Reminder Secure

Change of policy leaves me stranded...

Robert Shipp is off-line
06 January 2014 06:48
sedilah
Photographer

Cambridgeshire
Godmanchester

I'm currently in the middle of getting a date in my work diary for a shoot with a new member to the forum. Though new here she is a professional model and has worked many times previously and already has multiple recommendations. However due to the new policy for standard members apparently I can no longer continue my conversation with her and hence have no way now to confirm our booking.
I appreciate the reason given for the policy though hardly think it fair .... when I offer my services through a third party I'd expect to receive all offers of work available even if it does mean then trawling through them. However it doesn't appear logical to interrupt midway two professionals trying to arrange a working agreement.
Is there anything that can be done or any other way of contacting this member with whom I have already exchanged 3/4 mails to make this shoot happen?

Thanks for any help or admin intervention they might be able to provide.

Rob S.

Edit: Hmmm. My sent box now contains the message I tried to send before getting the on screen message that the action was not allowed... the message that prompted this post. Does this mean the message has in fact been sent? Can anybody clarify for me?

Paul Hodson is off-line
06 January 2014 07:18
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Which change of policy?
Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
06 January 2014 07:31
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Premium membership can be had for as little as £2.50 a month. Just saying.
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

Oliver Cook is off-line
06 January 2014 07:36
artistoli
Photographer
artistoli
Malta

Quote from RedChecker
Premium membership can be had for as little as £2.50 a month. Just saying.

Exactly. I think its about time sites like this abandoned free memberships completely. I mean it is a business and has to make money - and many of us on here know exactly how hard that is these days. The problem is that people are so used to expecting everything online for free these days that it creates situations like these. If people won't spend £2.50 a month on the site then I really don't think they should be a part of it. It less than the price of a pint for heaven's sake.

Robert Shipp is off-line
06 January 2014 07:38
sedilah
Photographer

Cambridgeshire
Godmanchester

I know I know...
I assume there has been a change that I missed... I tried to reply to a pm from a new member and got a message saying a change of policy meant that standard members could no longer send messages to new model members... However as I say that message now appears as normal in my sent box. Not sure what's going on... can anyone enlighten me?

Edit: My point is I'm midway through a conversation here....

06 January 2014 07:54
silverk
Photographer

It was my understanding that it was only a temporary restriction contacting new members. I believe the idea was to let newbies get their feet under the table before being bombarded by every man and his dog sorry camera!

Not sure how long the embargo lasts but not very long I feel.

Robert Shipp is off-line
06 January 2014 08:00
sedilah
Photographer

Cambridgeshire
Godmanchester

Thanks silverk. Can you be any more specific at all?
It's just that I have a window to shoot and want to ensure I can use it...

R

Neil Anderson is off-line
06 January 2014 08:37
stolenfaces
Photographer
stolenfaces
London
West London

Whilst I wasn't aware of the policy ( I can see that it has some merit in principle)
But it must surely be an design/coding error if it is stopping you REPLYING to a mail.

Presumably you have reported it to admin.
Like any dealer he was watching for the card that is so high and wild he'll never need to deal another...

Gerry is off-line
06 January 2014 08:46
Gerry99111
Photographer
Gerry99111
Surrey
Guildford

Quote from artistoli
Exactly. I think its about time sites like this abandoned free memberships completely. I mean it is a business and has to make money - and many of us on here know exactly how hard that is these days. The problem is that people are so used to expecting everything online for free these days that it creates situations like these. If people won't spend £2.50 a month on the site then I really don't think they should be a part of it. It less than the price of a pint for heaven's sake.

This would just put the final nail in the coffin to the site. If it was a monopoly, it could get away with it but it is not and people who struggle to find the funds for a bus fare to go to a shoot [normally models who are expected to TF for months or years]. Its the models that attract the photographers.

I think the site owners are more than capable of establishing what they need to do to make money [which includes limiting costs as well as income generation]
If you have to ask why I do it, you will never understand the reason why

Peter Hague is off-line
06 January 2014 09:01
PeterH
Photographer
PeterH
South Yorkshire

Quote from Gerry99111
This would just put the final nail in the coffin to the site. If it was a monopoly, it could get away with it but it is not and people who struggle to find the funds for a bus fare to go to a shoot [normally models who are expected to TF for months or years]. Its the models that attract the photographers.

I think the site owners are more than capable of establishing what they need to do to make money [which includes limiting costs as well as income generation]

Indeed, I recall another site which went 'paid members only' and went from 450 average online to 20-25 virtually overnight. As said above, people expect everything for free on the internet, It's far too late to change that.
"I am the one who knocks" - Walter White

23 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Angeleyes777 celebrateeverymoment fashion29 missminiskirt pinklilly Saharagee Samfx
ad360photo Adamjonesphotography azurphotos Blancho Camerawerks coturnix duncanjames funky Kjoservices Ladiesman MIB Penfoldpc rscott360 skinz Steveh32 StuartCollinsPhoto