2014 03:07
PaulManuell
Photographer

Quote from Iconic
SFW - SAFE FOR WORK

NSFW - NOT SAFE FOR WORK

Thank you Iconic, that's all I needed to know. Shame some of the smarmy members on here couldn't take a leaf out of your book.

Peter Hague is off-line
23 January 2014 05:38
PeterH
Photographer
PeterH
South Yorkshire

Quote from Gerry99111
Most models are interested in paid work, within their levels and quality expectations. Anything else is pretty irrelevant and they will actively use those sites that provide this for them. Where there are models, there will be photographers so to me it is why are the models not so active that is the most important question.

As I see it, the models who want to be paid have to go where the photographers are, and as it's mainly photographers who use the forums to have a chinwag, they've gone to a place where they can do that without some anonymous moderator making sarcastic comments in red ink on their posts. That may have been addressed now (or there are now so few posts that the opportunity doesn't arise anymore) but as I said earlier, too little too late.

Basically, is fish and sharks, when the fish move to new feeding grounds, the sharks follow.

Plus there seems to be a lifecycle to these sites, they spring up, become popular for a few years, then die off. When I first started online, any model who was the slightest bit serious just had to have an OMP (One Model Place) account. How often does that get mentioned these days. Then it was net-model, now that's just tumble weed, AMZ was the next fad, never heard of since, PS, jumped the shark, PP, will crest and fall it would seem, if history is a guide. Then something else will come along and everyone will migrate there.
"I am the one who knocks" - Walter White

23 January 2014 05:55
johnlp
Photographer

"Plus there seems to be a lifecycle to these sites, they spring up, become popular for a few years, then die off."

+1

I'm on PP, PS, MM, NM and MC. I only regularly put simultaneous castings on PP and PS. The reply rate from serious models (those that have actually read the casting carefully) is about the same.

The numbers of new models in the London area is now higher on PP.

The Forums are no-more earth shattering on PP than on PS, and for free members on PP you can't start a Forum topic.

The trends that I now see are that the overall numbers replying to my castings has fallen off a cliff over the last couple of years, and the number of non-UK models with whom I've  worked with has risen to over 50%. My plans for February and March will include a number of models I've worked with two or more times. Most will be Non-UK models, very few will be Newbies.

Incidentally the reason I'm able to write this is that a non-UK model from PP has not turned up. First No-show of the year.

Anthonygh is off-line
23 January 2014 06:45
anthonyh
Photographer

Kent

Maybe what we need to be surveying is the number of older men with high disposable incomes who are active on any particular site..they are the main source of income for most models so presumably the models go where they go!

In fact that would be a useful statistic for advertising purposes (and attracting models) so I'm a bit surprised the various site owners don't research this.

ICONIC :P is off-line
23 January 2014 08:39
Iconic
Photographer
Iconic
Lincolnshire
Grimsby

Quote from anthonyh
Maybe what we need to be surveying is the number of older men with high disposable incomes who are active on any particular site..they are the main source of income for most models so presumably the models go where they go! In fact that would be a useful statistic for advertising purposes (and attracting models) so I'm a bit surprised the various site owners don't research this.

come to our website we have more old men with money ! haha
pissing purestorm off since 2009

TarMoo is off-line
23 January 2014 08:51
tarmoo
Photographer
tarmoo
Kent
Chatham

I think it is the photographers who go where the models are rather than the other way round. The primary asset for sites like this are the good models who many people want to shoot. Gaining and retaining such models should be the primary objective if sites like this.

Many good models have left Purestorm or ceased to use the site because of too many level pushing requests. Unless this issue is addressed the site will continue to decline.
Q: How to make a small fortune from photography? A: Start with a large fortune.

ICONIC :P is off-line
23 January 2014 09:01
Iconic
Photographer
Iconic
Lincolnshire
Grimsby

Quote from PaulManuell
Thank you Iconic, that's all I needed to know. Shame some of the smarmy members on here couldn't take a leaf out of your book.

pissing purestorm off since 2009

23 January 2014 09:10
johnlp
Photographer

"because of too many level pushing requests."

This is possibly true, and yet at the same time we've probably all experienced the situation where models apply to casting calls that are beyond the levels that are on their profiles. It is almost a case of, "if you don't ask, you don't get", and it applies in both directions with some models offering to do higher levels on the next shoot (as long as the money is right, of course). It is a thorny problem, and although we could recommend that models should think about putting a comment on their profiles, such as, "Any requests for work above my limits will be ignored", this might make the problem worse for those that don't. I'm sure that this problem is not confined to this site.

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
23 January 2014 10:20
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Quote from tarmoo
Many good models have left Purestorm or ceased to use the site because of too many level pushing requests. Unless this issue is addressed the site will continue to decline.

There seems to be a fair few GWCs on PP now and it wouldn't surprise me if those requests were becoming commonplace on there.

Only this morning a model I'd worked with was complaining on FB about a photographer on there that was doing exactly that.
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

30 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
KinkyKaycee Missminiskirt toxicinnocence
alanbassettphotography ansonphotography Cliff Creativedge dave1980 DAVEYC djb1 Dolayley Don_Dark Hioctane James7799 jccj1 john2017 JohnDentonPhoto keltica Kjoservices mg mike0048 Philski photomart photostevo RealityImaging Reynard ricciarelli steveh32 Steveharratt Twilightphotography