Reminder Secure

Cameras used in films

10 February 2014 19:55
Catuaba
Photographer

I had a play with wondershare video editer, as a download whilst deciding on adobe's software, the saturation turned ok and video looked well, but for indoor I was at like iso 1250 F11 1/50th and 23 frames, this was on a 50mm 1.8 so no i.s. It looks not bad but having too work lights on was a nightmare and the slightest knock to the camera without is was bad.
The whole zoom aspect too in comparison to a decent camcorder was weird.
Photography I am not new to, but with video it's brand new, starting from the bottom. And just because it's coming with dslr's now let me say, does not make me think for a second im a videographer, just interested in learning.

When I say zoom aspect, clearly the 50mm is a prime, I also used a 70-200 f4 in the tight space but I mean In general on a camcorder you can zoom quick and accurately in a different way.

David Heels is off-line
11 February 2014 13:56
Crippen
Photographer
Crippen
South Yorkshire
Sheffield

I don't know if anyone's been following the Quentin Tarantino saga, regarding his latest film 'The Hateful Eight', which he dropped when a Hollywood agent apparently posted the script online. 

The film is described, as a 70mm ensemble Western.

In fact, the very opening lines of the script read...

EXT -  WHITE WINTER WYOMING MOUNTAIN RANGE - SNOWY DAY.

A breathtaking 70mm filmed (as is the whole movie) snow covered mountain range.

A staggering opening vista, set to appropriately nerve jangling music.

Then in the bottom left of this big 70MM SUPER CINEMASCOPE FRAME, we see a STAGECOACH being pulled by a team of SIX HORSES rip snorting through the bottom of the landscape.

Perhaps we can expect a resurgence of 70mm.
Dave

11 February 2014 17:00
ATVLONDON
Photographer

My Arriflex 16 BL. I used this camera to shoot lots of stuff between 2000 - 2008. Bloody expensive to feed with film and getting it telecined was prohibitive for a pauper like me.
[URL=http://img267.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=155784908_arri_122_252lo.jpg][/URL]
If this doesn't display can someone explain how you post images on these threads.
My doctor told me I've only got 6 months to live. Then I told him I couldn't pay him... so he gave me another 6 months.

32 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
BlueLah caz0054 mandymack Modelhannahxx Natalie120525 shazza09 Teela
amvma bbphotos diphoto Djanimation donaldmac dorrian grahamsphotography Ianmcculloch joolsy Kiboko Kjoservices lify Mattcairns mauricesimagery Njsphotography panda49 peteb rdp Rob77 scottmcccxiv star_shots Steve1313 stevegosh steveh32 swalsh58