Reminder Secure

Havn't logged in to this site in a while now i see why it seems it has died a death ?

This thread is being watched by 2 people
ICONIC :P is off-line
21 January 2014 19:28
Iconic
Photographer
Iconic
Lincolnshire
Grimsby

last time i logged in i sent about 5 or 6 mails regarding shoot's to local models not 1 single reply - not only that but other models i have been talking to or have on my to work with list have in the last month or so dissapeared of this site so whats going down? is the moderation that tight that its squeezing its membership away ?
pissing purestorm off since 2009

Gerry is off-line
21 January 2014 19:42
Gerry99111
Photographer
Gerry99111
Surrey
Guildford

The moderation recently on the forums has been helpful and very restrained. I am not aware of issues outside the forum but then I don't try and break the rules.

Have you other contact details for the models to find out why?
Are these serious models you were messaging
Do you know whether the models were unhappy with approaches they get from chancers and decided to leave [that is the one I hear about the most]
If you have to ask why I do it, you will never understand the reason why

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
22 January 2014 02:41
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

It's basically a case of everyone being under the belief that Purpleport is the only place to be for many models and many are simply ignoring or shutting down their accounts here.

If they don't want to come here then it's their loss as there are many of us still here looking to book them.
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

Jenelle_James is off-line
22 January 2014 03:43
Jenelle_James
Model
Jenelle_James
Lancashire
BURNLEY

Ive noticed its died. Despite castings im getting very little interest and this used to be where I got all my shoots

22 January 2014 03:52
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

There's also the economy to consider on both sides of the lens. Amateur photographers will be feeling the pinch and will be cutting back with their hobby and models as such will suffer and perhaps look for a more stable form of employment.
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

Peter Hague is off-line
22 January 2014 04:54
PeterH
Photographer
PeterH
South Yorkshire

Quote from Gerry99111
The moderation recently on the forums has been helpful and very restrained.

Too little too late though, it would seem.

"I am the one who knocks" - Walter White

Neil Anderson is off-line
22 January 2014 05:28
stolenfaces
Photographer
stolenfaces
London
West London

Quote from PeterH

I'm not clear how forum moderation directly or indirectly links to models coming and going on the site.

It has always been the way that models come and go. Whether or not models are interested in Iconic's offer doesn't really mean much. Any established and serious model is going to maintain profiles on more than one modelling site so those that have actually closed their profile here have probably really retired.
Like any dealer he was watching for the card that is so high and wild he'll never need to deal another...

22 January 2014 05:46
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Quote from PeterH

And moderation on the other site is SOOOOO neutral and restrained

Harvey Gordon is off-line
22 January 2014 05:48
ziggypot
Photographer
ziggypot
London

Quote from RedChecker
There's also the economy to consider on both sides of the lens. Amateur photographers will be feeling the pinch and will be cutting back with their hobby and models as such will suffer and perhaps look for a more stable form of employment.

Totally agree. I think you will find that the £200 benchmark day rate will get seriously eroded over this year.

22 January 2014 05:50
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Interestingly though I've seen a lot of models putting prices up in recent months. I don't know whether this is chancing it out of sheer desparation or perhaps a key few are surprisingly busy and can afford to up them.

Either way, I certainly haven't got the money to throw on shoots like I used to.

32 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Charlotte90 chosin danixhale jensomerfield scarlettfoxett
adamjt7 andygstudios basil Blancho clarmike Creativedge digitizer gazzer59 iestyn James7799 jpdo keltica lensman100 magpie1 mg mrdl Platidonio Puremoods redbaron Rhadamanthus Rhphoto Rscott360 Snooper911 stevegosh TinDolls wacTony Willjamieson