Reminder Secure

New Images

Clare is off-line
31 December 2013 05:53
Clare_atherton
Photographer

Merseyside

I am a fairly new hobbyist photographer. I have just uploaded a selection of my recent shoots and would like your opinions about how i'm doing and what I need to focus on in 2014

I have also posted below my personal favorites.

Thank You

Clare is off-line
31 December 2013 16:24
Clare_atherton
Photographer

Merseyside

That bad that after 10 hours no one wants to review my port

HowardJ is off-line
31 December 2013 16:42
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
Surrey
West Midlands

I quite like the art nude ones, but there's not enough variety in your portfolio to do a proper review.

I'd suggest doing more shoots and working on composition a bit more (random big book in one shot).

Profile Pictures is off-line
31 December 2013 17:32
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Suffolk
Bury St Edmunds

Of the three shown, no not at all bad, heaps better than a host of others you'll see as you drift through the site.Tasteful beginnings and fairly sympathetic post process.I think your composition needs work maybe, with the three above, too central, too little and squished in the corner and lastly, too cramped. That's pretty subjective though and I'd expect to see some good stuff coming up.

Gerry is off-line
31 December 2013 18:17
Gerry99111
Photographer
Gerry99111
Surrey
Guildford

If you hadn't have mentioned you are just starting out, I would have never realised it as you have the basic structure and eye to create nice images which is more than you see on plenty of ports.

You have shot with Angela who is one of my favourite models and if you can work with her again, modelling is something you won't need to worry about.

Asking what you should concentrate on? I think find a handful of ideas that really appeal to you and really get to grips with understanding how you could deliver them. I would keep it simple to start off with. At least one idea, use one simple softbox and see what you can create with that and how close you can get to it. For another idea, just natural light with maybe a reflector. I would leave mixing natural and flash until you have a degree of comfort in using the both in isolation.

The reason I suggest that you develop the ideas is because they will be special to you and you will then be on a road to discovery in trying to create them and better able to work out how to improve
If you have to ask why I do it, you will never understand the reason why

Clare is off-line
31 December 2013 18:29
Clare_atherton
Photographer

Merseyside

Thank you for you comments, I really appreciate your constructive comments giving me things to think about in the new year, I will definitely put your comments into practice Gerry, sounds interesting and also something to learn from. Profile pictures, I see what you mean about the crops and the composition, may even go back and look at a different edit see what I can come up with, Thanks. Howard, thank you for your comments, composition is something I will be concentrating more on, thanks.

Clare x

24 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Cody Tashaholz
ansonphotography bbphotos bdj2454 Blancho BOBREEVES dbphoto duncanpritchard Gregory_Mason jyp keltica lify Lucas_46 mareeoosh modelboutique oscar plld Reynard sniffer stevegosh Steveh32 Studio1 Willy_O