Reminder Secure

Havn't logged in to this site in a while now i see why it seems it has died a death ?

This thread is being watched by 2 people
Neil Anderson is off-line
22 January 2014 10:55
stolenfaces
Photographer
stolenfaces
London
West London

Quote from artistoli
It has got a lot quieter here, but I would guess it is just over-saturation of these types of sites.

Quality over quantity.
Even if models are attracted by the bright lights and unctuous comments on other sites, the quality models who last the course will get here eventually. Apart from the 'photographers' who enjoy moaning about girls who let them down, generously allowing other sites to sort out the chaff is hardly so awful.

Like any dealer he was watching for the card that is so high and wild he'll never need to deal another...

raw and the cooked is off-line
22 January 2014 11:46
Rawandthecooked
Photographer

London

In my opinion purple port is effective at becoming addictive due to FPI,share a shoot, recent uploads, and other such features that keep the membership active. However, success has gone to the managements head recently, and some truly bizarre moderations and bannings have left a few people scratching their heads and looking for a new home. My recipe for a successful site is simple! Purpleport features, without the current management! And call it something else, naturally!

22 January 2014 12:33
PaulManuell
Photographer

Quote from stolenfaces
Apart from the 'photographers' who enjoy moaning about girls who let them down

Nobody actually enjoys moaning about being let down, they'd much rather not be let down. But why shouldn't photographers (or models) come on here and moan about it? Are we all just to accept being let down is part and parcel of photography and modelling? And why have you put photographers in ' ' marks? Are they not 'real' photographers in your eyes if they actually have the temerity to moan on here about being let down?

22 January 2014 12:36
PaulManuell
Photographer

What's this FPI that people on here are on about?

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
22 January 2014 12:47
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Quote from PaulManuell
What's this FPI that people on here are on about?

It's a thing on Purpleport, maybe you should ask over there as it is often a source of confusion as to what it is and how to get one and needs discussing regularly.
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

22 January 2014 13:08
Rawandthecooked
Photographer

London

Fpi stands for front page image. They are magically bestowed on those images deemed worthy by a secret panel of members, including photographers and models, of varying backgrounds and abilities. They are a source of controversy as some feel they are elitist and are chosen by a secret elitist clique of people voting for their buddies.

As an ex member of both the site, and the secret FPI panel, I can confirm that most accusations levelled by the few vocal nay sayers are largely unfounded, and it is quite democratic and not a 'fix'. I know how it works! Cream rises to the top!

22 January 2014 13:10
PaulManuell
Photographer

Quote from RedChecker
It's a thing on Purpleport, maybe you should ask over there as it is often a source of confusion as to what it is and how to get one and needs discussing regularly.

No, can't be arsed to join PP just to ask a question. I just thought that seeing as it's been mentioned so many times in this thread, someone might've explained what it is, even if just to say what the letters FPI stand for.

22 January 2014 13:15
PaulManuell
Photographer

Quote from Rawandthecooked
Fpi stands for front page image. They are magically bestowed on those images deemed worthy by a secret panel of members, including photographers and models, of varying backgrounds and abilities. They are a source of controversy as some feel they are elitist and are chosen by a secret elitist clique of people voting for their buddies.

As an ex member of both the site, and the secret FPI panel, I can confirm that most accusations levelled by the few vocal nay sayers are largely unfounded, and it is quite democratic and not a 'fix'. I know how it works! Cream rises to the top!

Ah, thank you, Rawandthecooked. So basically it's the same as the images on this site's main page. If only Red Checker could've just given a simple explanatory answer like this to my simple question. Oh well.

22 January 2014 13:19
Rawandthecooked
Photographer

London

On this site I believe the pictures are only chosen from paid members, and this is not true of purple port. Quite who choses here and what the criteria are, I have no idea!

22 January 2014 13:51
Socialdisaster
Photographer

Quote from Rawandthecooked
On this site I believe the pictures are only chosen from paid members, and this is not true of purple port. Quite who choses here and what the criteria are, I have no idea!

I was given to understand that it's a random selection of SFW photos from paid accounts? I remember asking, way back, as I got an image on the front page the day after I paid. And that certainly wasn't anything to do with quality!

Have to admit, PP forums, I'm up to here with it. If only because it's full of models who need to discuss their mental health. F*** me, you don't do that in an office, why would you do it on PP?

The only people I block there are what I call "the baggage brigade". And you have to leave ALL the share a shoot / port review groups for fear of drowning in sugar.

Ah well. Fact is, anyone who can, and has any sense, should at least have a presence on all major sites. That's just good sense.

PS. Wondered where you'd got to
Modesty is just arrogance in stealth mode

33 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
alishaa fashion29 Lushlolly maria_dyl sarahjane1 Shhimblond Silkythighslou Superhawk8 toxicinnocence
Andyphotography Cole96 dirkus dorrian gazzer59 hylander iestyn jonnar42 kaosrox keltica lysander mghphoto mrdl Ncp pafriend read Richard99 rod_m99 rscott360 stephenmuddell steveh32 swalsh58 visions11 woody