Reminder Secure

Havn't logged in to this site in a while now i see why it seems it has died a death ?

This thread is being watched by 2 people
Neil Anderson is off-line
01 February 2014 08:36
stolenfaces
Photographer
stolenfaces
London
West London

Quote from magpie1
Just an observation, at 16th page might appear" reports of death greatly exaggerated", with acknowledgement to Mark Twain.

Fair point
Like any dealer he was watching for the card that is so high and wild he'll never need to deal another...

Oliver Cook is off-line
02 February 2014 08:40
artistoli
Photographer
artistoli
Malta

Urghh.. so much for me trying out the 'other site starting with P'. Booked a well-published model for a well-paid shoot (producing images for a patron of mine), organised all in good time too. Then I get a message an hour before the shoot start time saying she couldn't make it because "she had too much to drink the night before." Wow. I'm staggered to be honest. Never had a model display such a brazenly unprofessional work ethic on Purestorm. Really, I despair.

02 February 2014 09:29
johnlp
Photographer

She was probably still drunk, so didn't care about what she said.

Oliver Cook is off-line
02 February 2014 10:05
artistoli
Photographer
artistoli
Malta

Quote from johnlp
She was probably still drunk, so didn't care about what she said.

Lol, very likely. Seriously though, we have so many threads from models complaining about lack of paid work, and then when you do put it out there this happens. Could easily turn me into a Victor Meldrew. 

Oliver Cook is off-line
02 February 2014 11:38
artistoli
Photographer
artistoli
Malta

Wow, so then I leave this girl negative feedback and she starts arguing with me and getting people to email me. Seems some just don't get the way its supposed to work. Have to say this is +1 for Purestorm. Never had problems like this here. I'm kind of thinking that maybe the other 'P' site is so busy and 'vibrant' because it has lots more people but most aren't really serious. Is that anyone else's experience? I mean I may just have been unlucky on the other site and lucky on here, but the vast majority of experiences with models from Purestorm have been stress free, then the first one from the other site turns into a ridiculous farce.

Gerry is off-line
02 February 2014 11:49
Gerry99111
Photographer
Gerry99111
Surrey
Guildford

I don't think you can blame the site for the conduct of the people - that is for you to organise. The sites are a means for people to link up. I am extremely wary of anyone without a "full service history" no matter what the site as then you are into taking a punt where the odds are not that favourable.

My experience has been pretty good on all the sites I am on but models I used to work with regularly here have migrated there and have either closed or don't use their account here.
If you have to ask why I do it, you will never understand the reason why

Pentti Pohjonen is off-lineSilver Member
02 February 2014 12:24
PHP_Photography
Photographer
PHP_Photography
Finland
VAASA

Quote from artistoli
Wow, so then I leave this girl negative feedback and she starts arguing with me and getting people to email me. Seems some just don't get the way its supposed to work.

Well, she is kinda new so she might not know how things work

Neil Anderson is off-line
02 February 2014 12:49
stolenfaces
Photographer
stolenfaces
London
West London

Quote from PHP_Photography
Well, she is kinda new so she might not know how things work

'Booked a well-published model for a well-paid shoot' - doesn't sound new.

I agree that you can't really draw any conclusions about a site from one model letting you down; although I can see how, at a personal level, your disappointment with the outcome may spill over from the model to the 'new' site.
And other people mailing you etc. sounds rather tacky.
Like any dealer he was watching for the card that is so high and wild he'll never need to deal another...

Gerry is off-line
02 February 2014 12:51
Gerry99111
Photographer
Gerry99111
Surrey
Guildford

Quote from artistoli
Urghh.. so much for me trying out the 'other site starting with P'. Booked a well-published model for a well-paid shoot (producing images for a patron of mine), organised all in good time too. Then I get a message an hour before the shoot start time saying she couldn't make it because "she had too much to drink the night before." Wow. I'm staggered to be honest. Never had a model display such a brazenly unprofessional work ethic on Purestorm. Really, I despair.

"Proud to have been published in Loaded Magazine within my first handfull of shots"

4 months experience.

Does this really imply a well published model?

If it was a well paid shoot, maybe it should have gone to a properly experienced model - and these models are often complaining that photographers book unreliable models instead of them and then complain about it

Also, by naming and shaming her [it is very easy to track down who the model is from your activity feed] on a rival site, you do run the risk that the site removes the reference and reprimands you as you are putting extra detail to the not recommended reference
If you have to ask why I do it, you will never understand the reason why

TarMoo is off-line
02 February 2014 13:20
tarmoo
Photographer
tarmoo
Kent
Chatham

Quote from Gerry99111
I don't think you can blame the site for the conduct of the people - that is for you to organise. The sites are a means for people to link up. I am extremely wary of anyone without a "full service history" no matter what the site as then you are into taking a punt where the odds are not that favourable. My experience has been pretty good on all the sites I am on but models I used to work with regularly here have migrated there and have either closed or don't use their account here.

The model is also on Purestorm. Published in Loaded, so there is quality for you.

Q: How to make a small fortune from photography? A: Start with a large fortune.

27 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
AmberBray fashion29 Miguel Winterlilly
bengie clarmike dorrian GerryS2 gshocker30 keltica Kjoservices Ladiesman MauricesImagery MIB mlp philippahh Photo_phil poah Rhadamanthus ricciarelli Richard99 RupertRudd smooth_image steveh32 Stuh Willy_O xsa73