Reminder Secure

'It can be 50 - 60 or even 70 shoots before you can even think of getting paid for work'

OldMaster is off-line
19 January 2014 12:00
OldMaster
Photographer
OldMaster
Hertfordshire
Harpenden

".....I'm so confused by all this.How many shoots does a photographer have to do before evening thinking of getting paid for work..??"

+1,+1,+1....!!!

Yes, mute point!! So c'mon models, how many of you have ever paid the photographer?

A lot of the modelling "talent" on here is negligible but there will always be "photographers" who will pay a girl to get her kit off. I appreciate there are also some very accomplished models on here who deservedly charge for there services. It is of course supply and demand...it seems to me any girl that can roll around, pout and insert toys can get paid but does that make them "models"? Don't know.. "models" you answer that one!

And of course there is a glut of "photographers" with wallets at the ready, so, I guess it would be stupid not to take the money..

But I am sick of reading "this is my full time job..." Yeah, well, its ours to for some of us!

Neil Anderson is off-line
19 January 2014 12:10
stolenfaces
Photographer
stolenfaces
London
West London

Quote from OldMaster
".....I'm so confused by all this.How many shoots does a photographer have to do before evening thinking of getting paid for work..??"

+1,+1,+1....!!!

Yes, mute point!! So c'mon models, how many of you have ever paid the photographer?

A lot of the modelling "talent" on here is negligible but there will always be "photographers" who will pay a girl to get her kit off. I appreciate there are also some very accomplished models on here who deservedly charge for there services. It is of course supply and demand...it seems to me any girl that can roll around, pout and insert toys can get paid but does that make them "models"? Don't know.. "models" you answer that one!

And of course there is a glut of "photographers" with wallets at the ready, so, I guess it would be stupid not to take the money..

But I am sick of reading "this is my full time job..." Yeah, well, its ours to for some of us!

As with models, if you have a client who will pay you for your work (or pay you for work already produced) then you can get paid. How may shoots (or years) is largely irrelevant on both sides.

If it's your full-time job to take photos of models then you wouldn't be wasting your time working with models who weren't worth paying for their time/labour, would you ?
Like any dealer he was watching for the card that is so high and wild he'll never need to deal another...

Mike Blissett is off-line
20 January 2014 04:14
MikeBee
Photographer

Kent
Canterbury

As so many times on here being 'professional' has so many meanings and is often questioned, we have to accept big fat wallets do rule the day. We pay our money and take our choice and if not we walk away..

32 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
bonni_cuffs FernandaRevelo pinklilly skyglanceyx
63jian ad360photo Andyk bbphotos BOBREEVES carpe_diem Daveinsurrey Djanimation djb1 domnumberone ellessephotography flawless_photo giwanski GlasgowPhotographer gordon grahamh gwentman ignite JasonSmithPhoto JOOPninja Jskazza mlp nickdandalos philippahh rcimages redbaron sniffer stevegosh