Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
14 January 2014 17:04
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Yes thanks
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

Mantisphoto is off-lineSilver Member
14 January 2014 17:11
mantisphoto
Photographer
mantisphoto
Birmingham

Quote from RedChecker
Yes thanks

+1

Colin Jackson is off-line
14 January 2014 17:58
ColinJackson
Photographer
ColinJackson
Northamptonshire
Northampton

I bought two last year for wedding photography. I dont use it for video so can't really comment on it's abilities in that area.

Autofocus:
It's not a 5D3, but I think it's better then the 5D2 and most people considered that to be an awesome wedding and event camera. The autofocus points are tightly clustered in the center so focus and recompose is required, actually just ignore everything other then the center focus point. That one focus point is jaw dropping, it can see in the dark. I used it during the first dance and was getting at least 80% of the shots in focus. (very happy)

Image quality:
Good, but then all full frame cameras from either of the big two are good. What I really like as a wedding photographer is that the usable ISO range is 100-6400, above that it gets a bit ropey. This is the sort of camera you can use for dark church ceremonies where you aren't allowed to use flash. More then enough MP for anyone, can easily do A1 prints. (very happy)

Card slots:
A single SD card, it works fine for me. Would I prefer two slots, yes but it's not a deal breaker. The lack of CF is not an issue, SD cards are fine. (happy)

Construction:
Lightweight but solid. It's not a tank, I doubt it would like being dropped onto concrete but its as good as any of the prosumer bodies. They had to make the top plastic to let the WiFi and GPS work. (happy)

Wifi & GPS:
A fun gimmick, the wifi camera control sounds useful but I find the lag is pretty horrific. I have used it during the ceromony hidden near the couple to get shots without getting in the way. The GPS murders your battery and is useless for me (others may find it essential).

Colour/exposure:
Nails exposure fairly well, colours are nice and vibrant once you set up a lightroom preset. Gives nice warm skin tones by default. (very happy)

Battery life:
A single battery lasts for a full day wedding shoot, unless you leave GPS on. (very happy)

Overall:
Not bad for the price at all. Get the 5D3 if you shoot action due to the better AF and larger buffer. For weddings, events and portraits I recommend the 6D. I got the battery grip for both of mine as it was a free offer, but I don't think it would be worth buying them otherwise.

Profile Pictures is off-line
14 January 2014 18:08
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Suffolk
Bury St Edmunds

Very happy with mine. My thoughts are that a 6d and a grands worth of L glass, beat a 5d3 body only hands down.

Ian Payne is off-line
14 January 2014 18:31
extra_mayo
Photographer
extra_mayo
Kent
Gillingham

Quote from profilepictures
Very happy with mine. My thoughts are that a 6d and a grands worth of L glass, beat a 5d3 body only hands down.

Well it would do if there's no lens on it

Profile Pictures is off-line
14 January 2014 19:06
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Suffolk
Bury St Edmunds

Too subtle perhaps? The 6d is most of the 5d3 for a grand less money. I struggle a bit to see why the majority of photographers would need the 5d3, but nobody talks much about the full on pro camera the 1dx. I'll bow out of any further discussions on the matter as its boring now and going off point.

14 January 2014 19:33
Jackass
Photographer

Slight difference in price between the 1dx and 6D though?
If it walks like a duck, and talks like a duck, it could be my ex wife.

mick  is off-line
15 January 2014 01:49
mr_mick
Photographer

West Midlands
west bromwich

I'm very happy with my 6D.

Alan J is off-line
15 January 2014 14:04
cityclikr
Photographer

London
south west

I find the WiFi useful when away from my computer as it allows preview on a tablet.But a rather slow process not used in real time on a shoot.I would buy the same 6D again.

20 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
ElleLaura Littlemiss01 Winterlilly
AaronKent ansonphotography bbphotos bengie Digitalsugar eyecandiphotography JohnDentonPhoto keltica Kjoservices MazeImages mlp panda49 skymouse Spiritofwales stevegosh Thunder_Photos trixta