Reminder Secure

Lens recommendations for wedding photography?? (Canon)

Oscars Photostudio is off-line
22 January 2014 12:25
oscar
Photographer
oscar
Cheshire
Nr Warrington

Quote from LaurenceJPower
 .....................................If you are doing a formal style of wedding, a tripod makes sense, you can set up the camera, move into the group to make adjustments and surprise surprise, the camera is exactly where you left it. ..............

It's also important to have someone to look after your camera and other stuff otherwise it may not be where you left it.  A friend put his camera bag down while he and another lifted a wheelchair into the church  - turned round no camera bag.

22 January 2014 12:35
paule
Photographer

If someone gives you grief about you being in the way.. politely remind them yours are the couples photos, not yours.. the penny often drops for all but the dimmest..

agree a list of group shots with the couple, print one out for you and another for a bridesmaid/usher that has been informed by the B&G that their job on the day.. is to round up the next group on the list..

get a schedule of events from the couple.. and make sure it's the same one as she's given the venue..

have ideas for indoor photos if the weather is pants..

arrive early and check for photo opp's if you can visit before the day..

format all cards the night before, NEVER format cards on the day.. I have red & green tagged pockets on my bag: used cards are placed in the red..

backup kit.

Laurence Power is off-line
22 January 2014 16:26
LaurenceJPower
Photographer
LaurenceJPower
Surrey
Esher

Quote from paule
If someone gives you grief about you being in the way.. politely remind them yours are the couples photos, not yours.. the penny often drops for all but the dimmest..

agree a list of group shots with the couple, print one out for you and another for a bridesmaid/usher that has been informed by the B&G that their job on the day.. is to round up the next group on the list.. - Bridemaids should be busy by being in the shots, you can try using ushers, but I found them to be useless, use your voice

get a schedule of events from the couple.. and make sure it's the same one as she's given the venue. - tell the bride's mother how long you will need (45-60 minutes) and get her to set the timings with the caterers BEFORE the big day, then keep the toastmaster up to date.

have ideas for indoor photos if the weather is pants. - a must, but trees can be good shelter if rain is light

arrive early and check for photo opp's if you can visit before the day. - Think about the background, try working as wide open as you can to drop the background out of focus

format all cards the night before, NEVER format cards on the day.. I have red & green tagged pockets on my bag: used cards are placed in the red..- And if you camera can use two cards, use both slots and file the cards in different cases

Shoot into the sun (with care) and you will LaurenceJPower is a naughty person off all the amatuers and thus you won't lose orders from the families.

Laurence J. Power

Laurence Power is off-line
23 January 2014 04:36
LaurenceJPower
Photographer
LaurenceJPower
Surrey
Esher

I forgot, learn how to park badly - give yourself plenty of room to avoid getting blocked in, you will be the last to leave the church, but need to be at the reception early.

In days of old (when men were bold etc.etc.) we covered a wedding on one propack of Kodak Vericolour, that's just 60 shots with a Blad. You can shoot hundreds if you like, but I doubt they will want more than about 100 in the album if that. Most books that I have seen have about 60. Far better to have 200 good shots that are all presentable, than 500, of which 250-300 are good, and the rest just need to be deleted.
Laurence J. Power

27 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Alexis92 bonni_cuffs Chandni23 estefy86 faye Satrina Tom84
bbphotos borojohn cliffc digimarx dnlklondon eosfan Essexjohn Fstop Galaxypro Ian_Walker Kjoservices lify liteangle normant Redbaron redmedia scottmcccxiv steevrosewood thelook Tigra