Need advice on setting up a model Facebook page

This thread is being watched by 1 person
Arizona Sky is off-line
14 January 2014 08:13
ArizonaSky
Model
ArizonaSky
Essex

This is probably a stupid question to ask as nearly everyone and anyone has a Facebook page these days, except me it seems! I tried to set one up as a way of promoting myself as a model which I've noticed many professional models seem to be doing now. The problem is there doesn't appear to be a category for 'model' and I've searched through the whole list of different businesses and occupations.

If there're any models on here with a model Facebook page, I'd appreciate any hints/tips on how to start one of my own.

Thanks in advance.
“Boys think girls are like books, If the cover doesn't catch their eye they won't bother to read what's inside.” - Marilyn Monroe.

Suzy Monty is off-line
16 January 2014 09:07
SuzyMonty
Model
SuzyMonty
Cornwall
Truro Cornwall -enjoy travelling! -Published Internationally

I have an ordinary FB profile, but keep it strictly for paid modelling work - not socializing.
I get plenty of modelling enquiries.

Some models have two profiles...one for socializing and their own modelling page.
You need to log onto the actual site and see how best to do this.

It is handy to join the various modelling groups on there too - to interact with other models and photographers.
There are quite a few 'Mature Model' groups, and as mature model you could easily join one of these.

However, remember FB's golden rule - NO nips or private parts on show in images that are posted up, UNLESS it's a private closed group that you are posting on.

Purestorm is still the best, I personally find and has the added benefit of 'Feedbacks' - FB doesn't - so you will need to be more vigilant on chekcing out photographers you plan to work with.

Hope that helps.

I could put a FB link up for you on modelling...but it would probably be taken down again by PS Moderator...So I'd best not...
Elizabeth Arden quote - 'I'm not interested in age. People who tell their age are silly. You're as old as you feel' OR LOOK...

Arizona Sky is off-line
17 January 2014 06:51
ArizonaSky
Model
ArizonaSky
Essex

Thanks Suzy! That's the best advice I've had so far, well the only advice (on PS anyway ha ha).

Could you please private message me the FB link, as I'd be very interested to have a look and think it would be of help to me. Thanks
“Boys think girls are like books, If the cover doesn't catch their eye they won't bother to read what's inside.” - Marilyn Monroe.

Suzy Monty is off-line
17 January 2014 08:40
SuzyMonty
Model
SuzyMonty
Cornwall
Truro Cornwall -enjoy travelling! -Published Internationally

There's a message from me... in your INBOX Arizona frown
Elizabeth Arden quote - 'I'm not interested in age. People who tell their age are silly. You're as old as you feel' OR LOOK...

Anthonygh is off-line
17 January 2014 12:41
anthonyh
Photographer

Kent

please do not add FB links    

25 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
ElleLaura NikkiLouise93
ad360photo AndiCallen chicimages coolyam djb1 duncanjames GGDP_Photography Ian_Walker laurencejpower mauricesimagery mg michaelangelo peterh Photokirk1 Roundhouse Spiritofwales stevegosh Stoker Thunder_Photos tms Tom60 Vinceb Willy_O