Reminder Secure

Havn't logged in to this site in a while now i see why it seems it has died a death ?

This thread is being watched by 2 people
Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
26 January 2014 05:40
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Quote from SandyCamel

In my opinion, a quiet forum does not impinge upon booking models or mean the site is 'inactive' or 'unpopular'. 

While it is true that making bookings/direct contact does not rely on the forums, they are a good indicator of a site's activity, even if it's lots of newbies asking mundane questions, it simply shows it is being used. The fact there's posts that are four days old on the front page would indicate that the level of activity (when I commented yesterday) on here has massively declined.
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

26 January 2014 05:50
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

One thing that I've heard people mention a lot of over the years on this site is the way some people are kicked off for seemingly no reason (as if whatever's happened was personal). While this happens on all sites to a degree, Purestorm is the one that's got a reputation for it. Perhaps there was more to some of these bans than meets the eye but the perception remains (I remember someone getting kicked off for calling a particularly vile, albeit popular member a twat). Similarly some people seem to have had instant bans for advertising things they shouldn't, again perhaps they were repeat offenders or something else but I'd like to think they were given a couple of chances before being cut loose.
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

TarMoo is off-line
26 January 2014 06:06
tarmoo
Photographer
tarmoo
Kent
Chatham

Lots of glamour models on Purestorm and glamour is a very popular genre, especially with keen amateur photographers with a budget to shoot nude models. When I joined Purestorm five years ago I started to shoot some busty glamour models, then soon got bored with that and started to shoot the best art nude models. Over the years I have booked about 150+ models! mostly art nude and glamour, but more recently some fashion. Purestorm is still quite good for art nude, but the selection of quality art nude modes is now better on other sites.

My ideal model now would be a stunning fashion/art nude model (can excel at both). Such models don't seem to be active much on Purestorm. If they create a profile on here, they stop using it shortly afterwards. These models do look extremely glamorous, but prefer the classy/editorial glamour look rather than the cheesy/tacky Page3 look beloved on here. Something is putting such models off this site. It maybe the lack of quality of photos on the front page, but more likely the flood of dodgy offers they received when they joined.

Like many photographers, I am on a lot of the sites. I will use whichever site has the models I want to shoot, but I think Purestorm is not attracting and and retaining the type of models I want to shoot in the future.
Q: How to make a small fortune from photography? A: Start with a large fortune.

Malc is off-lineSilver Member
26 January 2014 06:57
cziiki
Photographer
cziiki
London
London

Quote from Socialdisaster
"in Newcastle on a Friday night, a pub will be full one minute with drunken screaming girls and guys in miniskirts"

I never knew Newcastle was that open minded!

O_O

OK could have been better phrased maybe

Tim is a moderatorPlatinum Member
26 January 2014 09:36
Tim
Model
Tim
East Sussex
Brighton

Quote from RedChecker
One thing that I've heard people mention a lot of over the years on this site is the way some people are kicked off for seemingly no reason (as if whatever's happened was personal). While this happens on all sites to a degree, Purestorm is the one that's got a reputation for it. Perhaps there was more to some of these bans than meets the eye but the perception remains (I remember someone getting kicked off for calling a particularly vile, albeit popular member a twat). Similarly some people seem to have had instant bans for advertising things they shouldn't, again perhaps they were repeat offenders or something else but I'd like to think they were given a couple of chances before being cut loose.

Thanks for everyone's input on the thread so far, an interesting read but on this point I would like to just reiterate what has been said many times before that nobody just gets kicked off without a reason and when the situation arises we don't take that decision lightly and it is a last resort. Each situation is different and we are unable to discuss that. We want the community, the forums to be a positive, creative, constructive place to be and the team works extremely hard for that.
many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view

RGBphoto is off-lineSilver Member
26 January 2014 09:57
magpie1
Photographer

Tyne and Wear
Newcastle

1siteTM has terminated membership for People Posting comments made on their own PERSONAL Facebook pages.

26 January 2014 13:43
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Quote from magpie1
1siteTM has terminated membership for People Posting comments made on their own PERSONAL Facebook pages.

Pathetic isn't it?

They brought that in as an emergency rule following an explosion of bad press on FB after an incident on there and subsequently booted half a dozen well known people off the site pretty damn sharpish.

Chrissie Red is off-line
26 January 2014 14:37
Chrissie_Red
Model
Chrissie_Red
Tayside
Perthshire

Quote from RedChecker
Pathetic isn't it? They brought that in as an emergency rule following an explosion of bad press on FB after an incident on there and subsequently booted half a dozen well known people off the site pretty damn sharpish.

The bootings off was the reason I left (along with many others) - however as predicted the "stats" several days later suggested that for every 1 person who left 50,000 joined . Kind of a bit of a drop in the ocen but I do respect the other people who put their friendships/morals before making some pocket money.

Oliver Cook is off-line
27 January 2014 10:09
artistoli
Photographer
artistoli
Malta

Oh my! I just set up a new profile over on the dark side and I see what people mean! Much more active and lively community with heaps more traffic. I'd hate to migrate completely away from PS as I've been here a while, but I really hope that the team behind PS have some kind of plan up their sleeves for a re-launch to save it.

jivago Photographic is off-line
28 January 2014 17:00
jivago
Photographer
jivago
Highland
Highlands & Cheshire

Quote from artistoli
Oh my! I just set up a new profile over on the dark side and I see what people mean! Much more active and lively community with heaps more traffic. I'd hate to migrate completely away from PS as I've been here a while, but I really hope that the team behind PS have some kind of plan up their sleeves for a re-launch to save it.

..I am informed that there is a plan - But that it will take some time. - I hope its not 'Facebook for models and photogrpahers' and no silly competitions or technology that creates thumbnails by cutting off a chunk of the image.

http://www.jivagophoto.com/

21 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
andrewf Aonephotos cps dhuntuk Eyeful_Photography FlashHarry100 grahamsphotography gunnergraham jpdo keltica Kentrichuk Ladiesman Mike103 nemesis Platidonio powerbook92 rscott360 Snooper911 Steveh32 Thunder_Photos Willjamieson