any canon 6d experience here?

Paul is off-line
15 January 2014 14:17
paulcase
Photographer
paulcase
Lancashire

Big improvement in quality at high iso over 5d mkii

I have one for sale advertised here if interested, selling because I have swopped to fuji gear.

Graham is off-lineSilver Member
15 January 2014 14:20
smooth_image
Photographer
smooth_image
South Yorkshire
Doncaster

Incredible performance, amazing image quality, very impressed, I just wish it had the auto focus from my 7D then it would be perfect....

but overall yes really impressive, my 7d and 5d stay in my bag most times now

'You hold onto your tongue, and I will hold onto my patience...'

Nick Skinner is off-line
15 January 2014 16:47
snapper47
Photographer

West Sussex
Horsham

Bought mine with 24-105 as my bad back was struggling to cope with my 1D's. Nice camera, nothing like as quick to use as 1D, autofocus in particular is slower. Happy with mine, it fulfils the function it was bought for but will reserve final conclusion until I have used it with other lenses, as yet I have have only used it with the 24-105. Using it at higher ISO's is far superior to 1D mk3, really clean images at ridiculously high ISO's.

Steve Arnold is off-line
15 January 2014 17:51
stevarnol
Photographer
stevarnol
Lincolnshire
Scartho

Bought mine just for indoor equestrian, it works great even at 25000 ISO and as I only print up to 10x8 on the day the print quality is more than adequate

Festival Studio is off-lineSilver Member
16 January 2014 09:33
Festival_Studio
Studio

Essex
Canvey Island

Went from a 5D mk1 to the 6D. All I can say is, an excellent camera! Apart from (as said) the GPS eating up the batteries, I can not fault it at all!

Norman Buckley is off-line
16 January 2014 09:59
njb
Photographer
njb
Suffolk
Halesworth

Excellent review Colin on page 1.....thank you

16 January 2014 15:35
silverk
Photographer

Quote from extra_mayo
Well it would do if there's no lens on it

Oh god this so made me laugh!

alex crawford is onlineSilver Member
18 January 2014 15:41
alexcrawford
Photographer
alexcrawford
Essex
Chelmsford

thanks for the reports

im thinking of the change from 5d2

the 100d i just took on holiday using mainly efs lenses has impressed me
so much that im considering smaller lighter full frame too.

i was regularly shooting high iso and more impressed
with the results than i thought i would be,

hoping the 6d can cope with 6400 LOL

Matthew G is off-line
18 January 2014 21:02
MG
Photographer
MG
Warwickshire

No denying, this takes great shots but i miss my 5dii compared to this. The spec is great, it does everything it says it does but in no way shape or form is it built to anywhere near the quality of the 5 or the 1 series. It feels a bit tacky in your hands.... But as i said, iits amazing value for money!

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
19 January 2014 04:14
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Quote from MG
No denying, this takes great shots but i miss my 5dii compared to this. The spec is great, it does everything it says it does but in no way shape or form is it built to anywhere near the quality of the 5 or the 1 series. It feels a bit tacky in your hands.... But as i said, iits amazing value for money!

Compared to the 5D mk3, yes it's not as good but compared to the MK 1 and 2 5D it's easily on-par in terms of build quality.

The biggest drawback is the lack of joystick for selecting AF points and this makes it a tad awkward to work with quickly, but therein lies the key in choosing between the two cameras. The 5D for speed, the 6D if you don't need it and can work at a slower pace.
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

9 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
AliceStar modelstuff Shsksjsns
alexcrawford Auctioneer PototoMonroe rscott360 tonycsm Vinceb