Reminder Secure

Havn't logged in to this site in a while now i see why it seems it has died a death ?

This thread is being watched by 2 people
30 January 2014 13:26
johnlp
Photographer

Quote from Katielouxox
All I hear from togs is that models mess them around, no show, reply a few times then stop, just generally mess them around. I can't understand why models would turn down work?! They must be bloody crazy! I have never no showed & am always keen to arrange as many shoots as possible. There are genuine, hard working models out there, it's just finding them. Don't give up Katie

Hi Katie, I'm one of the big moaners in this matter, although I try very hard to resist.  The vast majority of models aren't time wasters, but it can be very difficult to spot those that are, and then it can put a huge dampener on my enthusiasm if I unfortunately get a string of them.  I the last 9 months I've been fortunate to work with a whole range of talented models, with only a couple of cancellations, one no-show and three who's interest just evaporated.  I genuinely believe that there is room for a number of sites like PS, but the trick is retaining the models with a proven track record.

Malc is off-lineSilver Member
30 January 2014 15:51
cziiki
Photographer
cziiki
London
London

Purestorm: [Site removed in accordance with 6.1.4 of the Terms of Use]

jivago Photographic is off-line
30 January 2014 16:34
jivago
Photographer
jivago
Highland
Highlands & Cheshire

Quote from stolenfaces
 My view of purestorm strengths is that it doesn't have tiny cropped thumbnails,. For all it's issues I think the references system here works reasonably well. The forums here may be quieter but most of the 'lovely hun' comments which ex-members used to post are no loss. Personally I don't want to connect stuff here with facebook or twitter. If i did want to, I would do it from facebook........... useful if people were to list what they like about purestorm so that no-one takes away it's strengths in an effort to modernise. (Personally I hate the USA ness of MM and the retro look of PP)

Superb!

What's good about PureStorm?  

1. It kicks off the nefarious
2. It does not use cropped thumbnails - If it ever does a lot will leave!!!!
3. Its not a kiddies playground like another site
4. Its about connecting photographers and models - Not social media cheeky
5. It does not have 'clique-medals' rewarded for how many retro filters are used. 
6. It has a good reference system

It could learn some from sites like Zenfolio.

http://www.jivagophoto.com/

Anthonygh is off-line
31 January 2014 13:15
anthonyh
Photographer

Kent

Just to throw something else into the discussion.......surprise

LINK REMOVED 

Neil Anderson is off-line
31 January 2014 13:31
stolenfaces
Photographer
stolenfaces
London
West London

Quote from anthonyh
Just to throw something else into the discussion.......

LINK REMOVED 

Sum total of the thread (ignoring the 'lovely hun' 'thanks hun' posts) is that some people there seem to like the trashy thumbnails and some have problems loading Purestorm !!! I know there have been occasional problems of that nature, but can't say I have ever noticed a general issue.

And then there's Tamoo who seems less interested whether people actually book anyone on PP, only on their huge number of non-paying and probably non-modeling, non-photographing members.
Like any dealer he was watching for the card that is so high and wild he'll never need to deal another...

31 January 2014 14:17
JohnB
Photographer

Its nothing to do with thumbnails, its to do with the fact there is no-one left. They have either been banned or hasled off here. Get rid of those who prey on new models &welcome those who work to higher levels.
The world will keep spinning whether PS is on it or not

John
Three nights ago I was at the disco Man I was doing the bump I was raring to go!!! Nikon & loving it!

31 January 2014 15:30
PaulManuell
Photographer

Thought I'd have a look at Purpleport to see what all the fuss is about. Now I'll be the first to admit I'm not very internet savvy, not even owning a computer, just a basic mobile with internet, but even trying to do a search on there flummoxed me. After what seemed like an eternity ticking all the boxes (and there're loads of them) and waiting for each individual one to load each time, I couldn't then find a 'Go' or 'Search' option to click on to show the models fitting the criteria I'd painstakingly filled out. All I could see was a picture of what looked like a cog, but hovering over it never gave me the option to click on it, so I just gave up. Whatever faults Purestorm has, at least it's easy for thickos like me to navigate.

Jonathan is off-line
31 January 2014 16:03
SandyCamel
Photographer
SandyCamel
Nottinghamshire

Quote from JohnB
. The world will keep spinning whether PS is on it or not John

Say what ? 

It is true that we are all  'here today, gone tomorrow, next please'  -  Pure-storm, lesser web-sites, me,  you,  everything  .....

Just a bit of context there me thinks.   

Relax, take it easy and float down-stream with the Sandy Camel

Silverlight is off-linePlatinum Member
31 January 2014 16:40
silverlight
Photographer
silverlight
Dorset
Bournemouth

I Joined Purestorm along time ago - I was looking for models to photograph because I wanted to become a photographer, I joined because I had that passion for the medium.
I only went onto the forums because a model I worked with directed me to a thread talking about my pictures. Since then i have fallen in and out of love with forums.

To be honest, I have seen threads that have made me want to never shoot again.
I have seen threads that have made me laugh so much i have almost died.
& I have seen threads with wonderful images that have been really inspirational.

Now I am a full time Photographer, I shoot fashion, product, weddings and portfolios & portraits my work is diverse but it is always 99%people.
However today I shot some products for a magazine in the morning and some editorial images for a DJ in the afternoon.

Tomorrow I am having meetings with 2 couples for me to shoot there wedding. on Thursday I will be shooting for a hairdressing chain.

I have won Photographer of the year, been published by the sunday times "full page" and have had "proper exhibitions of my work".
People travel many miles to have training with me - I have trained fleet street photographers who have shot celebrities I can only dream of working with.

Why am I blabbing on about this ? Well it all started right here on Purestorm. And I am very grateful this site existed and still does.

TarMoo is off-line
31 January 2014 18:53
tarmoo
Photographer
tarmoo
Kent
Chatham

Quote from stolenfaces
Sum total of the thread (ignoring the 'lovely hun' 'thanks hun' posts) is that some people there seem to like the trashy thumbnails and some have problems loading Purestorm !!! I know there have been occasional problems of that nature, but can't say I have ever noticed a general issue.

And then there's Tamoo who seems less interested whether people actually book anyone on PP, only on their huge number of non-paying and probably non-modeling, non-photographing members.

I don't know where you are getting the impression that PS is the only site where models get booked. You have four models references for 2013 on your PS portfolio. If you check out the number of references these models have gathered in the last year on PS and PP the results are as follows:

Jade_Isabella: (platinum member), PS 18, PP 99
Sami_C : (gold member), PS 18, PP 18
Lulu Lockhart: (gold member), PS 26, PP 130
Annica_Janee: (free member), PS 20, PP 5

Draw your own conclusions from the above stats.

Q: How to make a small fortune from photography? A: Start with a large fortune.

27 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Angeleyes777 Anniebabe Debbieann latara_18 Pinklilly
alexandru66 ansonphotography chrisfrancis18 fannmore imageinc James7799 JohnDentonPhoto kai_kul Kjoservices KrissB lancephoto MIB mustang12 philStorm plymjack rembrandt Reynard rscott360 shadowtime74 steveh32 Willjamieson
harbourstudio