Reminder Secure

Negative Feedback

21 January 2014 08:45
Socialdisaster
Photographer

Quote from PhotoOportunity
I have a question, I had arranged a shoot with a model, loads of communication, ideas etc, I prepped the studio and come the day and time she was a no show, she had both office and mobile contact numbers for me, I emailed to see if she'd forgotten or changed her mind or if anything was wrong and got no reply so I mailed again stating I was a little concerned and disappointed, she hasn't read that one yet. My question is that given that it was only a TFP shoot do I post negative feedback?

Regards

TF or paid, leave negative feedback.

Modesty is just arrogance in stealth mode

Chrissie Red is off-line
21 January 2014 09:17
Chrissie_Red
Model
Chrissie_Red
Tayside
Perthshire

Quote from AlletunYL
Hi No I made no sh@tty comment or problem. I explained very calmly in the past I was attacked and robbed by a model and chaperone working together. The model let the chaperone in waiting outside and I ended up in A&E. They just worked together to rob me in the situation. It was not a model on this site though, I have been very cautious since. Also I had models threaten me if I don't do a certain TFP session as paid they'll send people to my house to rob me which I reported to moderators not on this site and the police. I know the model is still modelling though on certain sites under different names. Sometimes this is a dangerous game but most of the time 99% of the time we all get on great and produce great work.

I think its a little OTT though - trying to ban somebody from sitting outside in the car, to be frank its none of your business if somebody has a friend outside waiting and the gender of that friend has nothing to do with you either. They are not getting in the way of the shoot  or left unguarded to steal your property (which is what normal anti-chaperones complain about).

Fair play - you had a bad experience, nobody should have to put up with that. I've had bad experiences but if paint everybody with a Chrissie_Red is a naughty person ty stick and accuse/presume they will all be the same I wouldn't still be modelling (and neither would many other models). You don't know what the model has went through before working with you, perhaps on her last shoot she might have been sexually abused and has her partner wait outside should she need to get away from a dangerous situation quickly - shouldn't she be allowed that non invasive safety net? 

Like I said- I've had my partner take me to shoots and wait in the car nearby, its never been because I fear for my safety. Just because its convenient (not to mention saves a bucket load on travel costs which the photographer saves). Nobody has ever said "tell your partner to leave my street" - I have to be honest if they did try to dictate where my partner parks I would probably just leave alongwith my partner. Infact its usually 5 minutes before the end of the shoot I will say my partner is waiting and they say "oh you should have brought him in".

Photoman is off-line
21 January 2014 09:28
PhotoOportunity
Photographer

Greater Manchester
Salford

Thanks for all the opinions, the model in question has actually been in touch with a valid reason for her no show and we have rescheduled for later this week so hopefully we'll have a good shoot, as long as she turns up this time of course. As for all the chaperone stuff, I wouldn't mind it if someone brought someone along with them and I certainly wouldn't care if they waited outside.

Thanks Guys and Girls

Chrissie Red is off-line
21 January 2014 09:34
Chrissie_Red
Model
Chrissie_Red
Tayside
Perthshire

Thanks for all the opinions, the model in question has actually been in touch with a valid reason for her no show and we have rescheduled for later this week so hopefully we'll have a good shoot, as long as she turns up this time of course. As for all the chaperone stuff, I wouldn't mind it if someone brought someone along with them and I certainly wouldn't care if they waited outside. Thanks Guys and Girls

Yey thats great news! glad to hear its all been worked out!

hope you have a good shoot

ps- sorry for taking your post off topic 

Mr D is off-line
21 January 2014 10:18
Darkstudent
Photographer
Darkstudent
Lancashire
Manchester

Thanks for all the opinions, the model in question has actually been in touch with a valid reason for her no show and we have rescheduled for later this week so hopefully we'll have a good shoot, as long as she turns up this time of course. As for all the chaperone stuff, I wouldn't mind it if someone brought someone along with them and I certainly wouldn't care if they waited outside. Thanks Guys and Girls

how come you didnt wait a few days before starting this thread to see if the model did get in touch ?

AlletunYL is off-line
21 January 2014 12:44
AlletunYL
Photographer

London

Quote from Socialdisaster
Too creepy.

To be honest I don't trust or like men around my life, it's a personal thing. Nothing creepy

Jesfish is off-line
21 January 2014 13:45
jes
Model
jes
Suffolk
Lowestoft

I agree with Chrissie.  I've had bad experiences but don't expect everyone to be the same.

To the OP; I think you're being very fair in giving the model a second chance.  There is no excuse these days not to contact someone to say you can't make it...even if you send a text or get a friend to call.  I've been doing this for 20 years, before the days of internet modelling, and I have never no-showed.  In my experience, if someone no shows once, they will more than likely do it again.  Glad you've got it sorted though and are happy with your arrangement.

Photoman is off-line
22 January 2014 13:05
PhotoOportunity
Photographer

Greater Manchester
Salford

Quote from Darkstudent
how come you didnt wait a few days before starting this thread to see if the model did get in touch ?

The original shoot was meant to be Thursday 20th I waited the whole weekend to give her a fair chance, I was concerned something bad may have happened in her life so I waited. I thought it appropriate to seek advice when I did.

ICONIC :P is off-line
23 January 2014 08:43
Iconic
Photographer
Iconic
Lincolnshire
Grimsby

leave her bad feedback move on
pissing purestorm off since 2009

16 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Amazonian_chub infinitelizzy Ruth2391
andrewmoon carshaltonkev claypaws Einstein frankpht Johno1 nateDMP nickdandalos noggy1930 Photojoe670 picturemike tonypage Tris