Reminder Secure

Havn't logged in to this site in a while now i see why it seems it has died a death ?

This thread is being watched by 2 people
Anthonygh is off-line
22 January 2014 07:09
anthonyh
Photographer

Kent

Personally I think Purpleport looks the better site for new models because the quality of its FPIs is very good so for a model that would imply the site has better photographers.

That is not just my opinion on how models think...two models I know personally have said the same.

Whether we are right or not doesn't matter if that is a general perception...and perception is important in a world that is (theoretically) focused on image creation!!

That aside...net-Model seems to hang on in there and it obviously has no interest in its image!!

RGBphoto is off-lineSilver Member
22 January 2014 07:18
magpie1
Photographer

Tyne and Wear
Newcastle

Quote from stolenfaces

[It has always been the way that models come and go. Whether or not models are interested in Iconic's offer doesn't really mean much. Any established and serious model is going to maintain profiles on more than one modelling site so those that have actually closed their profile here have probably really retired.]

Agree, the majority of models on most sites are usually on free or minimum memberships, many of whom clearly believe they can make 'a few bob' they are often unrealistic about what's involved and, sadly also vulnerable to approaches from GWC's, to be kind. When reality sets in many go inactive or off radar.
PP as a ' new kid on the block' initially succeeds on sign ups but again mostly free profiles and, certainly in my experience, the majority are inactive, ' last logged in 6 months ago" etc. and model friends of mine, who talk among themselves, report much of PP shoots are TF,

Much of the quietness is economy related, despite bullish rhetoric things are tight as hell, for most people I know, including me.

scubie is off-lineSilver Member
22 January 2014 08:30
scubie
Photographer
scubie
West Sussex
worthing

I still think there are a few hidden gems on this site, but if like me you stay in the shadows and are not one one of the chosen few, it's hard to find them.
Some are not that keen on working, I had long discussion with model lately, this was for a paid shoot, after discussing all details and arrangements to both our agreement, She said "Oh your too far away" this despite paid travel--- she was less than 1/2hr away.
Perhaps my work is that crappy

jivago Photographic is off-line
22 January 2014 09:23
jivago
Photographer
jivago
Highland
Highlands & Cheshire

Quote from anthonyh
Personally I think Purpleport looks the better site for new models because the quality of its FPIs is very good 

Unable to concur with you there I am afraid - Over profusion of the use of certain 'trendy filters' and of photoshop. I was in Urban Outfitters recently and there was a book called 'Photo-Crafty' or something? -  Reminded me of many of the FPI's on there - 'Art and Craft fair at a Local Art College'?. Unsure about the judging also?

Too much self congratulatory hubris and 'Face-Book noise' on that site for me at this stage.

http://www.jivagophoto.com/

Profile Pictures is off-line
22 January 2014 09:33
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Suffolk
Bury St Edmunds

Moderators here appear moderate to me, and less sinister than elsewhere in at least one instance.

As for failures to reply. Its a fact of forum life.
Your ports looking cool BTW.

Rupert Rudd is off-line
22 January 2014 09:42
RupertRudd
Photographer
RupertRudd
East Yorkshire
Hull

I reckon it's all Iconics fault. He used to be here regularly, asking innocent questions, then getting kicked all over the playground. But still stuck his head over the parapet to be shot at again. I admired him for perseverance etc.
Then he backed off a bit and Purestorm started to shrivel a bit. So Iconic lets be hearing more from you.
Amd Laylarc too.
And the model who said "go chew on a fish", before slamming the door behind her.

And lets have no more talk of the corrupting FPIs next door.

Still prefer Purestorm even tho' the gobby ones have emigrated.
A little help is worth a lot of sympathy.

TarMoo is off-line
22 January 2014 09:50
tarmoo
Photographer
tarmoo
Kent
Chatham

There seem to be thousands of UK users logging into various sites every day, so I don't think the economy is a problem. I keep finding lots of models I would like to shoot, but not many are on here, or they are more active elsewhere.

I want to attend some group shoots this year such as Studland or the Focal Edge Fashion Shoots, which are not held at studios. Unfortunately these can't be advertised on here. If this site is to prosper, it needs to give people what they want.
Q: How to make a small fortune from photography? A: Start with a large fortune.

Chrissie Red is off-line
22 January 2014 10:15
Chrissie_Red
Model
Chrissie_Red
Tayside
Perthshire

I'm hoping that PS gets back to what it once was (in terms of membership and active forum participation), Having visited the other side it didn't take me long to realise that actually the grass isn't always greener on the other side and to put it bluntly - PS has Chrissie_Red is a naughty person ed me off in the past but never to the point where I thought "screw this I'm out of here entirely - shove even your free membership up your a$$". I paid elsewhere for a year and didn't mind leaving 6 months before my subs were due for renewal and that is saying something!

I will eventually upgrade on PS again when there are other options of payment - not a fan of world pay, it may be secure but only because even those who use it can't log in which is of no use to me at all (not sure if thats changed).

I'm not actively seeking work at the moment anyway, but I do pop in everyday to see whats been happening.

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
22 January 2014 10:18
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Quote from Chrissie_Red
PS has RedChecker is a naughty person ed me off in the past but never to the point where I thought "screw this I'm out of here entirely - shove even your free membership up your a$$". I paid elsewhere for a year and didn't mind leaving 6 months before my subs were due for renewal and that is saying something!

When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

Oliver Cook is off-line
22 January 2014 10:40
artistoli
Photographer
artistoli
Malta

It has got a lot quieter here, but I would guess it is just over-saturation of these types of sites.

4 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Jessicaliu1993
clarmike jonnywoo
Charlottealom