Reminder Secure

Okay, so Scotland leaves the UK and the rest of the UK leaves the EU

Keith Wells is off-lineSilver Member
11 January 2014 11:28
keithpics
Photographer

East Sussex
Brighton

Over the past 20 years, I've dealt with a good number of clients from other countries; very few from mainland Europe. It's the internet that made the difference. The EU has done nothing except obstruct my business.

I think the Scottish should make their own decision on independence from the UK.

I shall be voting UKIP in the coming European elections and at the next General Election. My view is simply that the EU was set up by politicians with nothing in mind except feathering their own nests at the expense of the taxpayer. It's expensive, morally corrupt and a blight on the modern world.

Paul Hodson is off-line
11 January 2014 12:04
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Quote from anthonyh
The whole of the UK needs to start  electing decent politician to Westminster....if this happened the Scots wouldn't be so keen to go independent.

And a few fewer Scots would be a good start in that! 

(Brown, Blair........)
Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

John McNairn is off-line
11 January 2014 13:25
Fox2006
Photographer
Fox2006
Tayside
Dundee

When the question of Independence first kicked off I thought it was a stupid idea and that a huge part of Scotland would vote No...now I'm not so sure, there does seem to a serious swing to the Yes...how much of a swing is hard to tell.
I think having the Tories in Downing St has a large influence on the situation, which in my view is wrong but it is clouding the issue.
Erica Von Stein - jealousy does manky things to people.

Simon Chan is off-line
11 January 2014 13:56
Chandos
Photographer

Merseyside
Liverpool

If Scotland and Wales leaves the UK there might be implication for the UK to remain as a veto welding permanent member of the UN.

Paul Hodson is off-line
11 January 2014 14:44
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Quote from Fox2006
When the question of Independence first kicked off I thought it was a stupid idea and that a huge part of Scotland would vote No...now I'm not so sure, there does seem to a serious swing to the Yes...how much of a swing is hard to tell. I think having the Tories in Downing St has a large influence on the situation, which in my view is wrong but it is clouding the issue.

There will be more Tories there if they do - relatively speaking!
Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

Len Maynard is off-line
11 January 2014 17:41
Skid2
Photographer
Skid2
Cheshire
Stockport

When I lived in Aberdeen in the 70's I voted SNP as I always hoped that they would push for Independence then.

Now my motives have changed but I still agree they should seek independence and hopefully they would close all the military bases as it is such a trek up to Lossie, Kinloss and Leuchars for the RAF bases and Faslane to see the Atomic subs.
"I never cared for fashion much, amusing little seams and witty little pleats: it was the girls I liked." - David Bailey

Street Model is off-line
11 January 2014 18:11
StreetModel
Photographer
StreetModel
Essex
Upminster / All UK

If Scotland leaves the UK, I wonder what will happen in the Westminster Government. At the moment, Scottish politicians can influence the laws over England, but laws passed in Scotland are not influenced by English politicians.

If Scotland leaves, 59 MP's leave too, 1 Tory, 17 Lib/Dems and 41 Labour. I wonder how that would effect the next General election??
It could be Lupus.... It is NEVER Lupus!!

Paul Hodson is off-line
11 January 2014 18:30
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Quote from StreetModel
If Scotland leaves the UK, I wonder what will happen in the Westminster Government. At the moment, Scottish politicians can influence the laws over England, but laws passed in Scotland are not influenced by English politicians.

If Scotland leaves, 59 MP's leave too, 1 Tory, 17 Lib/Dems and 41 Labour. I wonder how that would effect the next General election??

Well

You have to give the Conservatives credit for not supporting the idea in the circumstances! In fact if there were an English government without Welsh and Scottish influences......

Andy_B is off-lineSilver Member
11 January 2014 21:15
Andy_B
Photographer
Andy_B
London
London

Quote from StreetModel

For the better! cheeky

Malc is off-lineSilver Member
12 January 2014 05:11
cziiki
Photographer
cziiki
London
London

Quote from Chandos
If Scotland and Wales leaves the UK there might be implication for the UK to remain as a veto welding permanent member of the UN.

Indeed the UK was created in Edinburgh by the Act of Union, so if the union broke up there would be no UK. Loyalists in Northern Ireland (mainly of Scottish Protestant descent) are not loyal to England, but to the crown, so would have no reason to want to stay in a rump UK with England.

The first pound note was Scottish (under license from the BoE) - the pound is the currency of the Union, not of England, and Westminster has no particular right to claim it should continue to control it when the Union does not exist. Equally England would find it hard to justify remaining in the Security Council, it would be one of the top 4 European nations but Germany or the EU would seem to have much better claim.

All the small separatist movements in Europe would get a big boost by a civilised democratic negotiated split - i.e. the world would see you can do it without having a war! - Italy and Germany were both clusters of small states until very recently, who knows if any of those historic city states would see possibilities, specially if Scotland stayed in the EU.

The dissolution of the Union would be the beginning of a major series of events. Maybe a back door to peaceful progress towards anarchism! If Scotland prospered, doing its own thing within a social democratic concensus, others would follow.

Me, I'd love to be Cornish and have a passport with piskies on every page and cream tea as the national dish.

22 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Astramore fashion29 infinitelizzy Lord1982 shadowsfire
63jian Cheshunt83 cliffc djb1 JohnDentonPhoto Kentrichuk Kjoservices MarcXJR nemesis pb_photography philippahh photomart Picturemike Platidonio rscott360 spiritofwales stevegosh