Moi is off-line
07 January 2014 20:55
clearview_photography
Photographer
clearview_photography
County Durham
North East

Quote from Sdeve
Aren't you the bright one. You haven't seen the video yet you feel inclined to comment on it. Nothing of what I said was a personal attack on you yet you feel free to make personal remarks about me. Your comments moralise about common decency and respect. Qualities you seem unqualified to judge if your predilection to personal abuse is anything to judge by. And, FWIW, I would never in my police career, perfect or not, have acted like that cretin.

Wrong again, I havent commented on the video but rather on the fact that because we have certain rights to do somethings some people feel the need to exercise them whatever the circumstances

So your problems in life only started when you left the force then?
The most dangerous creation of any society is the man who has nothing to lose." - James Baldwin

Paul Hodson is off-line
08 January 2014 03:48
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Quote from HowardJ

No, they'd removed the risk of death from the public and the individual by closing the road. They should then have removed the individual by non-lethal means, introducing protective measures to stop him hurting himself and removed him to a safe place where they could have helped him with his problems. Allowing one person to mess up the lives of 1000s for almost an entire day just can't be right. The innocent members of the public were just forgotten about.

I hadn't realised that by closing the road that he could no longer hurt himself by jumping off the bridge. Low one was it?
Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

Howard Mansfield is off-line
08 January 2014 06:28
HMansfield
Photographer
HMansfield
Nottinghamshire

Quote from oceanova
have you never said anything in the heat of the moment,

I've certainly never told someone that they were lucky that I hadn't already knocked them out. I've been in an RTA with an absolute nobhead before too, and I didn't even threaten him.

With regards to Sgt Public-relations, the level by which he explains how he will make the photographer's day Hell, suggests that he's not blurting out something in the heat of the moment, but fully conscious and considerate of what he's saying.
Everyone knows photographers make up the hottest proportions of Britains single men. - Kater

Moi is off-line
08 January 2014 06:44
clearview_photography
Photographer
clearview_photography
County Durham
North East

Quote from mph
I hadn't realised that by closing the road that he could no longer hurt himself by jumping off the bridge. Low one was it?

Apparently they put him on a crash diet (unfortunate use of words) and he lost so much weight he floated, feather like, down and made a soft landing

But, as luck would have it a nosey person with a camera was passing I decided to take some photographs but thats a whole new story
The most dangerous creation of any society is the man who has nothing to lose." - James Baldwin

HowardJ is off-line
08 January 2014 09:19
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
Surrey
West Midlands

Quote from mph

it wouldn't, but jumping off the bridge would most likely result in a non-critical injury unless he is an accomplished diving champion (I'm sure the police could have asked just to make sure ). He might then have learned he was being bloody stupid and should sort his life out.

Paul Hodson is off-line
08 January 2014 11:55
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Quote from HowardJ
it wouldn't, but jumping off the bridge would most likely result in a non-critical injury unless he is an accomplished diving champion (I'm sure the police could have asked just to make sure ). He might then have learned he was being bloody stupid and should sort his life out.

Bloody Hell

a) Non critical?  He'd be lucky!
b) If ever I am in trouble - I'll know who to come to for sympathy and understanding!

You should stick with my original suggestion of shooting the inconsiderate bugger.

Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

AlletunYL is off-line
08 January 2014 14:29
AlletunYL
Photographer

London

Sometimes capturing Tradgedy and beauty in a public place is a crime, but also not to capture Tradgedy & beauty in a public place is surely a crime of history and humanity

Paul Hodson is off-line
08 January 2014 14:34
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Quote from AlletunYL
Sometimes capturing Tradgedy and beauty in a public place is a crime, but also not to capture Tradgedy & beauty in a public place is surely a crime of history and humanity

Yes but a picture of a car and a road ain't quite a tragedy!

Paul Jones is off-line
08 January 2014 15:51
Paul_Jones
Photographer
Paul_Jones
Lancashire
Wigan

Quote from mph
Yes but a picture of a car and a road ain't quite a tragedy!

It could be... (and newsworthy)

James Dean crash scene

Marc Bolan crash scene

Best regards
Paul

www.PaulJones.org (Glamour / Portraits / NSFW)

OldMaster is off-line
10 January 2014 16:50
OldMaster
Photographer
OldMaster
Hertfordshire
Harpenden

Since when has it been the norm for the Police to decide the law based on a sensitivity issue. His actions were hardly likely to do anything more than incur further disruption of the scene anyway.

Its simple, the photographer was not it appears breaking any laws..he could have been a freelance of press anyway ?

So, as usual we see the Police playing God. Back off and learn the limitations of your job would have my response. ..and as for photographing in "sensitive areas"...what a load of contrived boll*cks that one is...

Hell..I guess it won't be long before some of the population think its ok to shoot to kill an unarmed man...could never happen here...could it?

19 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Amazonian_chub Paris
cgwebster claypaws david1500 djb1 duncanjames eosfan iestyn James7799 moctezuma modelboutique nemesis Photokirk1 Puremoods Slickphotos Stoker Studio1 two_stops