Reminder Secure

Havn't logged in to this site in a while now i see why it seems it has died a death ?

This thread is being watched by 2 people
 jivago Photographic is off-line
31 January 2014 20:23
jivago
Photographer
jivago
Highland
Highlands & Cheshire

Quote from tarmoo
I don't know where you are getting the impression that PS is the only site where models get booked. You have four models references for 2013 on your PS portfolio. If you check out the number of references these models have gathered in the last year on PS and PP the results are as follows:

Jade_Isabella: (platinum member), PS 18, PP 99
Sami_C : (gold member), PS 18, PP 18
Lulu Lockhart: (gold member), PS 26, PP 130
Annica_Janee: (free member), PS 20, PP 5

Draw your own conclusions from the above stats.

oh mahooooooosive YAWN! So references correlate with shoots? Get Real! As photographers and models get to know each other, there is less and less need for that stuff - Pure Storm is a more mature established site. If you like the look and feel of the playground outside of the local art school - Take up your filters and travel - And don'ft forget to "foillow' the site owner sad
http://www.jivagophoto.com/

31 January 2014 20:33
jivago
Photographer
jivago
Highland
Highlands & Cheshire

Quote from tarmoo
 I usually book between 40 and 50 models each year for paid shoots.

"Try photography, dear boy...it's much easier." - With apologies to Sir Ralph Richardson

TarMoo is off-line
31 January 2014 20:49
tarmoo
Photographer
tarmoo
Kent
Chatham

Quote from jivago
"Try photography, dear boy...it's much easier." - With apologies to Sir Ralph Richardson

With only eight references in five years (last being way back in 2012), you don't seem to be doing much model photography yourself. If you only upload a mahooooosive one photo a year, you are not making much use of your Platinum membership either.
Q: How to make a small fortune from photography? A: Start with a large fortune.

31 January 2014 21:51
jivago
Photographer
jivago
Highland
Highlands & Cheshire

Quote from tarmoo
With only eight references in five years (last being way back in 2012), you don't seem to be doing much model photography yourself. If you only upload a mahooooosive one photo a year, you are not making much use of your Platinum membership either.

How do you know? - But your point is? (Dear boy)

Chrissie Red is off-line
01 February 2014 02:35
Chrissie_Red
Model
Chrissie_Red
Tayside
Perthshire

Quote from tarmoo

Thing is though if Jivago really wanted he could just go to a massive waste of time groupshoot and amass 10 references (if he really wanted to).

Take my portfolio for example, I only got a handful of references on this site last year - do you think I only had a handful of shoots? Far from it, I have found that the longer i have been modelling the less I need to "whore" myself out with casting after casting - or badger people to book me. Most of the people I work with is either repeat bookings or its people who have been directed to me from somebody else (many of which don't join forums like this). Then again I don't work 7 days a week and I rarely leave Scotland now and when i do its generally repeat bookings.

I have quite a few references in Net- model - none within the past 2/3/4 years (Its been so long since I actually took any notice of them). I know some people like to collect references as said above its fairly easy for a model - I worked at a groupshoot once, and if every photographer who attended left me a reference I could have gained 27 references  in the space of a day.. if I did that 4 days in a row I could easily have about as many references as I do now. I think only 2 or 3 left me references from that shoot but I'm sure quite a lot of references are "gathered" in that way. Personally If I was a photographer I would rather see a reference left for a model from somebody who has worked with her right from the planning stages - the turning up and the shoot itself. 

Oh and just for "statistical purposes" I think I had about 30 refs on PP before I left, and not one of those references left were shoots which were organisd on PP. I think I did book a shoot through PP and the guy cancelled on me a few days before the shoot, last year I actually got more work on madcow models after uploading a few pictures than I did after posting a casting on PP. Might be different for Scotland but it wasn't any financial loss to me when I left. 

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
01 February 2014 03:11
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

I think what Tarmoo's trying to say (albeit very badly) is that if more of us booked models through here then there'd be more of an incentive for models to use this site.
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

RGBphoto is off-lineSilver Member
01 February 2014 05:21
magpie1
Photographer

Tyne and Wear
Newcastle

Quote from jivago

think it's more apologies to Lawrence Olivier .

Neil Anderson is off-line
01 February 2014 06:19
stolenfaces
Photographer
stolenfaces
London
West London

Quote from tarmoo
I don't know where you are getting the impression that PS is the only site where models get booked. You have four models references for 2013 on your PS portfolio. If you check out the number of references these models have gathered in the last year on PS and PP the results are as follows:
Jade_Isabella: (platinum member), PS 18, PP 99
Sami_C : (gold member), PS 18, PP 18
Lulu Lockhart: (gold member), PS 26, PP 130
Annica_Janee: (free member), PS 20, PP 5
Draw your own conclusions from the above stats.

Your posts seem to get less and less related to what I or anyone else said.
Your obsession with poster's profiles and references is at best tedious and is beginning to look deranged.

I neither 'collect' references nor feel the need to brag about how many models I shoot with.
Chrissie seems to have made several valuable points, which I won't repeat.

I'm surprised that you have time to post here with you being so busy shooting models and posting on pp.
Like any dealer he was watching for the card that is so high and wild he'll never need to deal another...

David Hibberd is off-line
01 February 2014 08:06
davidhibberd
Photographer
davidhibberd
Highland

Quote from stolenfaces
Your posts seem to get less and less related to what I or anyone else said. Your obsession with poster's profiles and references is at best tedious and is beginning to look deranged. I neither 'collect' references nor feel the need to brag about how many models I shoot with. Chrissie seems to have made several valuable points, which I won't repeat. I'm surprised that you have time to post here with you being so busy shooting models and posting on pp.

Totally agree
Here for a short time for a good time

RGBphoto is off-lineSilver Member
01 February 2014 08:11
magpie1
Photographer

Tyne and Wear
Newcastle

Just an observation, at 16th page might appear" reports of death greatly exaggerated", with acknowledgement to Mark Twain.

16 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Echo_soul_silver
alsos azurphotos Dphphotography FirstLifePhotography jackw johndt Kentrichuk photofrank RenedeHaan sammylhel shadowtime74 shavardawkins skinz spiritofwales woody