Reminder Secure

Havn't logged in to this site in a while now i see why it seems it has died a death ?

This thread is being watched by 2 people
22 January 2014 14:28
PaulManuell
Photographer

Quote from Socialdisaster

I was given to understand that it's a random selection of SFW photos from paid accounts? I remember asking, way back, as I got an image on the front page the day after I paid. And that certainly wasn't anything to do with quality!

Have to admit, PP forums, I'm up to here with it. If only because it's full of models who need to discuss their mental health. F*** me, you don't do that in an office, why would you do it on PP?

The only people I block there are what I call "the baggage brigade". And you have to leave ALL the share a shoot / port review groups for fear of drowning in sugar.

Ah well. Fact is, anyone who can, and has any sense, should at least have a presence on all major sites. That's just good sense.

PS. Wondered where you'd got to

And what are SFW photos? I wish you people using abbreviations would put in brackets what the letters stand for instead of just assuming everyone knows.

Bob is off-linePlatinum Member
22 January 2014 14:35
Bob
Photographer
Bob
Devon
Honiton

Quote from PaulManuell
And what are SFW photos?

Doh! They're the opposite of NSFW.
Hell, even I know that one.
Bob

22 January 2014 14:53
Socialdisaster
Photographer

Quote from PaulManuell

And what are SFW photos? I wish you people using abbreviations would put in brackets what the letters stand for instead of just assuming everyone knows.

Most people do, so I don't. The rest can google it.

Modesty is just arrogance in stealth mode

22 January 2014 15:10
PaulManuell
Photographer

Quote from Socialdisaster

Most people do, so I don't. The rest can google it.

The fact most people do doesn't help those who don't. 'Google it' seems to be the standard smartarse reply from those who are so superior that explaining things is beneath them.

Bob is off-linePlatinum Member
22 January 2014 15:24
Bob
Photographer
Bob
Devon
Honiton

Quote from PaulManuell
'Google it' seems to be the standard smartarse reply from those who are so superior that explaining things is beneath them.

... or maybe "Google it" is just logical advice to give those who can't be bothered looking up quite simple things for themselves - like this, for example.
Bob

Ian MACFADYEN is off-lineSilver Member
22 January 2014 15:55
Kiboko
Photographer
Kiboko
Surrey
GUILDFORD

Nobody seems to have considered that it's currently winter? I completely cease photographing models throughout the winter as I prefer location shoots to studios, and I'm a big softie. I'm sure there are many others who go into hibernation throughout the winter. Come the spring I'll be looking for models. All the models I've put aside in my favourite folders will have left, ceased to log in, stopped doing TF or put their rates up. You can count on it, so around April/May it's generally start afresh time!

Oliver Cook is off-line
22 January 2014 15:56
artistoli
Photographer
artistoli
Malta

I have to admit though, this is the only site of its kind that I find friendly and easy to use. Seems a good community here on the whole, and that goes for models and photographers (and MUAs of course).

22 January 2014 16:24
Requiem
Photographer

Quote from artistoli
I have to admit though, this is the only site of its kind that I find friendly and easy to use. Seems a good community here on the whole, and that goes for models and photographers (and MUAs of course).

22 January 2014 16:59
PaulManuell
Photographer

Quote from Bob
... or maybe "Google it" is just logical advice to give those who can't be bothered looking up quite simple things for themselves - like this, for example.

Bob

No, 'Google it' IS a smartarse answer from someone with a superior attitude. What would've been wrong with a simple, 'SFW stands for.....' reply instead? What's lazy about asking a question on here and hoping to get the answer rather than googling it? I never realised we had to work for answers to questions that vastly more intelligent members know the answers to. I just assumed they'd be more than happy to share their knowledge. Obviously that's less fun for them than telling someone to Google it or making the person asking the question appear even thicker than he/she already is by adding a 'Doh' and a hand slapping the head face in their reply.

jivago Photographic is off-line
22 January 2014 17:23
jivago
Photographer
jivago
Highland
Highlands & Cheshire

Quote from Rawandthecooked
Fpi  I know how it works! Cream rises to the top![/q

...Zilch nada niet to do with who you are 'followingsad

http://www.jivagophoto.com/

31 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
alishaa danixhale Dolphin Lushlolly Pinklilly tanyacox
abouncer azurphotos barrysmiles Blancho david1500 diphoto Essexjohn fannmore FlyingShot GlasgowPhotographer Hioctane ism1967 James7799 just_lez Kjoservices KrissB Ladiesman liteangle orca_photography philippahh Skystudio sniffer tonyk1
Bawdenj
harbourstudio