Mark Duggan - Lawful killing

Peter Hague is off-line
14 January 2014 11:38
PeterH
Photographer
PeterH
South Yorkshire

Quote from Sdeve
To avoid confusion I should say that I don't know of any shooting club that wouldn't accept police officers as members. What I do know of is ranges that will not allow police firearms unity to practice there, and some that have had bad experiences, damage to the range by careless shots mainly. At least one range at Bisley is hired by the police for practice. Members of the public are excluded from entering the range for any reason while this practice is going on.

I once went to a media day organised by South Yorkshire police firearms unit. The had a big outdoor disused quarry type place, and we got to 'play' with everything, live rounds too. We got glocks, MP5's (sadly they don't do full auto) shotguns and sniper rifles. Even had a kind of run/pick up gun and shoot course set up for us. A nice day out.

QuoteAs far as the photograph is concerned, that was found on a computer belonging to a member of the firearms team that , around the same time, as the death due to negligence of several members of the team, of PC Terry. That picture is of police officers larking around with a firearm in circumstances that are unacceptable.

Did a press job once (first woman firearms officer I think), all the brass were there, and non of them seemed to have a problem with 'down the barrel' pictures being taken.
"I am the one who knocks" - Walter White

Moi is off-line
14 January 2014 11:46
clearview_photography
Photographer
clearview_photography
County Durham
North East

Quote from Sdeve
OK, I'll type this as slowly and as clearly as I can. There is nothing humorous about that image. Their actions in posing for it are a disgrace. And yes, larking around, with a firearm is unacceptable in any circumstances which naturally means that I find their 'larking around' unacceptable. A slightly less than perfect use of English in the post you quote, for which I'll apologise because hadn't thought I'd be addressing the hard of thinking.

So why put it in a folder called Humour, strange choice, but no doubt you’ll have some brilliant reason for this

Please type as slowly as you can, because when your fingers out run your brain you tend to spout the same old crap

You could have just apologised without the insult, but I get the impression you dont like apologising as you seldom think you’re wrong

I’d much prefer to belong to the hard of thinking than be someone with such an over-inflated self opinion 
The most dangerous creation of any society is the man who has nothing to lose." - James Baldwin

10 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
missloulou NatashaAston
analog carshaltonkev empire17 FusionImages JohnDentonPhoto redtail Steveh32 woody