Reminder Secure

I am a student photographer that has recently joined Purestorm

James Mckinlay is off-line
06 January 2014 17:40
JAMESIECOTTER
Photographer

Ayrshire
Largs

I am a student photographer and i am new to Purestorm .I am currently doing studio portraiture and looking for models to help me with this project.I am basing my work around the likes of David Bailey, Rankin and Peter Lindberg and will be taking the shots in the college studios.
I am posting this to see what people think about my profile and what i can add to it so any tips will be really appreciated.
Thanks
James Mckinlay

gerryquiff is off-lineSilver Member
06 January 2014 18:38
gerryquiff
Photographer
gerryquiff
Lanarkshire
Bonnie Scotland

Welcome to the site James, there are network meets in Glasgow and Edinburgh each month.

Mail me and I'll give you more details
CAT WANTED. Must be large enough to make Davy Crockett hat. (6 7/8) Prefer ginger

Profile Pictures is off-line
06 January 2014 22:26
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Suffolk
Bury St Edmunds

Welcome James,

Like your natural light stuff, push that a bit harder and you've something special I think, studio lighting is a bit flat and dull however. Back off the selective colour!

07 January 2014 09:21
C_Riccio
Photographer

You are where everyone is when they start experimenting with lighting. Most would say stick to standard light setups but I would say experiment and push the limits. The key here is to take notes either mental or on paper of every lighting setup you use and the results you got. Many people stumble along relying on blind luck but there is no point nailing a lighting setup by experiment if you cannot reproduce it later.

Oliver Cook is off-line
07 January 2014 09:32
artistoli
Photographer
artistoli
Malta

Welcome on board James!

Have fun, experiment, enjoy - there is no real point in pursuing photography for any other reason these days. If it comes from the heart and you feel like you are adding something to the world then you are on the right track to being happy.

27 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
al_dun Chaosoftrouble chloejade25 ElleLaura hazel_rose Kidane
Andy_B bbphotos bringingsexyback casell david1500 edb ellessephotography frankpht gadzooks2 gordon johnwayne jpegster kai_kul lenscape lenspoynter philippahh poah steveh32 tim_oh842 TonyNutley zackoloco