Reminder Secure

Havn't logged in to this site in a while now i see why it seems it has died a death ?

This thread is being watched by 2 people
Jonathan is off-line
24 January 2014 13:43
SandyCamel
Photographer
SandyCamel
Nottinghamshire

Quote from BrazenDivas
Absolutely no problem with the tone of my emails either - but a fairly typical response from Mr J

Please forgive my ignorance, but who is 'Mr J'  - sorry to be so stupid  - thank you 

Relax, take it easy and float down-stream with the Sandy Camel

" Hibby " is off-line
24 January 2014 14:06
BrazenDivas
Photographer
BrazenDivas
Highland
Inverness

Quote from SandyCamel
Please forgive my ignorance, but who is 'Mr J'  - sorry to be so stupid  - thank you 

No problem - it's Red Checker

"A technically perfect photograph can be the worlds most boring picture" Andreas Feininger

Jonathan is off-line
24 January 2014 14:30
SandyCamel
Photographer
SandyCamel
Nottinghamshire

Quote from BrazenDivas
No problem - it's Red Checker

Ah, thank you !  Really appreciated.

Relax, take it easy and float down-stream with the Sandy Camel

ICONIC :P is off-line
24 January 2014 16:36
Iconic
Photographer
Iconic
Lincolnshire
Grimsby

Quote from PHP_Photography
Nah, NSFW is Not Safe For Wife

i wish i could "LIKE" this hahaha cheeky
pissing purestorm off since 2009

ICONIC :P is off-line
24 January 2014 16:36
Iconic
Photographer
Iconic
Lincolnshire
Grimsby

Quote from Chrissie_Red
thanks Iconic <3

You know I always liked you! 

angel

pissing purestorm off since 2009

24 January 2014 18:19
johnlp
Photographer

Oh, stop it you two, you're choking me up.

TarMoo is off-line
25 January 2014 08:42
tarmoo
Photographer
tarmoo
Kent
Chatham

The lack of models interested in shooting for free is something being reported on all the sites, not just here. This may be partly due to the economy and partly due to the huge surplus of photographers looking for TF shoots and the increased willingness of good photographers to pay for models (+ give then some edits) in order to secure shoots.

Responses to castings on here and MM seemed to have dropped significantly over the last few years. This seems to indicate fewer models actively using the site or less models using PS as their primary site. A quick scan of the number of recent references for some Platinum model members on here seems to indicate a lot of these models are getting more references on other sites than here (and by inference more bookings on other sites). The number of premium model members has dropped on here by around 30% over the last couple of years. This could be related to the lack of new models who have good experiences on here and decide to upgrade.

It does appear that models who join here do seem to have a lot of bad experiences compared to other sites. One recent example which illustrates this : http://themaskedmodel.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/more-on-modelling-sites.html
There does appear to be a number of "photographers" who are systematically undermining this site by contacting new models with "dodgy" offers. These people need to be rooted out and removed if this site is to have future success.
Q: How to make a small fortune from photography? A: Start with a large fortune.

Neil Anderson is off-line
25 January 2014 09:50
stolenfaces
Photographer
stolenfaces
London
West London

Quote from tarmoo
The lack of models interested in shooting for free is something being reported on all the sites, not just here. This may be partly due to the economy and partly due to the huge surplus of photographers looking for TF shoots and the increased willingness of good photographers to pay for models (+ give then some edits) in order to secure shoots.

Responses to castings on here and MM seemed to have dropped significantly over the last few years. This seems to indicate fewer models actively using the site or less models using PS as their primary site. A quick scan of the number of recent references for some Platinum model members on here seems to indicate a lot of these models are getting more references on other sites than here (and by inference more bookings on other sites). The number of premium model members has dropped on here by around 30% over the last couple of years. This could be related to the lack of new models who have good experiences on here and decide to upgrade.

It does appear that models who join here do seem to have a lot of bad experiences compared to other sites. One recent example which illustrates this : http://themaskedmodel.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/more-on-modelling-sites.html

There does appear to be a number of "photographers" who are systematically undermining this site by contacting new models with "dodgy" offers. These people need to be rooted out and removed if this site is to have future success.

As the masked model actually says, dodgy offers may be irritating, but they are easily dismissed. It's the dodgy people who appear bone fide in on-site communication but start level-pushing or worse on the day of the shoot that are the real problem. This site does at least as much as anyone to weed those people out, probably more, so ironically for all the spam a model may get on this site, she is at least as safe here, if not more so,
Like any dealer he was watching for the card that is so high and wild he'll never need to deal another...

Anthonygh is off-line
25 January 2014 10:00
anthonyh
Photographer

Kent

I still maintain the largest source of paid work on model sites such as this is older men with high(ish) disposable incomes.....all the economic news indicates there has been a continuous squeeze on disposable income lasting five years now, so it would follow that the amount of money men have to spend on photographing models has also declined. Not for all, but even if just 10% can no longer afford it that is still a lot less paid work for models.

As those same people probably belong to several sites it probably becomes a question of where those that still have money to spend are actually spending it. Some here have argued that the money follows the models and the models have departed....I still think models follow the money and site owners should be aware of that and develop their sites accordingly.

As things stand I suspect most people on here belong to several sites and treat the lot as a single resource....in which case, why would it matter for most people how well any particular site does relative to the others?...other than those people that primarily view the site as social site and are unhappy with their user experience in that context.

Chrissie Red is off-line
25 January 2014 10:25
Chrissie_Red
Model
Chrissie_Red
Tayside
Perthshire

Quote from anthonyh
 Not for all, but even if just 10% can no longer afford it that is still a lot less paid work for models. As those same people probably belong to several sites it probably becomes a question of where those that still have money to spend are actually spending it. Some here have argued that the money follows the models and the models have departed...

I'm not sure if its less photographers - I actually think its more models, compared to when I started out  - especially those who tour (or maybe I just didn't notice many of them back then). I remember about 3 models who regurlarly toured Scotland (and by regular I mean  2-3 times a year) now there is a model here every other week. So maybe there are more models who are trying to make a living out of it than there was before?

5 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
pinklilly
chandos FirstLifePhotography redtail steveh32