Reminder Secure

"You won't be disappointed"?

EdT is off-line
31 December 2013 07:39
EdT
Photographer
EdT
Cambridgeshire

And a late posting, with only 28 hours and 51 minutes left, looks like it could win the most petty post of the year award.

Peter Hague is off-line
31 December 2013 07:43
PeterH
Photographer
PeterH
South Yorkshire

Quote from johnlp
Surely all it is, is a small, but effective marketing tool. It says, "I'm a confident model who will allow you to produce the images you need." It beats, "luv yer work, interested in working wiv yer, hun".

Or, it could be code, used knowingly or unknowingly, overtly or deceptively. saying that 'other services' will be available.
"I am the one who knocks" - Walter White

31 December 2013 07:47
Brian_Markie
Photographer

I was offered a shoot with " you won't be disappointed". I wasn't in any word of the statement. Me thinks you should go for it.

31 December 2013 08:09
johnlp
Photographer

Quote from PeterH

Or, it could be code, used knowingly or unknowingly, overtly or deceptively. saying that 'other services' will be available.

If we go down this sad little route of trying to read innuendos into what models say then we are all damned.  And surely if the "code" is "unknowingly" used then "other services" aren't on offer.

I take models' comments that they are "open minded" at face value, and that they are willing to consider themes, WITHIN their limits.

HowardJ is off-line
31 December 2013 08:15
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
Surrey
West Midlands

Or it could be she has recently racked up a no show feedback and she is trying alay people's worries about it.

Chrissie Red is off-line
31 December 2013 09:16
Chrissie_Red
Model
Chrissie_Red
Tayside
Perthshire

Quote from PeterH

Its frightening to think some photographers might "pick up" or read into things we say wrongly.

"looking forward to the shoot" = "will be happy to give you a blowjob"
"Hello thanks for the message" = "Hi, lets have sex"
"Would you like me to bring any other clothing?" = "shall I need the whip and sexy handcuffs?"

I hope nobody tries to read into what I say - usually what I say is what I mean, I wont speak in codes and if something might end up sounding a bit like an inuendo its probably just my stupidity at not being more careful with what I say - it will never mean I want to have sex with the person getting the message... EVER.

Profile Pictures is off-line
31 December 2013 09:40
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Suffolk
Bury St Edmunds

*does a little sick in own mouth*

Amber West is off-line
31 December 2013 12:37
Amber6
Model
Amber6
Dumfries and Galloway

Quote from johnlp
If we go down this sad little route of trying to read innuendos into what models say then we are all damned.  And surely if the "code" is "unknowingly" used then "other services" aren't on offer.

I take models' comments that they are "open minded" at face value, and that they are willing to consider themes, WITHIN their limits.

Yes, 100% to what John wrote!  I've used the expression quite a few times myself, and last time I checked I wasn't offering anything untoward! 

...Coincidentally, I went out for lunch today at one of my favourite restuarants, I was pondering what to order for awhile and I chose the scallops.  Guess what the waitress said to me? 'Good choice, you won't be disappointed.'.

I've had hairdressers use that phrase, and photographers, and people at the Applestore!  Seriously, really, sometimes people need to get a life!  Makes me cringe to think that some folk sit there analysing every single word or phrase we utter for a deeper meaning!

Peter Hague is off-line
31 December 2013 12:45
PeterH
Photographer
PeterH
South Yorkshire

Quote from Chrissie_Red
Its frightening to think some photographers might "pick up" or read into things we say wrongly.

Unfortunately, there are some words and phrases used in the contact and sex encounter communities (of which a number of photographers are members) which are as eupamisms. Some people involved in these scenes will think/hope that the model is using them in the way they hope.

Thus, a model who is able to work from home should not put 'can accommodate' as that means 'you can come to my house and have sex with me' in sex encounter land.

Just think carefully before putting Up for Anything!, Open minded, Satisfaction guarenteed, You name it, i'l do it!  etc in your communications, as these can and will be jumped on by some to request sexual services.

(Models aren't entirely inocent either, some deliberately make these vague statements to attract bookings from hopefuls, who will end up leaving entirely dissatisfied.)
"I am the one who knocks" - Walter White

Paul Hodson is off-line
31 December 2013 13:15
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Quote from PeterH

Just think carefully before putting Up for Anything...................

Yes - I have seen that from models (usually new) who do not even list topless!  I shudder to think of their reaction to their inbox!
Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

0 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators