Reminder Secure

Models...When applying for a casting....

Melissa Tongue is off-lineSilver Member
08 January 2014 06:07
xxmrmthxx
Model
xxmrmthxx
Oxfordshire
Henley-on-thames

Oh well that's included in about me bit. I offer my local studio as the rate is the same as just my usual rate (have a great deal with them and drop my rate), my MUA/ friend if I feel it goes with the casting and always say what props and clothes I have even if it's mainly a nude shoot as 9/10 they will want some sort of clothing Phew I think I make that to 9/10 now x

08 January 2014 06:07
Socialdisaster
Photographer

If it's along the lines of "hey huun intrsd in ur cc" then I bin it especially as when I place a casting I always, always, ask for rates / etc to be included in the first emails. It's just proof they haven't read / can't approach professionally.

Basically, just an email that shows they've read the casting and maybe glanced at my port.
Modesty is just arrogance in stealth mode

Amber West is off-line
08 January 2014 06:14
Amber6
Model
Amber6
Dumfries and Galloway

Yes! I'm usually pretty good at this (or I try to be) and I do say more than a one word reply. I try to address whoever it is by name (if that's available to me), talk about myself i.e. past experience, answer questions in casting. I mention wardrobe/location ideas if they are relevant.
To be fair, I'm an incredibly fast typer, so all of that probably takes me a lot less than most people.

Cody is off-lineSilver Member
08 January 2014 06:59
Cody
Model
Cody
Oxfordshire
bicester

I have a good place to shoot from but don't mention it unless they are specifically looking for a place .Maybe I should
I can do my makeup to a good standard and have some props etc. It has made me think as I dont always include this information....it depends on the casting really

Paul Hodson is off-line
08 January 2014 07:02
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Quote from Cody
I have a good place to shoot from but don't mention it unless they are specifically looking for a place .Maybe I should
I can do my makeup to a good standard and have some props etc. It has made me think as I dont always include this information....it depends on the casting really

Worth mentioning both if you are happy to do so.  cheeky
Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

08 January 2014 07:16
barone
Photographer

It's not only castings.....

If I'm trying to blag a free shoot with a model, I have to try & impress her with the fact I've got a mood board with ideas, that I already have a makeup artist, hairstylist & wardrobe onboard......Yet, when a model contacts me (which is not often on here), it's usually, NOT always, "hi, I'd love to shoot with you"...no mention of what they are bringing to the table.

In the same way we stereotype people from certain countries around the world...we wouldn't want British models to be thought of a lazy....right?

Next Model Day...23rd March 2014...http://purpleport.com/portfolio/angie...Interested?...Ask me for details.

08 January 2014 07:43
Socialdisaster
Photographer

Quote from Amber6
I try to address whoever it is by name (if that's available to me),

This always impress' me as it means they've at least looked at my refs, also, as that's the only place my name is.
Modesty is just arrogance in stealth mode

Paul Hodson is off-line
08 January 2014 07:48
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Quote from barone
It's not only castings..... If I'm trying to blag a free shoot with a model....................

I assume you mean TF - not free?  laugh

Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

08 January 2014 10:29
Jackass
Photographer

i cntype fat too
If it walks like a duck, and talks like a duck, it could be my ex wife.

Profile Pictures is off-line
08 January 2014 10:37
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Suffolk
Bury St Edmunds

I'm not all that bothered really, an approach is nice in any case, and if the model appears to have a look or styling that appeals I really don't have the headroom to ignore her based on either her not being a gifted typist or perhaps just deciding not to waste too much time in indicating an interest.

I'm just not good enough to believe someone on first contact has to unfold every detail of their suitability, or that some who appear not so suitable actually turn out to make great pictures. Also as indicated by Barone, these approaches aren't particularly common anyway!

29 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
alishaa danixhale Dolphin Lushlolly Pinklilly tanyacox
abouncer azurphotos barrysmiles Blancho david1500 diphoto Essexjohn fannmore FlyingShot GlasgowPhotographer Hioctane ism1967 James7799 just_lez KrissB Ladiesman liteangle orca_photography philippahh Skystudio sniffer tonyk1
harbourstudio