Change of policy leaves me stranded...

Tempus Fugit is off-lineSilver Member
06 January 2014 16:50
pinkbuildingphotography
Photographer
pinkbuildingphotography
Tayside

Quote from para
If I've got it right,something along the lines of only premium members being notified of new models signing up.To stop them being inundated with offers of work etc.Not sure if it worked

I thought that particular policy was brought in a year ago.

Riding on the Gotterdammerung. Down and down she goes. Where she stops no one knows.

Robert Shipp is off-line
07 January 2014 04:02
sedilah
Photographer

Cambridgeshire
Godmanchester

The message I got was immediately after hitting send on a PM to a new member. As I've already said it stated a change in policy which prevented standard members sending mails to new model members ... but as also stated my message does appear to have been sent. I can't tell you any more than that....

Andy_B is off-lineSilver Member
07 January 2014 04:14
Andy_B
Photographer
Andy_B
London
London

Quote from sedilah
The message I got was immediately after hitting send on a PM to a new member. As I've already said it stated a change in policy which prevented standard members sending mails to new model members ... but as also stated my message does appear to have been sent. I can't tell you any more than that....

The point of confusion is that is your original postin you said you could 'no longer continue your conversation', implying that you were communicating with her on Purestorm and something is now preventing you from doing so.

Can you confirm that this 'existing conversation' was not on this site? That would make the response of the Purestorm software a lot more understandable.

Perhaps Matt should remove the text about this being a 'new policy' - since as far as I can remember it's been in several years. I'm in full support of it... it's sad when new models join and then immediately leave because they've been bombarded with inappropriate work from a bunch of chancers - at least limiting contact to paid up members for a while puts a throttle on that (and hopefully more established and paying members are a little more responsible too).

Robert Shipp is off-line
07 January 2014 07:45
sedilah
Photographer

Cambridgeshire
Godmanchester

That was my point Andy. The conversation was/ IS on this site. Happy to report my message did go through and has been responded to so looks like whatever occurred has passed or didn't take effect
Thanks for the responses all.

R

matt is a moderatorPlatinum Member
07 January 2014 12:58
matt
Peacemaker
matt
East Sussex
Brighton

Quote from sedilah

we don't have any policy like that in place, are you absolutely sure it was on this site
If you are out to describe the truth, leave elegance to the tailor.

Robert Shipp is off-line
07 January 2014 13:36
sedilah
Photographer

Cambridgeshire
Godmanchester

Err, yeah fella.

matt is a moderatorPlatinum Member
07 January 2014 14:13
matt
Peacemaker
matt
East Sussex
Brighton

The thing is, there is no message on our contact page to that effect. Can you try it again and see if the same message comes up
If you are out to describe the truth, leave elegance to the tailor.

Moi is off-line
08 January 2014 05:54
clearview_photography
Photographer
clearview_photography
County Durham
North East

As I premium member I used to be able to get notifications of new members joining but since I gave up my paid membership I cant, is this the change in policy you're talking about?

http://www.purestorm.com/mail2/notifications.aspx
The most dangerous creation of any society is the man who has nothing to lose." - James Baldwin

Robert Shipp is off-line
08 January 2014 07:32
sedilah
Photographer

Cambridgeshire
Godmanchester

I'm positive it disallowed contact rather than disabled notifications... which I don't get anyway. It appeared directly after pressing send but as I said contact is restored now and I hadn't tried to resend the original so it got through OK.

Moi is off-line
08 January 2014 08:14
clearview_photography
Photographer
clearview_photography
County Durham
North East

Quote from sedilah
I'm currently in the middle of getting a date in my work diary for a shoot with a new member to the forum. Though new here she is a professional model and has worked many times previously and already has multiple recommendations. However due to the new policy for standard members apparently I can no longer continue my conversation with her and hence have no way now to confirm our booking. I appreciate the reason given for the policy though hardly think it fair .... when I offer my services through a third party I'd expect to receive all offers of work available even if it does mean then trawling through them. However it doesn't appear logical to interrupt midway two professionals trying to arrange a working agreement. Is there anything that can be done or any other way of contacting this member with whom I have already exchanged 3/4 mails to make this shoot happen? Thanks for any help or admin intervention they might be able to provide. Rob S. Edit: Hmmm. My sent box now contains the message I tried to send before getting the on screen message that the action was not allowed... the message that prompted this post. Does this mean the message has in fact been sent? Can anybody clarify for me?

A new member to the Forum or to this site??

If she's a professional model with multiple recommendations where did you see these, is she on another site

As there's no similar thread from the model maybe she just lost interest, I assume she could contact you via your website

Has the message in your sent box been read yet
The most dangerous creation of any society is the man who has nothing to lose." - James Baldwin

5 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
azurphotos johnwayne KrissB philippahh Wildcanyon