Mark Duggan - Lawful killing

Andy is off-line
08 January 2014 12:53
photostore
Photographer
photostore
Fife
fife based, but Scotland wide

Strangely for me as i'm not a police fan at all but I agree. gun or not in his hand at the time, if you drive about the streets armed with a firearm there is a good reason for anyone not to wait to get shot at !
Carry a gun in the street, expect the worst from the police or any rival.

guess the riots will start again this evening
lets get shootin

Matt Harper is off-line
08 January 2014 14:25
mattharper
Photographer
mattharper
Devon
Paignton

I agree but for a slightly different, or maybe more specific reason.
There is doubt over whether he had the gun in his hand, that doubt is based on a witness changing his story from saying he did to saying it was a phone.
The Lawful Killing is valid to me because any use of the gun he had just acquired would have been unlawful, as well as just having it in his possession and there was a good chance it may have been used to kill someone, therefore to me, nothing to do with colour, he got exactly what he deserved, but there is no way the family, friends and all of the community, far and wide will accept that.

08 January 2014 22:35
JadedRed
Model

There is so much dodgy about this it's frightening to even think about.

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
09 January 2014 03:28
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

I think it's a shame more of these wannbie gangsters aren't gunned down. Gun ownership probably wouldn't be so attractive if you knew you'd be dealt with that kind of justice.

I think the worst thing out of all of this is that even though it's been ruled as lawful, there'll still be never ending inquiries about what happened and what can be done to prevent it happening again. Personally I'd rather efforts were made to ensure the police are 100% confident they make the right choice and to be able to act with impunity once a decision has been made to take these thugs down.
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

09 January 2014 03:43
Lisaliz
Model

It was appalling how the jury was abused and intimidated by the mob representing Duggan's family. While they were entitled to their anger and disagreement with the verdict, their behaviour towards the jury and police was disgraceful.

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
09 January 2014 03:47
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Quote from Lisaliz
It was appalling how the jury was abused and intimidated by the mob representing Duggan's family. While they were entitled to their anger and disagreement with the verdict, their behaviour towards the jury and police was disgraceful.

Don't forget this is probably the same mob that goaded people into the London riots in the first place.

Sadly we live in a culture where scum like this are often seen as little angels & victims of nonsense like poor upbringing etc. and IMO it's high time it all that rubbish stopped.
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

Skinz Entertainment is off-lineGold Member
09 January 2014 06:22
skinz
Photographer
skinz
Sweden

It's a real pity the police didn't chase after Stephen's killers (instead of brushing aside pleas) and give them the same brand of 'justice'.

Skinz Entertainment is off-lineGold Member
09 January 2014 06:27
skinz
Photographer
skinz
Sweden

Quote from mattharper
I agree but for a slightly different, or maybe more specific reason. There is doubt over whether he had the gun in his hand, that doubt is based on a witness changing his story from saying he did to saying it was a phone. The Lawful Killing is valid to me because any use of the gun he had just acquired would have been unlawful, as well as just having it in his possession and there was a good chance it may have been used to kill someone, therefore to me, nothing to do with colour, he got exactly what he deserved, but there is no way the family, friends and all of the community, far and wide will accept that.

Death is such an easy thing to deserve it seems.

09 January 2014 06:52
silverk
Photographer

Quote from JadedRed
There is so much dodgy about this it's frightening to even think about.

What exactly is dodgy? The fact the inquiry was held in front of a jury of his peers and they still found it a lawful killing, the fact he had an illegal weapon in his car, the fact the officer who shot him was also filmed giving him first aid trying to keep him alive.

The family were on TV last night saying it was the Tottenham Court Road Police that started the riots, go figure! I understand why they are upset, the truth hurts for them because they have to acknowledge their little baby was not as innocent as they thought and the prospect of getting vast sums in compensation has greatly reduced.

Dont play with the big boys if it turns out you are a little boy who goes home crying to mummy! (or not as was the case this time).

09 January 2014 07:15
JadedRed
Model

Quote from silverk
What exactly is dodgy? The fact the inquiry was held in front of a jury of his peers and they still found it a lawful killing, the fact he had an illegal weapon in his car, the fact the officer who shot him was also filmed giving him first aid trying to keep him alive. The family were on TV last night saying it was the Tottenham Court Road Police that started the riots, go figure! I understand why they are upset, the truth hurts for them because they have to acknowledge their little baby was not as innocent as they thought and the prospect of getting vast sums in compensation has greatly reduced. Dont play with the big boys if it turns out you are a little boy who goes home crying to mummy! (or not as was the case this time).

The fact way changed the story over and over. The witnesses all disagreeing with the police's description of events. The people involved questioning the investigation.

It seems like whenever we get police killling someone or some other terrible thing the result is always "no, it's okay, we're not evil, we're just really incompetent". And I'm not sure that is much more reassuring.

35 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Bluesapphire dillon1993 Krystald RobynJayne toxicinnocence
63jian Boosh D_H_P djb1 fannmore GlasgowPhotographer IanHighlander James7799 Jamesrichards john_at_tina_spice JohnWindsor jpegster lester2705 liteangle MauricesImagery midnite Musicman muz nemesis philippahh photomart rembrandt Rhadamanthus rod_m99 rscott360 Scotography Sp_digital streetmodel trampmajor Willy_O