Reminder Secure

Havn't logged in to this site in a while now i see why it seems it has died a death ?

This thread is being watched by 2 people
" Hibby " is off-line
28 January 2014 18:54
BrazenDivas
Photographer
BrazenDivas
Highland
Inverness

Quote from jivago
and no silly competitions or technology that creates thumbnails by cutting off a chunk of the image.

How I agree with that - a really stupid move

"A technically perfect photograph can be the worlds most boring picture" Andreas Feininger

Artemis Fauna is off-lineSilver Member
29 January 2014 17:19
ArtemisFauna
Model
ArtemisFauna
Bedfordshire
Great Barford

Quote from jivago
 silly competitions 

What's wrong with competitions? MM do it and there are no prizes.

Maybe it's the ex student in me but I like the idea of getting freebies!

“Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.”

jivago Photographic is off-line
29 January 2014 18:04
jivago
Photographer
jivago
Highland
Highlands & Cheshire

Quote from ArtemisFauna
What's wrong with competitions? MM do it and there are no prizes.

Maybe it's the ex student in me but I like the idea of getting freebies!

Why? - Well it was one the main sources of arguments on UK Photomodels, when that site ran. OMP saw the same angst. Never sure that it is ever impartial, nor not prone to nepotism? Unlike RPS and like assessments, there is no statement of the criteria, nor of the background of the judges. Best left to organisations that have rigour? Can make a site look silly, when the judges best pal wins, with a poor shot 'daubed' in the lastest fashionable filters?

Little bit of fun - Fair enough, but it has also caused customers to move on.

What is wrong with a quiet site, that shows great modeling and photographs and facilitates hiring models ? - A 'Diogenes club' with no 'Facebook' - Bliss!

frown

http://www.jivagophoto.com/

Artemis Fauna is off-lineSilver Member
29 January 2014 19:22
ArtemisFauna
Model
ArtemisFauna
Bedfordshire
Great Barford

Quote from jivago
Why? - Well it was one the main sources of arguments on UK Photomodels, when that site ran. OMP saw the same angst. Never sure that it is ever impartial, nor not prone to nepotism? Unlike RPS and like assessments, there is no statement of the criteria, nor of the background of the judges. Best left to organisations that have rigour? Can make a site look silly, when the judges best pal wins, with a poor shot 'daubed' in the lastest fashionable filters?

Little bit of fun - Fair enough, but it has also caused customers to move on.

What is wrong with a quiet site, that shows great modeling and photographs and facilitates hiring models ? - A 'Diogenes club' with no 'Facebook' - Bliss!

frown

Sounds like you are taking these small online competitions far too seriously. They are afterall just a bit of fun, and a way to get people involved in the site.

You have your quiet site with no facebook integration right here but you forget, in these 'modern' times FB, twitter (no idea how to use twitter personally) are very important in modern buisness' etc. You so readily knock it but I bet you don't use them, or atleast to their full advantage.

You sound just suited here from the posts you create so that's wonderful. I for one like to join in with as many sites as I can and make the most of different features on them all

Back to the OP- it is quiet here, compared to the days when I was first active here anyway (2+years ago) Will be interesting to see if there are any changes and if it gets busier again.

“Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.”

jivago Photographic is off-line
29 January 2014 19:53
jivago
Photographer
jivago
Highland
Highlands & Cheshire

Quote from ArtemisFauna

You have your quiet site with no facebook integration right here but you forget, in these 'modern' times FB, twitter (no idea how to use twitter personally) are very important in modern buisness' etc.

Nahhh! They are great for wasting time. Business is about great product. End of.  Noise can hide a weak product - And often does. Buyer beware of 'playground noise' I do sense that the FB age is now beginning the down curve? - So many leaving, so many realising they got fat sitting on their arse nosing at 'Soap opera' (Get a real-life).

Re the thread - I have heard some revamp is forthcoming frown - Pleeeasssssssse Not Poxy Port imitated - More 'Easy-Shoot' please frown

http://www.jivagophoto.com/

raw and the cooked is off-line
30 January 2014 03:00
Rawandthecooked
Photographer

London

This place is pretty dry! The FPI has generated much useful publicity for pp, but then admin complain about FPI threads (today is the traditional day for it!) I wonder what unsuspecting newb realises how much they are likely to get on admins Rawandthecooked is a naughty person list for participating in such a thread? And whatever you do, don't knock it even in a jocular fashion! Some members of that panel take themselves very seriously!

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
30 January 2014 03:09
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

You can't even crack a harmless, albeit slightly sarky joke on the other site. Do that and you'll likely get one of those miserable emails suggesting that your tone isn't welcome on there, unless you're one of the in-crowd of course.
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

30 January 2014 03:23
Rawandthecooked
Photographer

London

Oh yeah, the non existent cool club can rip people a new one, and resort to profanity, but dare to suggest out of date polaroid and scratched analogue aren't all that cool and you can end up as popular as a bacon sandwich at a Bar-mitzvah! Or getting a private pm from Russ telling you what a marvellous person Charlotte is, hmmm.

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
30 January 2014 03:26
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Not to mention random deletion of your posts/threads on there if one of the cool-club disapproves.
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

30 January 2014 03:39
Rawandthecooked
Photographer

London

They had a bit of a clear out of troublemakers about 3 months ago, and it is now a trouble free zone where everything is dandy and everyone loves each other!, and all sycophancy towards admin (let's call it due deference) is duly noted and appreciated. Not so much sugar water lapping the shores here at Purestorm, methinks!

39 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Alexis92 chosin Jessica_Knight Michelledefeo1 salomesin
bigearspix dave@studio99 digitizer eosfan gazzer59 gordon Gregory_Mason Ianmcculloch j3ff jamstephto jonnywoo kingnorman13nk kinofist lester2705 LGI Look_Sharp markeos50d martinchristie Mattcairns MIB Mike103 moritz78 nvidia ossies phphotoimages picusio RCBB rscott360 stephenmuddell Steveh32 supaglam TinDolls Willjamieson xposed