Reminder Secure

Models...When applying for a casting....

08 January 2014 05:23
barone
Photographer

....How many of you bring more than a one word reply & yourself to the table?

Photographers...What are your expectations?

Next Model Day...23rd March 2014...http://purpleport.com/portfolio/angie...Interested?...Ask me for details.

Paul Hodson is off-line
08 January 2014 05:38
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

I expect when I get a reply which says "intrsted" - that I won't be!
Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

Melissa Tongue is off-lineSilver Member
08 January 2014 05:52
xxmrmthxx
Model
xxmrmthxx
Oxfordshire
Henley-on-thames

I usually say a little bit about my self, experience, where I'm based if having to travel and my way of transport and what I can offer to the casting, why I feel I would be suitable, answer any questions in the casting and I look forward to hearing from them
Erm anything I've missed? x

08 January 2014 05:54
xxmrmthxx
Model
xxmrmthxx
Oxfordshire
Henley-on-thames

Oh yes and also if I've worked with them before I say "oi you, you remember me?" Funny enough I don't normally get a reply from that x

08 January 2014 05:55
paulbatterbury
Photographer

I applied for a load of jobs over the Christmas period, just by sending the companies a letter, no CV or introduction, just simply "Interested"...

There is a balanced reply, clearly "interested" simply doesn't cut it, if you where, you would write a bit more, then their are those few that go to the far extreme and flood you with information, to much information can causes a person to switch off.

A few paragraphs, not a life story, and normally when I offer a job, it means I already know how much you going to pay, so I don't need to be told the models their rates, as in reality, some models' rates and very ambitions and some models are rejected at the casting stage. And really if you "Love to work with me" then you would either book and pay me yourself, or come over and work for free...

With a casting, I post up the "requirements" but I often get message who feel these are "options" and when I say no for whatever reasons, I have in the pasted been questioned why or hassled.

If a model is not going to sell, or does not match the requirements then I would be out of pocket shooting them.

you would purposely by yourself a coat that is too small, yet many people think photographers would sell themselves short, and I sorry I really feel that I bent over backwards to many times in the past just to have model push me to just over that line, as I sure many other have. We always here how hard done by models are, and yes there are times when model are treated unfairly, but it normally the photographers that have more to lose, and that is why we do castings and ask other for references.
Kind Regards Paul http://www.paul-batterbury.com

Paul Hodson is off-line
08 January 2014 05:59
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Quote from xxmrmthxx
I usually say a little bit about my self, experience, where I'm based if having to travel and my way of transport and what I can offer to the casting, why I feel I would be suitable, answer any questions in the casting and I look forward to hearing from them Erm anything I've missed? x

"Answer questions in the casting"?

You'll never get on - that's not the way it is done!  surprise
Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

08 January 2014 06:00
barone
Photographer

Quote from xxmrmthxx
I usually say a little bit about my self, experience, where I'm based if having to travel and my way of transport and what I can offer to the casting, why I feel I would be suitable, answer any questions in the casting and I look forward to hearing from them
Erm anything I've missed? x

8/10...always room for improvement, but it's a good start....
Next Model Day...23rd March 2014...http://purpleport.com/portfolio/angie...Interested?...Ask me for details.

08 January 2014 06:01
xxmrmthxx
Model
xxmrmthxx
Oxfordshire
Henley-on-thames

Quote from mph
"Answer questions in the casting"?

You'll never get on - that's not the way it is done!  surprise

Dam there goes my modelling lol x

08 January 2014 06:02
xxmrmthxx
Model
xxmrmthxx
Oxfordshire
Henley-on-thames

Quote from barone
8/10...always room for improvement, but it's a good start....

What else is there? I think I do ok as usually get the casting but sometimes writting on my phone it decides to re open the page so I try and do as much as possible in a small amount of time lol x

08 January 2014 06:03
barone
Photographer

Sorry....I may not of expressed myself correctly.....I'm more interested in , if models bring more to the table than themselves....eg a makeup artist, a hairstylist, clothing, props, etc, etc.

29 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
davenport Exoticangel Gracieuxlove jenstar22 maria_dyl RedXXX rob452
bradder Cheshunt83 chicimages Dandelion daveo djb1 eosfan Essexjohn frankpht Hazy keltica Kjoservices MIB nemesis penfold10 redbaron Sarge skinz smooth_image steveh32 w4pictures westend_portfolios