Reminder Secure

Negative Feedback

Photoman is off-line
20 January 2014 07:27
PhotoOportunity
Photographer

Greater Manchester
Salford

I have a question, I had arranged a shoot with a model, loads of communication, ideas etc, I prepped the studio and come the day and time she was a no show, she had both office and mobile contact numbers for me, I emailed to see if she'd forgotten or changed her mind or if anything was wrong and got no reply so I mailed again stating I was a little concerned and disappointed, she hasn't read that one yet. My question is that given that it was only a TFP shoot do I post negative feedback?

Regards

Mr D is off-line
20 January 2014 07:31
Darkstudent
Photographer
Darkstudent
Lancashire
Manchester

Its still an unexplained no show which was confirmed to go a head so yes leave relevant feedback

Paul Riddell is off-line
20 January 2014 11:30
riddell
Photographer
riddell
Hertfordshire
berkhamsted

Whichever way you look at it its still bad, wrong.

In general it either costs time or money or both to setup a shoot.
And if it is a situation which doesn't then it still means you have had your time wasted at best. Worse if you've been turning down other work because you have this shoot booked.
www.photographybyriddell.co.uk

AlletunYL is off-line
20 January 2014 12:23
AlletunYL
Photographer

London

I booked a shoot with a model then they turned up with a male chaperone not confirmed in precomms that wanted to CHECK OUT THE PLACE AND ALSO TO WAIT OUTSIDE FOR 3 HRS To which i said no as I don't know the person and they are not part of the shoot. We are here to work and have a portfolio of work to build. If it was a female chaperone I may have been slightly different, but still find it discerning with chaperones to be honest. The model then left negative feedback on my profile that was totally inaccurate to where the studio is and to be honest if she had said she was bringing a chaperone I would have refused the shoot on safety grounds. Apparently the model had years of experience so should surely have the confidence to go to a shoot independently, knowing we are just Artists/togs doing a job, there was no reason to leave negative feedback on my profile for the situation

Chrissie Red is off-line
20 January 2014 12:44
Chrissie_Red
Model
Chrissie_Red
Tayside
Perthshire

When was the shoot supposed to be?

If the person has been online and has read your messages then there really is very little excuse that they have not responded to you.
If they have not read the message but been online then presume they are dodging your messages because they have a morsel of guilt about f$%king you around but don't want to face the consequences of their actions
What I would be tempted to do if I were in your shoes is send them one final message once a week or so has passed repeating that you were left disappointed and her lack of communications since then hasn't been very professional. Tell her you are leaving her a negative feedback and hope that she takes this "experience" as a lesson for the future.

ps = AllentunYL - Is it actually possible for you to "ban" somebody from waiting outside for 3 hours? If he is waiting outside then what was your beef?
My partner has taken me along to shoots - said hello to the photographer and waited nearby for me until the shoot is finished and I have NEVER pre-informed a photographer of this - its not like my partner is standing about watching the shoot or even within eyesight/earshot of it , its usually nothing to do with safety but just so I can get a lift from him. If you made Chrissie_Red is a naughty person ty comments about it at the time then the model was probably left feeling uncomfortable about the situation. Starting off on a bad foot is never the way to make the arty magic happen. I've turned up to shoots and found extra bodies there, or extra photographers but I don't want to spoil the shoot so I keep my gob shut and get on with it as best I can. If I really felt uncomfortable I would maybe send a polite message to the booking photographer AFTER the shoot in private suggesting that in the future he/she mentions the extra bodies to models.

21 January 2014 04:50
JadedRed
Model

Quote from AlletunYL
I booked a shoot with a model then they turned up with a male chaperone not confirmed in precomms that wanted to CHECK OUT THE PLACE AND ALSO TO WAIT OUTSIDE FOR 3 HRS To which i said no as I don't know the person and they are not part of the shoot. We are here to work and have a portfolio of work to build. If it was a female chaperone I may have been slightly different, but still find it discerning with chaperones to be honest. The model then left negative feedback on my profile that was totally inaccurate to where the studio is and to be honest if she had said she was bringing a chaperone I would have refused the shoot on safety grounds. Apparently the model had years of experience so should surely have the confidence to go to a shoot independently, knowing we are just Artists/togs doing a job, there was no reason to leave negative feedback on my profile for the situation

Yeh that's not a chaperone. I find fixating on the gender of a person who wasn't even going to be there for the shoot a bit weird as well. 

AlletunYL is off-line
21 January 2014 04:55
AlletunYL
Photographer

London

Hi
No I made no sh@tty comment or problem. I explained very calmly in the past I was attacked and robbed by a model and chaperone working together. The model let the chaperone in waiting outside and I ended up in A&E. They just worked together to rob me in the situation. It was not a model on this site though, I have been very cautious since. Also I had models threaten me if I don't do a certain TFP session as paid they'll send people to my house to rob me which I reported to moderators not on this site and the police. I know the model is still modelling though on certain sites under different names. Sometimes this is a dangerous game but most of the time 99% of the time we all get on great and produce great work.

Jay R Tog is off-line
21 January 2014 05:44
Josh_Woodcock_Photography
Photographer
Josh_Woodcock_Photography
London
london/kent

we have diverted of the op somewhat but i have to say i find the notion of a model not feeling comfortable to go to a shoot individually with a professional they have decided they are happy to work with very bazaar.

an the fact that the fix is to take someone the photographer has had no contact with is shall we say #awkward

but im usually very flexible on this sort of thing and as i pretty much shoot only TF* from here any way i usually try and encourage them to bring a friend if they want another person as then i have 2 people to shoot

i do stick by a rule of no parents or partners just because so many of them have caused issues for many togs including myself in the past
Don't take care, take risks

21 January 2014 07:27
JadedRed
Model

Quote from Josh_Woodcock_Photography
we have diverted of the op somewhat but i have to say i find the notion of a model not feeling comfortable to go to a shoot individually with a professional they have decided they are happy to work with very bazaar.

Professional what? There are few professionals around here.

21 January 2014 07:44
Socialdisaster
Photographer

Quote from AlletunYL
If it was a female chaperone I may have been slightly different,

Too creepy.

Modesty is just arrogance in stealth mode

20 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
AriaRosee Exoticangel Leslegylegs Natalie120525 Winterlilly
brendan claypaws cliffc Den2018 diphoto Djanimation ellessephotography Jskazza Kiboko Ladiesman peterh Rscott360 stevegosh
harbourstudio
matt