Reminder Secure

Inkflow systems.

Mamamiya is off-line
15 January 2014 17:51
mamamiya
Photographer

East Sussex

Hello, I would be interested to learn of any members' experience with inkflow systems, and in particular Permajet. The printing learning curve goes on

Spike is off-line
16 January 2014 02:17
Spike
Photographer
Spike
Hertfordshire
St Albans

Look at Marrutt/lyson great products & support.

Tried other's & had problems.
"Photoshop is there to cut diamonds, not polish turds"

David Kirk is off-line
16 January 2014 03:37
DKirk
Photographer

Glasgow
Glasgow

No major problems with Permajet on an R2880, just need to make sure you print something regularly otherwise the heads tend to clog. Also be careful with the installation, the ink tubes can get nicked on the black plastic carrier you also install to support them. You'll get great results on their FB papers and Fotospeed Platinum Baryta.

Anthonygh is off-line
16 January 2014 04:42
anthonyh
Photographer

Kent

I think it will partly depend on your printer.

For example, I use a Canon Pro9000 mk2 with German OCP inks and I refill the OEM carts......dead easy and my ink costs are about 10% that of using OEM carts.

I also have a R2880 using OEM carts and I am currently researching an alternative and will definitely go for refillables again. I tried CIS units in the past with a R1800....they worked ok but probably no cheaper than refillables. Also, I didn't really like the printer lid being open, the tubes and bottles everywhere but had my environment been different and I anticipated long print runs a CIS would be a stronger contender.

I have looked at several inks and cart suppliers...Marrutt inks seem ok for the R2880 but still thinking about some American made inks as well. Am even thinking of buying Epson 220ml carts and decanting the ink!!

Mamamiya is off-line
16 January 2014 08:59
mamamiya
Photographer

East Sussex

Thanks Spike, DKirk and anthonyh, all useful stuff. Much appreciated.Jonathan

Razoir is off-line
16 January 2014 10:42
JeromeRazoir
Photographer
JeromeRazoir
Devon
Crediton

Fotospeed rather than Permajet.

Fotospeed are a more user friendly company. I have used Fotospeed papers, free paper profiles and Fotospeed inkflow systems for some years and never had much in the way of problems.
Who but a jazz man would say of Bridget Bardot, "Man, what key is she in?"

Mamamiya is off-line
16 January 2014 12:37
mamamiya
Photographer

East Sussex

Thanks Jerome, I will have a look at Fotospeed , Best JP

Will is off-line
16 January 2014 16:02
Photoimager
Photographer
Photoimager
Staffordshire
Stoke-on-Trent

If you are selling the prints it is sensible to only use longevity tested pigment inks. Permajet are for the printers that are covered. Lyson / Marrutt and Fotospeed - I think I recall seeing that they have been tested and certified.
Where there's a Will, there's a way.

Anthonygh is off-line
17 January 2014 05:33
anthonyh
Photographer

Kent

Lyson and Marrutt inks are the same ink....for some reason the Lyson name costs more.

Before anyone questions this, I was in contact with the company last week inquiring which was the better ink for my R2880 and received this reply.

"The only difference between the Marrutt and Lyson inksets is where they are made. The Lyson inks are manufactured in the UK, the Marrutt Inks are manufactured in the US.

Both the Marrutt and Lyson inks are as good as the genuine Epson inks in terms of colour accuracy, black & white performance and longevity."

Mamamiya is off-line
17 January 2014 07:19
mamamiya
Photographer

East Sussex

many thanks guys for the lateset posts as well. All very useful...I WILL get there..

24 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
AnnThompson Cody Lilly_69 lindacanovamodel Stephieb27
2webmedia bob22 david1500 dorrian edb Flanders Galaxypro jskazza karlsheen Mattcairns mlp nickdandalos read RoninUK stevegosh steveh32 Thunder_Photos Vltavakrtek WellandPhoto