Reminder Secure

Photographer seems off

Leelee is off-line
11 January 2014 16:00
Leelee89
Model

Somerset
Bridgwater

Okay so I'm new to this site and new to modelling I had someone message saying there looking for actors and models I emailed them as requested and they got back to me saying his client would like me to work with them. They asked for name and address and measurements usual stuff (cloths makeup etc will be provided) Now when asking for a website to look at so I can check them out properly I have no reply at all. :/ does this sound like a con. They have not asked for any bank details or money.

Gerry is off-line
11 January 2014 16:16
Gerry99111
Photographer
Gerry99111
Surrey
Guildford

Sounds like there is more to the story - you have been on the site for 3 days and their client has already said they want to work with you!

Sounds like you are dealing with a scout - but a scout for what is what we have no idea
If you have to ask why I do it, you will never understand the reason why

Paul thomas Ford is off-lineSilver Member
11 January 2014 16:17
paulford
Photographer
paulford
South Yorkshire
Doncaster

Don't ever give your home address to anybody you don't know, There are some very strange people that claim to be agency reps.

Gerry is off-line
11 January 2014 16:20
Gerry99111
Photographer
Gerry99111
Surrey
Guildford

Was this person on this site? Why would they need your address at this stage?

Paul thomas Ford is off-lineSilver Member
11 January 2014 16:31
paulford
Photographer
paulford
South Yorkshire
Doncaster

If you get any "can you send nude photos" or " have you got a boyfriend?" don't reply to anymore messages from him sounds a bit dodgy to me, If you cant find anything on internet about a person its odds on its not quite right.

Moi is off-line
11 January 2014 16:38
clearview_photography
Photographer
clearview_photography
County Durham
North East

Quote from Gerry99111
Sounds like there is more to the story - you have been on the site for 3 days and their client has already said they want to work with you! Sounds like you are dealing with a scout - but a scout for what is what we have no idea

Well the transfer window is open

On a more serious note, as has been said many times before if it seems too good to be true then it probably is and always trust your gut reaction
The most dangerous creation of any society is the man who has nothing to lose." - James Baldwin

Leelee is off-line
11 January 2014 16:38
Leelee89
Model

Somerset
Bridgwater

He's on this site but I can't find then anywhere else I sent some images to them as requested and basically they told me about the job which is paid. They said there will send me a cheque for the first part so we no the bookings deffinatly going ahead. Basically he said the shoot will be in a photographers studio near me that will be hired to ave me travelling and the designer will be providing the cloths and the photos will be published in a world wide magazine.

Paul Hodson is off-line
11 January 2014 16:49
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

A professional with no experience who has been here for about 3 weeks?

Still - at least he is praying for you - and so am I!

Be very careful. Remember that if you are sent a cheque and it clears at the bank it can still bounce later. Do not hand over any money to anyone else because you have received a cheque. If you have any queries - post here again.

Remember if it seems to good to be true it probably is. It is very unusual (and I am being subtle here) for this sort of job to be genuine.

Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

CGW is off-line
11 January 2014 16:50
cgwebster
Photographer
cgwebster
Hampshire
Basingstoke

The cheque will most likely bounce - even if it appears to be credited to your account at first....
If he is on this site, does he have any /many references?

Gerry is off-line
11 January 2014 16:50
Gerry99111
Photographer
Gerry99111
Surrey
Guildford

OK. First thing you must not do is publically name people!

This will probably draw moderator attention.

I hope the moderators look carefully at this profile. Without speaking further about the profile, did they message you on this site? If so, I would report the message just for the site to examine further.

Speaking hypothetically now as advice to a new model:

Why would anyone offer to pay you as a complete newbie, arrange a studio, provide clothes and publish in a world wide magazine? There are 1000's of models to chose from on here.

The only sector that likes newbies are the adult publications. I would also be wary about cheques - they can be bounced very easily and there is something worse called advance payment fraud.

29 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
bonni_cuffs ElleLaura kacie QueenDeeVa01 RoxyMendez skykantara1
ad360photo asnphotography Bane711 BOBREEVES dave2008 davejohn fineprint hylander IanHighlander Ianparker1 Jpdo jyp Kjoservices liteangle moritz78 oscar pmeswani redbaron Swyftie thelook Thestarglider tms tonyjolley